1 hour ago, J_C said:

there is no flag on the ship, it can't be the flagship

Too bad. I hope 42067 will be a flagship. I always wondered how flagships work.

55 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Too bad. I hope 42067 will be a flagship. I always wondered how flagships work.

It seems that 42067 (flag)ship floats only in imagination...:wink:

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I have enough parts, but I need a good reason to buy this set :tongue:.

It is reasonable to have a good reason (to buy this set) :grin:

On 6/27/2017 at 11:55 AM, agrof said:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/nyregion/theyre-soft-and-cuddly-so-why-lash-them-to-the-front-of-a-truck.html

Also, it could be a display of unity inspired by this song about the fate of truckers. It looks like, there is no exact and simple answer for that.

Wow....interesting.  I did not know this was a thing.  One could really go to town trying to decipher why stereotypically very strong, male, etc. individuals would place teddy bears or other stuffed animals on their huge, gas-guzzling machines!   Jungian archetypes....... here I come!  :laugh::laugh:

22 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Thank you very much @nerdsforprez! I wouldn't want to dispute your point on bending in the image itself either. I guess my main point is that the conclusion that there is nothing weak about the chassis was drawn a little too easily by some repliers. The presence of L-arms and frames in the rear section of the chassis proves to be an invalid argument.

Btw, here's a straightened image with a straight line without jumps and another one - also straightened - taken from the video. But more importantly - and I know I'm entering your professional domain here - you must approve with the assumption that the human eye and the brain attached to it, is better at drawing conclusions on whether lines are parallel when the lines are drawn on an object that moves around in motion pictures than when it concerns a stand-alone image. From this assumption, I think time span [0:24-0:26] of the 42070 video tells the whole story.

Yes - you are entering into my domain - thank you for making me feel more comfortable... :grin:  But seriously, you are right.  Motion pictures give so many more data points for the brain to try and decipher relative position of two opposing objects.  Also, regardless of the visual, I like the very objective point you made in that the mid-section of the chassis seems to lack L-arms or frames, whereas other parts of the chassis has them present.  You don't need to be a rocket scientist or have X-ray vision to know what that will mean in terms of overall chassis strength and potential for bending  :sweet:

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Yes - you are entering into my domain - thank you for making me feel more comfortable... :grin:  But seriously, you are right.  Motion pictures give so many more data points for the brain to try and decipher relative position of two opposing objects.  Also, regardless of the visual, I like the very objective point you made in that the mid-section of the chassis seems to lack L-arms or frames, whereas other parts of the chassis has them present.  You don't need to be a rocket scientist or have X-ray vision to know what that will mean in terms of overall chassis strength and potential for bending  :sweet:

Thanks! I feel heard now :wink:.

As for the flagship discussion. Since the ship is not the flagship set, I thought I make my own flagship :wink:.

800x450.jpg

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

As for the flagship discussion. Since the ship is not the flagship set, I thought I make my own flagship :wink:.

Now that would be a nice Technic mini set... 42071 anyone?:grin:

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Thanks! I feel heard now :wink:.

really nice.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Very nice small sailing ship. It has even a flag at the top of sail :thumbup:.

You shuld really start looking after yout eyes with this microdesign

Is there a confirmed date for these technic sets? They normally come out around the beginning of August so I presume it's the same this year. 

Guys, we had a little fun with flag ship, but let's not sail it off course too much.

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Guys, we had a little fun with flag ship, but let's not sail it off course too much.

I see what you did there! :pir-grin:

53 minutes ago, Globemaster8 said:

@Didumos69, that boat would be perfect for the 1h wave of 2018 haha! 

Did you see my previous post?

You can talk about the boat in its topic which Didumos made.

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it before.
The 2H sets are online in the lego shop, language set to united states: here

I've been off the forums for a while now, so just wondering whether there is a full functions video for 42069 like how 42070 got?

Also wonder how close 42069 puts us to making our own purple GT3 RS

FYI: Lego Shop @ Home finally shows the remaining 1H sets as coming soon (Aug 1) and as a neat surprise lists the 2H sets for same release.  Prices are shown and some are crazy high.

For those outside the USA or N.A. you may not realize we're still waiting for the major 1H sets, so the release date is welcome news.