dr_spock

Sea Rats: Sign-up and Discussion, ERA II

On 12/7/2017 at 12:57 AM, Bregir said:

To all Sea Rats,

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta of Corrington, recognises your right to be free, without sovereign, and has taken measures to investigate and prosecute captain Tyrell of the WTC Icarus Returning upon suspicion of Piracy. 

Wow. A sovereign nation recognizes our right to avoid their taxes. This is amazing!

In other news, here's the beginning of a response from Sinbad.

14 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

In a bit of self-congratulations, Charlatan Bay has become the first colony to reach city status for the Sea Rats! 

(Eat our dust Bastion!)

Congratulations, that is always an achievement to be proud of. :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

In a bit of self-congratulations, Charlatan Bay has become the first colony to reach city status for the Sea Rats! 

(Eat our dust Bastion!)

Congratulations, Kwatchi, and good work.

On 12/25/2017 at 2:07 PM, Kwatchi said:

(Eat our dust Bastion!)

Congrats! That's a big accomplishment. :thumbup:

Dear sirs,

Please be reminded of our previous communications of the 7th of December 617 offering a cease fire to the Sea Rats as a whole, or to individual settlements.

Corrington has every hope of peace in our time, but it does take mutual commitment.

Sincerely

Rear Admiral Fletcher

Spoiler
On 12/7/2017 at 7:57 AM, Bregir said:

To all Sea Rats,

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Annetta of Corrington, recognises your right to be free, without sovereign, and has taken measures to investigate and prosecute captain Tyrell of the WTC Icarus Returning upon suspicion of Piracy. 

However, Her Majesty cannot accept incursions upon the safety of her citizens or shipping. Thus, Corrington hereby requests that the Sea Rats cease all attacks on Corlander vessels in return for an immediate termination of all aggressive patrolling by the Royal Terra Novan Navy. Should you accept such a general cease fire, Her Majesty will take that as a sign of general good faith. However, Corrington will hold all Sea Rats responsible for each other upon their honour as gentlemen, and be forced to consider any further attacks as an official declaration of war.

Recognising that the Sea Rats is but a loose confederation of settlements and individual agents, Her Majesty is aware that such a general agreement may not be possible, and that some Sea Rats may not feel able to answer for their brethren. Hence, Corrington is willing to make bilateral agreements with individual settlements, mutually ensuring each other against attacks and offering open ports, outside the necessary blockade zones.

Her Majesty hopes that relations with the Sea Rats can be normalised and later improved, and now asks that you convene and decide upon your position in this matter. Corrington shall respectfully await your response, be it a general agreement of cease fire, or bilateral agreements, and will make its dispositions accordingly.

In service of her Majesty, 

Rear Admiral Fletcher  Commander-in-chief 

Royal Terra Novan Navy

Howdy folks....Finally have some time to start building again!

I've been following things (loosely) around here....but need to know what to do about my ships and getting them registered again.

Will I have received a refund for the previous license? 

I ended up adding another hull section to "Antigone's Fury" so I might just be able to start it out as a new ship...and I'm working on another,

Anyway...good to see everyone is doing well and let me know anything I might need to know about jumping back into things....

33 minutes ago, Vedauwoo said:

I've been following things (loosely) around here....but need to know what to do about my ships and getting them registered again.

I ended up adding another hull section to "Antigone's Fury" so I might just be able to start it out as a new ship...and I'm working on another,

Anyway...good to see everyone is doing well and let me know anything I might need to know about jumping back into things....

Welcome back

1 hour ago, Vedauwoo said:

All active ships got their licensing costs reimbursed to their current owners. All the ships have to be re-licensed using the new licensing webform. There are new ship class distinctions, rules, and operating costs that can be found in the About Ships thread. If you need help understanding the new ship rules, or need help determining in what classes your ships belong, go to the New Ship Classes thread.

Edited by gedren_y

12 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

I think given your long inactivity we happened to forget it. @Phred should be able to handle refunds for you.

12 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

Given that you need to license all your vessels again with the new ship classes, you can, off course, show the newer, larger Antigone's Fury and license it appropriately. Looking forward to your new vessel; if you want to you are free to share your Progress in the Shipwrights Guild Hall for some quick feedback*

For the other stuff your faction is probably a better advisor then I am ;)

*most of the time

14 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

Howdy folks....Finally have some time to start building again....

Good to see you back Vedauwoo.  We're in that suspenseful lull of waiting for the MRCA results to come in atm, so things are kind of quiet unfortunately. 

On 1/14/2018 at 6:46 PM, Vedauwoo said:

You didn't before, but you have now.  Your 200 DB refund shows up in the July Summary. :thumbup: 

Welcome back. :pir-classic: 

So....I've been working on a new boat...and I figure I'd show it here and ask some advices....

New boat project

so, I love the look of this stern....but....

New boat project

I'm wondering if I should make the rear cabin extend down into this more....what's shown is just a "place holder" cabin resting on the main deck level...

New boat project

the more i look at it the more it seems I need to do this...as it looks a bit "whumpy" otherwise....

Whaddya thinks?? 

Wow! @Vedauwoo that's amazing so far! By "extend down," do you mean lower, towards the ruder? Or something else? If you have it sticking out that far I would just lengthen your support braces. Right now you just have the brown arches, but then it free-hangs a good 8 studs beyond the reach of the arch. Maybe if you added plates or bricks on top of the arches to give the cabin more to it's foundation instead of 1 plate.

well, the fo'c'sle is sorta "mid deck" in depth...so I was thinking of adding another room under the current rear cabin....just feel it will look more balanced...

8 hours ago, Vedauwoo said:

well, the fo'c'sle is sorta "mid deck" in depth...so I was thinking of adding another room under the current rear cabin....just feel it will look more balanced...

Thats quite some ship ... What about making the arch supports appear to extend into the cabin above ... Maybe extending that could raise the height 2 bricks and bring the whole cabin forward 3 or four studs ... Or keep the balcony where it is and slide the cabin forward then extent the balcony around the sides... Just brainstorming

Is it still okay to build in Bastion, or should all new buildings be in second era towns? because looking at the settlement thread it appears to have died out o.O

2 hours ago, Bart said:

Is it still okay to build in Bastion, or should all new buildings be in second era towns? because looking at the settlement thread it appears to have died out o.O

Au contraire, monsieur. Instead, you are now free to build in the old and the new world, so take your pick. :)

6 hours ago, Bart said:

It seems as of lately bastion is becoming the hub for piratey pirates and charlatan bay as the free traders that are less piratey lol ... 

18 hours ago, Bregir said:

Au contraire, monsieur. Instead, you are now free to build in the old and the new world, so take your pick. :)

Please refrain from making statements for us @Bregir.  Your opinion has no bearing outside your faction on such matters, and I for one do not appreciate the meddling.

@Bart Bastion is still the nominal SR capital, so feel free to build there.  Unfortunately @MKJoshA has been rather busy on the Star Wars forum and hasn't set up our monthly internal discussion thread.  Hopefully he'll get to that soon and you can bounce ideas off of us then in private.