Hello everyone!

I'm coming back to you after 11 months with the next model. This time it is a combination of technic and model-team. It is a combine harvester Claas Lexion 760 The model has 13 engines. It is made of about 4500 parts.

offcial.jpg

Claas Lexion 760 is one of the biggest combine harvesters. So it was something to work. Below is a picture of the original for comparison.

397872-claas-desktop-wallpapers.jpg

The model that was built to be a carbon copy of the real devices. The model is a 1:17 scale.

Drive and turning

Combine is driven by a motor with a gear ratio of 1: 7. The engine is doing well to feed the model with a weight of 5.8 kg. The rear axle turns the engine medium with 1:12 ratio. Above the wheels are rollers which help the wheels were in a vertical

Mechanisms

The header is lifted by the XL motor and two large linear actuators. Heder is powered by two M size engines and shaft. Pulleys located under the side covers, and wind at the top are powered by the XL and M engines. Forage the rear of the vehicle is supported by the two M engines. One lifts on the mechanism and the second feeds function. Forage works only in the lower position. The elevator rises by two M engines and two smal linear actuators. Auger put forward by one M motor.

lexion_760_details.jpg

Photos (Flickr): https://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_trax/

Photos (brickshelf):

transport-1.jpg_thumb.jpg transport-2.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760-1.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760-3.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760-4.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760-5.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760-6.jpg_thumb.jpg lexion_760_details.jpg_thumb.jpg cerio_770-1.jpg_thumb.jpg cerio_770-2.jpg_thumb.jpg cerio_770-3.jpg_thumb.jpg cerio_770-4.jpg_thumb.jpg heder_trailer.jpg_thumb.jpg heder_trailer-2.jpg_thumb.jpg heder_trailer-3.jpg_thumb.jpg heder_trailer-4.jpg_thumb.jpg 20161025_211406.jpg_thumb.jpg

Video:

Edited by eric trax

7 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Oh wow, what a beauty! How long did it take you to design and build this (was it only 11 months)?

First WIP picture I was taken 11 months ago :)

Edited by eric trax

Absolutely magnificent! My favorite building style with great colors!

I thought I saw this before, but that was your Jaguar. This is, imo, even better! Very well done!

I'm reloading and reloading the Hall of Fame thread,  and still I can't find your MOC :laugh:

It's  A-MA-ZING :wub: 

I had to look many times to each picture to see that it was Lego. Then I thought, wow impressive, but Model Team style. Then I saw the video ... my jaw has dropped. All functioning, RC and all so well hidden??? Absolutely amazing! One of the best creations I have seen here! My compliments!

Now imagine this masterpiece with Xerion tires... Superb model is all I can say, I think CLAAS should pay you to buy rights to display your model in their factory:devil:

18 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Now imagine this masterpiece with Xerion tires... Superb model is all I can say, I think CLAAS should pay you to buy rights to display your model in their factory:devil:

To small my friend - the front axle uses power puller tires :classic:

An undisputed masterpiece, although I must admit I like the Jaguar better, as a machine itself that is. Both creations are out of this world!

This goes above and beyond!  It looks amazing and everything functions so smoothly while being tucked away to the point you don't even realize it's motorized, well done! 

Edited by DugaldIC

45 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

To small my friend - the front axle uses power puller tires :classic:

An undisputed masterpiece, although I must admit I like the Jaguar better, as a machine itself that is. Both creations are out of this world!

Well my dear neighbour, both Powerpuller and Xerion tires have 107mm overall diameter (of course if you dont strech Powerpullers to 123-124mm like me on my J.Deere 7230R...) and Xerion tire is closer to real thing when we talk about width. I understand that there is no 81,6mm tractor tire (yet) to make proper model. For this purpose I use word imagine, but I understand comment was with good intentions

:wink:

Truly amazing. I had to look several times to check it was the model I was looking at and not the real thing.

WOW! Anything I would say would be an understatement.

Brilliant, beautiful, best!

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Well my dear neighbour, both Powerpuller and Xerion tires have 107mm overall diameter (of course if you dont strech Powerpullers to 123-124mm like me on my J.Deere 7230R...) and Xerion tire is closer to real thing when we talk about width. I understand that there is no 81,6mm tractor tire (yet) to make proper model. For this purpose I use word imagine, but I understand comment was with good intentions

:wink:

Nothing but good intentions ;-) I think the diameter  would be ok, but width would be to small - this is just an opinion, I haven't checked the actual dimensions of tires, but I believe Mr. Trax found PP tires most suitable.

Some real harvesters have 1050 tire width at the front, so it is also a possibility to have such wide tires or to use double tires at the front

:thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

Unbelievable creation.  So detailed and perfect.  I would love to be able to build one of your models some day.

Thank you for all the feedback! I am glad that the combine is positively evaluated.

As for the Xerion tires. Tomorrow I'll try to take a picture of all those who have doubts. When I started this project, I designed it for tires PP and at the end of the work I did not want to change my concept :)

No agricultural tire size 81.6 reassured me that I made a good decision.