Bricksonwheels

[MOC] Union Pacific EMD SD70 Ace Locomotive in Lego (1:16)

**** **** this is the most awesome LEGO vehicle that I've ever seen! All those little details. I LOVE IT!!!!

As I told you last Sunday, this model is absolutely awesome!!! Broke my back lifting it...haha...

I would not even try to lift a model that weighs more than a third of my weight :laugh: Those poor axles and wheels though, each axle has to carry at least 4 kilograms.

Edited by Zblj

I cannot find words to express my admiration for your loco.

A truly, truly great model!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

As others wrote before, I would also like to see you building a steam engine at the same scale!

My compliments! Would love to see it in reality. I am very curious to see your next project ...

It's looks amazing :classic:

I've seen your other loc, on Legoworld last year, and this one looks inpresive too.

All those details are great, especially those 'bogies', and cabeling on the front/back.

Edited by neonic

Hands down perfection! Wow!

Are the handrails done using bent rigid hoses? Did you heat them to that shape?

All the details look so very very neat!

That is a great model. It must have been great fun building it. Amazing end result.

While it's nice to see your reference photos on which you will base your model, how long before you think you can build it IRL?

Wait. That's the brick-built MODEL?

:oh:

Edited by rollermonkey

Many thanks to all!

To answer some questions: Rigid hoses can be heated, or filled with steel wire to bend easier.

A steam engine actually crossed my mind. I even thought of a Big Boy or Challenger, my favorite steamlocomotives. I prefer diesel though. The biggest drawback to me however, is that there is a lot of black in those steam engines. Over the years I started to dislike too much black in my models. Especially tiles look worn or scratched very very easily. On events the ambient light always make them look "old" even if all is brand new. Another drawback is that it hides a lot of detail. My first locomotive had also a lot of detail in the trucks (bogies), but it was difficult to see due to the color.