Itaria No Shintaku

The Greatest Collectible Minifigure THANKS AND GOODBYE

Too many army-building minifigures already... so I voted for the Fly too!

No fav here, so I voted for Bart. If a Simpsons character has a chance to win, he is. But he won't as a see...

The S.5 Gladiator's murmillo helmet is one of my favorite CMF accessories ever. The Fly Monster would get my honorable mention.

Both Gladiator (the first one) and theĀ Fly have amazing helmet moulds, so this is a hard one. Voted Fly because it's unique.

Edited by Cagast

O!dschool Gladiator FTW!Ā :classic:

Ā 

46 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

HEEEEELP MEEEEEE...

Thats brilliant though!Ā :laugh:

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Fly Monster for me, and I realize I just made it tie with the gladiator. I'm hoping the army builders won't hijack this round too. :tongue:

Oohhh no. The Gladiator is leading now.... Why did you vote Fly Monster?!Ā :laugh:

Ā 

15 minutes ago, makoy said:

Oohhh no. The Gladiator is leading now.... Why did you vote Fly Monster?!Ā :laugh:

Ā 

You know, I'm starting to believe the explanation to my curse is that I'm not too much into the army-building figures. :tongue:

But come on people! The Fly Monster deserves this one! HEEEEELP HIIIIM...

The gladiators are not army builders at all. Completely individualized.Ā 

Ā 

The fly fly is cool, but series 5 gladiator won for me. :)

Hurry Fly Monster!! Or ANYTHING but those medieval weapon-wielding army builders!Ā :hmpf_bad:

Is the Eurobricks community such a fan of those CMFs? Still baffled by how Vacation Batman lost to the Spartan.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Hurry Fly Monster!! Or ANYTHING but those medieval weapon-wielding army builders!Ā :hmpf_bad:

Is the Eurobricks community such a fan of those CMFs? Still baffled by how Vacation Batman lost to the Spartan.

Again, nothing army builder about the gladiators. (And neither weapon is medieval)

Just look at the secondary market for the Spartan. It averages over $20 on bricklink and is generally considered to be one of the best and most highly sought after.Ā 

Ā 

Batman is is still available at retail. That may not be a fair way to judge "best CMF" and maybe Vacation Batman will some day be just as sought after (I personally doubt it), but I still think it's a factor.Ā 

No offense meant, but when

THE HEROIC KNIGHT

which is probably one of the most army builder ever lost to the

BABYSITTER

i just believe it depends on minifigures design and not on the army building factor.

52 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

THE HEROIC KNIGHT

BABYSITTER

i just believe it depends on minifigures design and not on the army building factor.

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. Honestly I think the Babysitter is overrated. Although... I'd probably say any figure that has won against my pick is overrated. :laugh:

Fly monster's claw put it over the gladiator's helmet. Ā Such a great fig.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

Fly monster's claw put it over the gladiator's helmet. Ā Such a great fig.

YAS!!! Thanks to you we have tied! :grin:

Come on, now we only need some good samaritans to give the fly monster the win... This is close!

14 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

THE HEROIC KNIGHT

BABYSITTER

Ā 

I don't think it had anything to do with the babysitter herself. That one was all about the accessory - the baby.

Ā 

The gladiator vs the fly was tough. I went fly, even though I love the gladiator. I army built (well, got a small army of eight) of the gladiators since they are useful for mixing and matching with other figures (barbarian, various bare-chested figure such as Ocean King, now the S17 gladiator, etc) to get groups of individual gladiators. But then I also army-built with the fly. For that one, some have two regular hands, some two claws, some just left, some just right, to give them a bit of genetic mutation between individuals within the species.