ncx

Fairground Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Has anyone motorized the Creator 3-in-1 31095 Carousel with the 8883 motor and 88000 battery box? I just ordered these 2 pieces for my Creator Expert Carousel and would like to try it on the 31095 as well. Do I need the 8884 IR receiver and 8879 remote to control the speed?

Thanks in advance.

Either that or use rechargeable PF battery box, which has "dial" on top, where you can select speed. Cheapest way would be to use few gears and reduce speed with that.

You can also use new powered up train hub and program your speed in PU app. You can also set up interval operation, gradual start and stop etc, so it may be most realistic option.

The plug on the train hub appears different? The app would be a great way to control.

The rechargeable battery box is (was) great. Easy to control the speed. I used one for the Ferris wheel to reduce the speed since the regular battery boxes go too fast for the fairground sets. Unfortunately found out Lego has discontinued the rechargeable box. On Bricklink it’s already doubled in price. I wanted one for the roller coaster so the ride up is nice and slow. Instead I bought a 50cm Power functions connector so that all the rides can use the one rechargeable box. Works great. Too bad Lego has discontinued the PF rechargeable box. 

So the UCS A-Wing was just revealed today, which, as expected, was going to take the spot for the May D2C.

Next D2C should be coming out in June, with a reveal a week or two before the release date, I assume, as usual.

The Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Roller Coaster were all released in June, so if ever we are getting a Fairground set this year, my bet is on it coming out in a month and a half. It's worrying that there haven't been any substantial rumors so far, but I think TLG has been pretty quiet this year. 

EDIT: Just found out the Technic Porsche and Chiron both came out June 1st too, so with the Ferrari coming soon, perhaps there won't be a Fairground set this year... Let's hope some other unlicensed D2Cs come out soon besides the Winter Village set.

Edited by Terrasher

Not sure if this is the correct place to post or whether it's been posted before, but I'm looking to light up my roller coaster... Just on the initial incline. I'd like a set of chaser lights running ideally.

I know there's the likes of LifeLites etc, but I can't find anyone that does chaser lights.

Any recommendations?

Apologies again if this isn't the place to discuss this.

TIA.

22 hours ago, Terrasher said:

So the UCS A-Wing was just revealed today, which, as expected, was going to take the spot for the May D2C.

Next D2C should be coming out in June, with a reveal a week or two before the release date, I assume, as usual.

The Ferris Wheel, Carousel and Roller Coaster were all released in June, so if ever we are getting a Fairground set this year, my bet is on it coming out in a month and a half. It's worrying that there haven't been any substantial rumors so far, but I think TLG has been pretty quiet this year. 

EDIT: Just found out the Technic Porsche and Chiron both came out June 1st too, so with the Ferrari coming soon, perhaps there won't be a Fairground set this year... Let's hope some other unlicensed D2Cs come out soon besides the Winter Village set.

It's going to hurt if we don't get a new one this year!  It's literally the set I was looking forward to most.

It seems that TLG increases the number of exclusive and D2C sets from year to year. Plus they would be very unwise to not release a Fairground set since there is a huge community behind these. So I bet - and mainly hope - that there'll be one this year. There are still 10273-10277 rumored to be release this year - and 10273 (for 230€) and 10274 (for 200€) to be in the next time. And I'd say that the price point of both sounds like one of them could be the new Fairground set.

But according to TLGs extremely late announcements this year (please read my comment in the 2020 City sets topic, too), I wouldn't count on any info about this year's Fairground set popping up before late May.

Does anybody perhaps have info about the retirement of the Roller Coaster (10261)?

It's already listed on retiringsets.com as "high risk", but I lack more information about whether to wait for a better deal in the upcoming months...

2 hours ago, Doge said:

Does anybody perhaps have info about the retirement of the Roller Coaster (10261)?

It's already listed on retiringsets.com as "high risk", but I lack more information about whether to wait for a better deal in the upcoming months...

I've got the exact same million dollar question.  I generally always wait and can usually in the UK get big sets at 33% off, either via Argos, Amazon, John Lewis or Smyths Toys, however this roller coaster is proving to be more of a challenge.  I'm always surprised to see it on Amazon at up to £60 more than the list price from Lego?  I cannot think who would be buying it at higher than list price?  But of late I've noticed some very dynamic pricing going on with Amazon and my IP address.  They are pushing the prices up the following day if you search for it a second time.  

Anyway, best I've seen in the past is £250 (Smyths Toys) 16% discount, for a £299 set.  I'm just holding out and cannot decide whether to bite the bullet and buy next time it drops to £250 in Smyths, or wait and hold out that Amazon might get enough in stock that they then discount by 33%

I want/need the set but as always, the more you save, the more you have to spend on another set.

6 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

I've got the exact same million dollar question.  I generally always wait and can usually in the UK get big sets at 33% off, either via Argos, Amazon, John Lewis or Smyths Toys, however this roller coaster is proving to be more of a challenge.  I'm always surprised to see it on Amazon at up to £60 more than the list price from Lego?  I cannot think who would be buying it at higher than list price?  But of late I've noticed some very dynamic pricing going on with Amazon and my IP address.  They are pushing the prices up the following day if you search for it a second time.  

