Bregir

Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

This is an incredible introduction with a ton of the lore of the founding nation weaved in. I am liking how you have fleshed out your characters and I also like the way you built them. I look forward to more of your stories and the science discoveries you will complete.

A really well crafted introduction @Lazer ! I love how your character is driven by the will to discover - quite similar to mine.

Well Welcome @Lazer We have gotten quite a few people recently. And I like it!

Your story is fantastic, I honestly think Baldonia is underused. And don't worry about your English. I like Odysstudos (Although his name is probably never going to be spelled right by me) and his companion. 

Make sure someone adds you to the PMs, (all of them!) and I look forward to seeing your builds!

Fantastic introduction, @Lazer. Nice minifigs, however I'd be cautious with mixing yellow and fleshy faces. May look odd when they stand next to each other.

@Lazer: Welcome to our ranks! I like the alternative backstory, and will be looking forward to seeing how this will play into the lore of our *cough cough* recently acquired areas. :pir-grin:

The Royal Society will be looking forward to cooperation with a fellow scientist and the "Gerousia of Physis", and may even in time offer you membership, should it be of interest.

@commodore bricksfeild: Lazer's is a good example of a sign up thread, with the sig figs and some background. Your official sign-up is not finalised until you have posted your sig fig. :pir-blush:

Official Report, October 31st, 617

King's Harbour, Cocovia

To Rear Admiral Fletcher, Commander of the Royal Terra Novan Fleet,

I regret to inform you that Corrington is under attack. During a routine patrol in the waters west of Cocovia, in command of the HMS Ironsides with the private vessel Justicia sailing in consort, we spotted a squadron of warships flying the Sea Rat colours. Upon closing to learn of their intention, they opened fire upon the Justicia. Lieutenant Mcleod and his men are to be commended for their high state of readiness and expert gunnery, immediately returning fire and sinking the nearest enemy, the class 4 brig of war "Harvester". However, with a fire threatening her magazine, the Justicia was forced to retreat. Laying the Ironsides to screen her, returning fire on these pirates, the Justicia was able to retreat safely. Now faced with overwhelming odds (the class 5 war junk "Viper", and the class 4 brig "Pineapple Revenge") and a mainmast wounded thrice, I broke off the engagement and retreated to King's Harbour to refit.

Considering the strength and nature of the threat, and the diplomatic ramifications, I hereby request orders and further resources to ensure the safety of Corlander shipping. And I humbly suggest that all Colonial Governors are given the resources to protect our shipping.

Current resources available at my command in King's Harbour:

• Class 5 postship, HMS Ironsides
  • Class 4 brig of war, Justicia
  • One class 1 Colonial Gunboat

Further, two WTC merchant vessels (the class 4 "WTC Beacon" and the class 6 "WTC Icarus Returning"), both of some firepower, may be of some assistance.

In service of Her Royal Majesty

Captain Jno. Cooke, RN

Colonial Governor, The Southern Isles

PS. I am concerned that our common friend, don Isaac Montoya, is missing after having approached the Sea Rats as a diplomatic representative, a concern not soothed by the sudden attack from the Sea Rats. Should you have any news of his well-being, I should be much obliged!

Wow, mister Montoya has dissappeared? Now that's an intresting developpment Bregir!

*Graps popcorn

Edited by TitusV

33 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Wow, mister Montoya has dissappeared? Now that's an intresting developpment Bregir!

*Graps popcorn

He was last seen landing on Tortuga to meet with Captain Benjamin Morgan for diplomatic talks! :pir-oh:

I say we nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure... what do you mean, "wrong era"?

I will follow this with great interest. :thumbup:

42 minutes ago, Lord Buckethead said:

Diplomacy, with a pirate? Blasphemy!

Not with a pirate, but with a representative of a group of individuals. Montoya's principle is to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and at least hear them out. This has served Corrington many times in the past, but if her Royal Majesty and the Parliaments disagree, I am certain he will listen... :pir-wink:

Well... If he can be found, that is... :pir-oh:

7 hours ago, Bregir said:

Official Report, October 31st, 617

Further, two WTC merchant vessels (the class 4 "WTC Beacon" and the class 6 "WTC Icarus Returning"), both of some firepower, may be of some assistance.

To Rear Admiral Fletcher,

The WTC Beacon and WTC Icarus Returning are at your service. We would appreciate it if you paid the 122 Dbs of operating costs to use the ships, but we are willing to help no matter what. Both are also loaded with mining supplies for the Grand Cocovia Railway, which could be repurposed if necessary. 

Regards,

Agnes Mesabi

OOC: Not sure if it's weird for me to put my two cents in, as I don't know if the WTC would be informed of anything, but you are free to use my ships.

16 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

OOC: Not sure if it's weird for me to put my two cents in, as I don't know if the WTC would be informed of anything, but you are free to use my ships.

It's super that you play along, Mesabi. I don't expect to use merchant ships, but if push comes to shove, the Colonial Governor will most definitely ask the captains of the WTC ships to aid her majesty's efforts to ensure the safety of Corlander interests! :)

3 hours ago, Bregir said:

He was last seen landing on Tortuga to meet with Captain Benjamin Morgan for diplomatic talks! :pir-oh:

Considering no one has seen or heard from Benjamin Morgan (i.e. @Jacob Nion) since the end of era 1, I am guessing you'll find Mister Montoya in that same guest house playing his gazillionth hand of solitaire, politely waiting for talks to begin. :pir-grin:

On 31-10-2017 at 2:52 PM, Bregir said:

Need to go check that out, then! :grin: 

The Office of the Governor, Jameston, Celestia, Paradise Isles. 4 November 617AE

Citizens of Corrington in New Terra,

The Corlander settlement of Jameston is looking to increase it's industrial capacity. To this end as Governor, I have recently authorised incentives for individuals and companies to invest in this area in Jameston. For each factory established in Jameston in the month of November, the Colonial government will not only pay the full licensing fee, but also award a bounty dependent on the size of the factory. Large factories shall receive a bounty of 400DB, medium 200DB and small 100DB. Due to our famous national innovation, remember that Corlander factories attract greater profits and running costs are cheaper than other nations. Unlike certain other nations of the Brick Seas, Corlander ports in the Paradise Isles shall remain open to all nations tariff free and foreign investment is welcomed (OOC this incentive applies all all BoBS members, not just those of Corrington). Interested parties should contact the office of the governor to apply. (OOC post your MOC in the Jameston thread and the money shall be transferred).

Long Live the Queen!

Dirk Allcock,

Colonel and Knight of the order of the Compass Rose,

Governor of the Paradise Isles.

Edited by Ayrlego

As awesome as this is: since when does Corrington get a bonus on factories? It was on educational properties last time I checked.

@Drunknok

On 11/09/2017 at 12:04 AM, Bregir said:

Update:

• Corrington will, goign forward, earn 10 % more on factories, and pay 10 % less for licensing them. The educational bonus was thought too narrow, and the science of Corrington presumeably spills over to more effective production. The educational bonus stays unchanged.