Maybe You should start a topic on Deviantart, or ask someone there with concept car references to collaborate.

Great idea, I will give it a try. Thanks!

8 hours ago, agrof said:

Maybe You should start a topic on Deviantart, or ask someone there with concept car references to collaborate.

Edited by Didumos69

On 18. 1. 2017 at 7:26 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Can you add a yellow line accent to this black version at the bottom to see if you can make it a true successor of the 8880?

I think that I can make it, in case you're interested. (My previous drawings are here: http://horcikdesigns.deviantart.com/gallery/)

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Are you wanting a sketch if what the Hammerhead could look like as a real concept car, like what Crowkillers did for his Vampire GT?

This:

vx7.jpg

If you want something like this, I could do it for you. I'm pretty good at simple vehicle sketches.

23 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I think that I can make it, in case you're interested. (My previous drawings are here: http://horcikdesigns.deviantart.com/gallery/)

22 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I know it's not very good, but since I worked on a picture, I'll still post it here so it doesn't go to waste.

12 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Are you wanting a sketch if what the Hammerhead could look like as a real concept car, like what Crowkillers did for his Vampire GT?

If you want something like this, I could do it for you. I'm pretty good at simple vehicle sketches.

1 hour ago, Blakbird said:

I can draw a rectangular prism.  Is that close enough?

Thank you guys! Good to know there are some folks within the community that are able and willing to do this :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. I'm quite impressed by some of the designs from @HorcikDesigns, especially the Concept I, so I would be very happy to collaborate with him. Thanks to all the others! @Offroadcreat1ons, I actually like the your line drawing. It does breath the simplicity that I'm looking for. @Saberwing40k, thanks for your offer. I didn't know Paul made such a drawing of the Vampire GT, looks great. @Blakbird, are you telling me you didn't draw all those beautiful renders by hand:laugh:?

@HorcikDesigns, thanks again, I'll send you a PM soon.

Edited by Didumos69

1 hour ago, Blakbird said:

Conceptual abstraction of Rugged-ness at it's best. :D (sorry for spam)

9 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Aren't triangles even stronger? :classic:

@Didumos69Thank you very much!

Yes, they are, but I used it in connection with the name of this topic. (not best choice of words, I know)

1 hour ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I used it in connection with the name of this topic. 

I know, I was just making a joke. :wink:

Now, back on topic, I think a high-quality drawing will compliment this amazing model perfectly. 

18 hours ago, Blakbird said:

16 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Conceptual abstraction of Rugged-ness at it's best. :D (sorry for spam)

Wikipedia 2084 "...it was only after his photo-realistic period that @Blakbird started to explore more abstract art forms, which eventually led to the ever-present prismism movement..." :laugh:

Edited by Didumos69

This thread has been a true joy to follow. While the final result was something different than I expected when it started, I very much like the final design. It reminds me of some of the greats (8865, 8880, 8448); functionally focused, with enough bodywork to give it shape and lines. The suspension is well thought out, both front and rear, and is not missing any feature. The gearbox is stunning, and focuses on functionality and reliability, rather than flash. I was not too keen on the open wheel wells at first, but they really grew on me, and it matches the project better than any other option. This car is truly set apart.

Regarding the presentation, I appreciated you bringing us along with your build; the challenges and the resolutions. It was great to watch this come together. It was great see all the many great ideas that contributed to the final design. I look forward to your next build.

This will definitely end up on the Top 17 of 2017 list. Great job.

1 hour ago, Thirdwigg said:

The gearbox is stunning, and focuses on functionality and reliability, rather than flash.

Out of curiosity, what would be considered "flash"? Like an RC gearbox?

Edited by Meatman

On 9-3-2017 at 4:27 PM, Thirdwigg said:

This thread has been a true joy to follow. While the final result was something different than I expected when it started, I very much like the final design. It reminds me of some of the greats (8865, 8880, 8448); functionally focused, with enough bodywork to give it shape and lines. The suspension is well thought out, both front and rear, and is not missing any feature. The gearbox is stunning, and focuses on functionality and reliability, rather than flash. I was not too keen on the open wheel wells at first, but they really grew on me, and it matches the project better than any other option. This car is truly set apart.

Regarding the presentation, I appreciated you bringing us along with your build; the challenges and the resolutions. It was great to watch this come together. It was great see all the many great ideas that contributed to the final design. I look forward to your next build.

This will definitely end up on the Top 17 of 2017 list. Great job.

Thank you very much for this great compliment! It would be an honor to end up in your 2017 list. A big thank you to the community too, for pushing me in the right direction on several occassions. Even at this stage: Seeing the first sketches from @HorcikDesigns helps me to make some subtle improvements to the body (see image below).

On 9-3-2017 at 4:27 PM, Thirdwigg said:

The gearbox is stunning, and focuses on functionality and reliability, rather than flash.

This was my main objective: to bring about something reliable and fool-proof rather than flash (I perceive flash as 'overly present'). The entire build has been put together in a way that even after a rough treatment, you don't need to tighten connections or fine-tune gears to avoid friction.

900x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

I'm working on some cutaways as presentation material. For those interested here's a cutaway showing all functional elements of the chassis. Here's the LXF-file (also contains the door locks).

960x540.jpg?a=1

960x270.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Oh my how very indicate you've made this. I love these cut aways, it looks awesome. Not to mention the awesome amount of detail you crammed in there, sway bars, torsion bars, ackeram steering, adjustable seats and that lovely gearbox/shifter you came up with! 

1 hour ago, DugaldIC said:

Oh my how very indicate you've made this. I love these cut aways, it looks awesome. Not to mention the awesome amount of detail you crammed in there, sway bars, torsion bars, ackeram steering, adjustable seats and that lovely gearbox/shifter you came up with! 

Thank you @DugaldIC. It was during our conversation back in November that I started to work out the suspension ideas, with the sequential shifter already laying around. I also remember we exchanged about splitting the shifter from the stepper. It was one of the events that got me started :classic:. EDIT: Still anxious to know what you're working on yourself.

Edited by Didumos69

21 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I didn't realize how many bevel gears that you had in the steering.

Indeed quite some bevel gears for the steering and 3 meshes between steering wheel / HoG and gear driving the gear rack, which is not uncommon btw. The two big bevel gears could be replaced by a single thick bevel gear. The thin ones have a slightly flatter surface and run more smooth. Anyway, the HoG still works very pleasantly. Slack also depends much on how well axles are braced.

Edited by Didumos69

Well I'm glad I was able to somewhat help in the beginning I'm very pleased with where this project has come! As for mine well I ran into a few snags unfortunately, my first gearbox started to skip and I was already making compromises with it so it gave me good reason to start all over again, then on top of that I'm in the middle of moving and waiting on the Buwizz ;). I have the framework, seats, dash, power, manual and pneumatic functions,  sorted out just a lot of finessing now. 

No real news here. Made a teaser video. Somthing like this will be part of the final video.