I've never seen Amazon itself list a Lego set for anything above the Lego retail price. If you're seeing a set listed for more than the Lego price, it's 99% likely to be a third-party affiliate seller. The prices on the sets from affiliates can seem to fluctuate a lot because there are often a bunch of affiliates selling the sets, all at a different price. They also don't usually have much stock, so if the one with the lowest prices sells their 1 or 2 sets, you'll see a price jump.

Honestly in general I'm finding Amazon more and more messy for purchasing Lego at the moment.  There entire search engine is being messed up by sellers description.  I type Lego Technic into the amazon serach, and the first 4 that come up are not even Lego sets.  Some chinese clone rubbish which is "compatable"

I've just checked again, and you are right, every st 10261 on Amazon at the moment is being sold by 3rd party sellers, not Amazon.  just so confusing.  It would be nice if they gave you the option to only show Amazon direct stock.

4 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

Honestly in general I'm finding Amazon more and more messy for purchasing Lego at the moment.  There entire search engine is being messed up by sellers description.  I type Lego Technic into the amazon serach, and the first 4 that come up are not even Lego sets.  Some chinese clone rubbish which is "compatable"

I've just checked again, and you are right, every st 10261 on Amazon at the moment is being sold by 3rd party sellers, not Amazon.  just so confusing.  It would be nice if they gave you the option to only show Amazon direct stock.

It’s for this reason, and the hiked up prices that I’ve stopped using Amazon for Lego purchases. The third party sellers totally muddy the waters.  Their search system also now makes odd suggestions.  Even Googles shopping search is better now.

I don't know if it's real, but a set under the 10273 number has leaked as a haunted house on legoleaks intagram

It has to be real. The ghost minifigure leaked a while ago.

I hate to complain again about the art box... but I think it's a little too plain for a Haunted House. It could have been much better...

I think it looks pretty great so far! I have to agree with @Robert8 on the box art (the Bookshop and Fiat have such gorgeous backgrounds!) but I suppose that's the approach we can expect for the more "premium" branded sets now - similar to the White House and A-Wing, which incidentally also carry an 18+ age recommendation.

9 minutes ago, caption brickman said:

On the haunted house could it be possible that the middle of it is a drop tower like the tower of terror?

It seems like it is - the picture of the back of the box isn't terribly clear, but there are up/down arrows and a Powered Up logo on the inset picture.

Is the 18+ thing relatively new, or have I just missed it? I can only ever remember seeing 16+ until fairly recently

If the leak is true (which it looks like!), the house looks awesome, although I agree about the box art. I get the premium "feel" but it's a bit of a departure for a fairground set. 

There does look to be some sort of mechanism in the tower... could add a few more storeys for sure ;)

Hmm, if that’s the genuine box art, I’m a little cold.  The logo doesn’t sit right with me either.  As for the build, I’m not sure.  It’s certainly a step away from the other fairground rides.  It almost seems like it would sit better with the ghostbusters headquarters given the way it unfolds and the ‘premium packaging‘ design.  It almost could be an ideas set with that box?

I think this might be a wait and see it in the flesh one for me, rather than the day 1 purchase the other creator expert models have been.  

OHHHH the inside is packed! Lots of Adventurers references!

This is must buy for me!

I find amusing that the "Karen" hairpiece is now kind of a tradition for Fairground sets

Not gonna sugar coat it: the box art sucks for a Fairground set. However, what really matters is the set itself (even if the box art is a way of hyping and advertising the set) - and I'm not sure how to feel about this one. I really didn't expect a haunted house to come out, so this leak is very surprising. On one hand, I would have preferred a colourful ride. On the other hand, woohoo! The Fairground theme wasn't fogotten! On a third hand, at least it'll bring some variety to the theme, and a haunted house is admittedly an important element of a fairground.

Still processing this one. I look forward to more pictures from different angles.

(Man I hope TLG doesn't stick with that box art. For Architecture and strictly display-only sets - sure. For everything else? Please no.)

Certainly a huge set (even larger when opened up) that's not just a pure fairground ride but could be used for other purposes.

Even the parts, containing lots of bricks and plates, I can see some nice Alternate Build potential here as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Erm guys in the cloud of hating on the box art aren’t you missing that it says 

“fairground collection” 

this potentially means the theme/sub theme will be carrying on ?? Their not ganna do a new logo/collection name for a one off 

also maybe they changed it because now we wont know whats coming next  

personally i like it both set wise and art wise only strange thing is the lack of Creater expert logo 

Edited by Benny benny BENNY
Spelling fail

Is there anything actually pointing to this being a drop tower?
Personally, I doubt it. A motorized elevator seems much more likely imho.
Also: I really don't see this as a fairground ride, so the labeling strikes me as very odd. You don't find elaborate buildings like that even on the biggest fairs (and rarely in amusement parks). And there doesn't seem much of a "ride" here either. It seems to be just a classic walk-through haunted house.
Considering the piece count I do expect lots of details and effect though!

Edited by DragonKhan