MKJoshA

[SR-FB4] Cantu's Fort in Rassilon

Previously:

Recruiting at Marco's

This Is Not the Wealthy Housing of Rassilon

Falling Out with Foxx

OoC: This is my 4th freebuild, if you are not a Sea Rat please mark whether you vote for this build or not!

Cantu’s Fort was situated on the east side of the bay. It was presided over by Jorge Cantu, a notorious pirate who had left Eslandola early on in its race for exploration to pursue the more lucrative occupation of piracy. After capturing rich prize after rich prize, Cantu decided it would be wise to find a place to guard his wealth and what health remained him.

24302181155_86eb1e80c8_c.jpg

He had worked with Captain Fang on many raids so it was a natural choice to him for to have Cantu take over the running of the fort.

23675339523_748c2836f6_c.jpg

Many wares were brought through the fort (for a fee of course) for protection while in transition between buyers.

23673925024_109b4d102f_c.jpg

After returning from Olean, Sinbad accompanied Li Fang to the fort to see if they could find a new prize to go after. Since the funds they received from Lord Foxx were barely enough to cover the costs of their journey, let along pay the crew anything, Captain Cho had agreed that they needed to go after a lucrative prize quickly or risk mutiny from the crew. Li negotiated with Jorge Cantu and left with some valuable information.

23934298889_9a320fd92c_c.jpg

Poor parrot is going to be jumpy when those cannons roar...

Love the details like the tower trapdoor and the gunpowder stocking, nice build!

Oh, and ofc: thumbup.gif

I like this fort. And so I approve it of course.

I was thinking of making some crab trap like those crates of yours... Funny thing !

I am just hoping that the crated apples were not stolen but regularly bought to El señor Felipe de la Manzana.

Nice build,

First fortress on the nest. (In play)

The chicken crate is very clever and well build!

Poor parrot is going to be jumpy when those cannons roar...

Love the details like the tower trapdoor and the gunpowder stocking, nice build!

Did I forget to mention that the parrot is deaf pirate_laugh_new.gif And I'm glad you got that the kegs were gunpowder!

I am just hoping that the crated apples were not stolen but regularly bought to El señor Felipe de la Manzana.

Oh no, most definitely stolen goods!

Neat! And you've got a Nice front, but the backside is the best part.

I approve ('cause of that chicken-box)

I really like the looks of it. Considering it's a pirate fort I would suggest adding some dirt, irregularities, fractures in the wall/floor, broken wood of the stairs etc. to make it look a bit less shiny/clean.

Aside from that great work and lots of nice details and capturing of action.

Very cool, digging the sand green! Crates are great too like Gedren said! The seagulls are a nice touch! thumbup.gif

Well done. The rockwork at the waterline is great, and I really like the patches of green - it does well the job of breaking up the grey wall syndrome! pirate_blush.gif Everywhere I look, there are a number of great details, like the stacked powder kegs. the various goods and the trap door.

My only gribe with this build is, that for the age of cannon, it looks a bit flimsy. With cannons being able to fling pieces of metal in an horisontal trajectory at great speed, fortresses should be constructed to counter this. This looks more like a traditional castle than a gunpowder-age fortress. For the early age of sail, this makes perfect sense, but it would take only a few well-placed broadsides from a mid-sized warship to bring this fortress down. So for future fortresses, I suggest a sturdier build. pirate_classic.gif

As with the other builds, the story is really good, and leaves me wanting more. pir_laugh2.gif

And lastly, I approve - very nice build! thumbup.gif

I really like the looks of it. Considering it's a pirate fort I would suggest adding some dirt, irregularities, fractures in the wall/floor, broken wood of the stairs etc. to make it look a bit less shiny/clean.

Aside from that great work and lots of nice details and capturing of action.

I would argue that just because it's a pirate fort doesn't mean it has to be dirty or grungy. Not all pirates are slobs, this group happens to disagree with the way governments handle trade so they have annexed themselves from the whole process and fly the banner of free trade. This just also happens to be "the black" as the pirate flag is sometimes known as. My pirates are a ruthless bunch, but ruthless doesn't equal messy.

That said I do need to work on improving my "clutter" in my MOCs!

Well done. The rockwork at the waterline is great, and I really like the patches of green - it does well the job of breaking up the grey wall syndrome! pirate_blush.gif Everywhere I look, there are a number of great details, like the stacked powder kegs. the various goods and the trap door.

My only gribe with this build is, that for the age of cannon, it looks a bit flimsy. With cannons being able to fling pieces of metal in an horisontal trajectory at great speed, fortresses should be constructed to counter this. This looks more like a traditional castle than a gunpowder-age fortress. For the early age of sail, this makes perfect sense, but it would take only a few well-placed broadsides from a mid-sized warship to bring this fortress down. So for future fortresses, I suggest a sturdier build. pirate_classic.gif

As with the other builds, the story is really good, and leaves me wanting more. pir_laugh2.gif

And lastly, I approve - very nice build! thumbup.gif

I guess that's what I get for coming from a GoH building background pirate_laugh2.gif Your point is a valid one and one I will try to take into account along with my limited piece inventory. I have a larger collection than I used to a year ago, but it's still not heavy enough in bley bricks to be able to build large and think walls.

Very good fort. The rocks on the shore are beautiful and the walls and tower look great. The interior is pretty good too although a few more goods would help to "clutter it up" without necessarily being dirty or messy. I like the fact that the gunpowder is stored by itself; however the cannons would look better on wheels and there's no room behind them for recoil and loading! Perhaps you intend that upper level to be a cutaway for photographic purposes. I also think stone fort walls from the era of gunpowder should be much thicker but I understand parts limitations. Overall this is a fine build and so...

I approve.

Again an amazing solid and well thought MOC!!! Everything is so detailed!

Approved :)

Very nice build and excellent presentation! I especially like the lower part of it with the water and rocky shore.

The wall looks however to be too thin in the age of cannons...? (Or maybe the pirate has had it built higher than strong to look more intimidating? :wink:)

Edit: Forgot to say Approved!

Edited by Gideon

Thank you to all who have voted for this build! There are still a few days left for people to vote whether you like this build or not! If you do, I'd really appreciate your approval or thumbup.gif