Hello!

Here is my entry to Rebrick Technic contest.

What happens if you combine these two great Porsche products:

28261266630_23a4ae8597.jpg

Porsche ZERO

28466401601_b3d63c80c3_c.jpg

My model is probably the slowest of all entries as you have to use pedals to make it move! And is probably the only case, when the friend you are giving a lift could make you go faster - there are pedals for him as well :laugh: With 2-gear gearbox (high/low) you have chance going up some hills too. And to make fast cornering possible front suspension geometry features positive caster and Ackermann steering. Handbrake will make sure your precious model is not going to ride without you.

Model features:

1. Two pairs of pedals for propulsion

2. 2-Speed gearbox (high/low gears)

3. Handbrake/driving mode

4. Steering wheel/HOG

5. Front suspension with positive caster and Ackermann geometry

6. Opening doors, hood and engine cover

7. Porsche body frame (to keep weight to minimum)

Model turned out to be quite large due to used tyres, but it is still under contest size limits.

27927274014_ef5ccfcb93.jpg

27927286854_f295ceb405.jpg

Green lever switches between two gears. Yellow lever engages driving model as normally handbrake is ON. This is to reduce stress on parts due to model being displayed more than actually riding. Handbrake is made by pushing angled liftarm against small tyre. Making some space between them engages driving mode.

27928762653_7fbae11ac9.jpg

28466420471_3e4bdc059e.jpg

Inspired by FERDINAND GT3 RS.

Interesting concept, the gold wheels look very cool on it.

I have added URL for video.

Very original! You should profile it as human powered vehicle. People can reach speeds over 85mph (116kmh) with them: http://www.whpva.org/competition.html
Probably not with this model :) Those in a link you provided are just slightly larger than the human. And look at my model - it will go fast!
inspired by 8448....its interesting the wheels and tyres you used on this models, original,
True, I have been remembering 8448 while building. Interestingly this model does not contain a single panel which are so popular these days.

These are the only wheels I could have used to look Porsche reminding of a bicycle. It surprised me that overall model shape and proportions looked quite good with the size of the wheels. Initially I thought body wouldn't fit under the size limit.

Another thing that amazed me - there were quite a lot entries using same wheels, which aren't popular among 4-wheeled Technic MOCs.

Brilliant, pure brilliant! I think, (read jgw thinks) that this is a worthy candidate! It does not only feature a realistic Porsche body, but the propulsion is just so original! This is sure also my dream Porsche!

cool idea, looks cool! I feel this would be categorized with the whole "You could even build a porsche tractor if you wanted" group... funny though, I didn't know porsche made bikes, guess you learn something new every day...

I have to say this is very funny and interesting concept - car with pedals. Thumbs up!

Interesting idea - finally a zero-emmisions car (unless you count the CO2 you breath out) that doesn't even use electricity! Looks good with the minimal bodywork, but what's the point of an engine cover in a car with no engine?

Looks good with the minimal bodywork, but what's the point of an engine cover in a car with no engine?
Well, it could be named luggage compartment #2 (bonnet being the first one), but I stick to more common names. And Porsche is well known for keeping his horses at the back, so that's why "engine cover".

Another thing this is a part of body that helps building distinguishable body.

I have added URL for video.

Probably not with this model :) Those in a link you provided are just slightly larger than the human. And look at my model - it will go fast!

True, I have been remembering 8448 while building. Interestingly this model does not contain a single panel which are so popular these days.

These are the only wheels I could have used to look Porsche reminding of a bicycle. It surprised me that overall model shape and proportions looked quite good with the size of the wheels. Initially I thought body wouldn't fit under the size limit.

Another thing that amazed me - there were quite a lot entries using same wheels, which aren't popular among 4-wheeled Technic MOCs.

what length flex hoses did you use?...how many?...did you use any Red #3 connector?...could you add a fake engine under the bonnet?....that area looks really naked.

did you use any red axles?

Edited by Richard Dower

what length flex hoses did you use?...how many?...did you use any Red #3 connector?...could you add a fake engine under the bonnet?....that area looks really naked.

did you use any red axles?

I've used pretty much all Red flex axles I had available:

6 x 19L

2 x 16L

1 x 14L

15 x 12L

1 x 11L

2 x Red #3 connectors

I have already submitted my entry, so no changes are planned to happen. However engine, be it fake or not, in pedal/human powered vehicle seem to be illogical :blush:

This has been done in real life, and it's called a Ferdinand :wink:

And it has even been tested by TopGear : https://vimeo.com/37808554

-- edit --

Fix broken vimeo link

Yeap, URL to official Ferdinand GT3 RS project's Flick gallery is in first post already :wink: I've used it as inspiration.