SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Tired of all the war and piracy? Or just need an excuse to party? Check out the Octoberfest mini-challenge!

Finally a use for all those red sausages. I think lego made all their sausages red, because danes are obsessed with red sausages. And TLG being danish, they must have been very aware of this. What country would be closest to Denmark in BoBs? The place where minifigilization (civilization) arose? Any BoBs historians that have any idea? I want to use sausages, imported from wherever that may be, in my entry.

I am sorry for being the one asking again, but is there any news about the MRCA results and until when the current one is delayed?

45 minutes ago, Legostone said:

I am sorry for being the one asking again, but is there any news about the MRCA results and until when the current one is delayed?

We (leadership) have been making good progress I believe on the previous MRCA and should be able to release that next week at the latest.  I'm not quite sure how it will play out yet, but hopefully we can not only set a new deadline for the next one, but develop either a simpler system or something else to tide us over to an automated version.  Hopefully that way we'll be able to see monthly MRCAs back again.

On 9/29/2016 at 8:24 AM, Kai NRG said:

@SkaForHire - I've done a prospecting build.

Silver

On 9/29/2016 at 9:34 AM, SilentWolf said:

@SkaForHire I also did a prospecting build one month ago. 

Quicksilver / mercury

On 9/29/2016 at 10:11 AM, Kwatchi said:

@SkaForHire  Well, to keep the trend going, here's a prospecting build my brother did back in June. :)

What Island was this? That impacts the role.

On 9/29/2016 at 3:49 PM, Faladrin said:

Well, to be on the same move; I also have a prospecting build pending from end of May without answer. Thanks.

I am pretty positive I already rolled for this one, and posted in this thread, but just in case : Iron

17 minutes ago, SkaForHire said:

What Island was this? That impacts the role.

The island was 'Infero Pordejon'; same one as Charlatan Bay was established on.  I can't recall the number, but it had this description:

Geographical Features: 50 to 200ft High cliffs on all sides of this small island, an active volcano that gives off smoke more than a couple times a year. Highly volatile, its eruption this year was felt as far away as Nelissa.

Rumors: The high volcanic activity has led some to believe that there is gold to be mined in the cliff regions of this island. A large native tribe lives on this island, and they are rumored to be hostile.

Just now, Kwatchi said:

The island was 'Infero Pordejon'; same one as Charlatan Bay was established on.  I can't recall the number, but it had this description:

Volcanic Glass (or he can do stone quarry as it came up on the dice.  Same value, cooler story!)

It has been proposed already, but to keep calculations more simple, why don't a ship can only sail the amount of zones that matches its speed? I still don't get it how a ship can sail 20 zones within one month :)

Just now, Maxim I said:

It has been proposed already, but to keep calculations more simple, why don't a ship can only sail the amount of zones that matches its speed? I still don't get it how a ship can sail 20 zones within one month :)

because there would not be that much variation. Most ships were very similar in speed during the Age of Sail.  So everyone would be just traveling 3 zones and that's it!  The original use of the speed was also somewhat referring to the ability of the ship to make port, sell quickly, and move on. it was a mixed ability. That is changing. I am actually writing that rule as we speak for the MRCA II

Hey Ska, do you have any news on my prospect, it was posted end of may

Don`t know what is going south since the server change though, all my links link to the thread of QV herself instead of individual builds

Edited by Tomsche

32 minutes ago, Faladrin said:

Great I found iron ! Thanks Ska ! I surely have missed the first time you answered, sorry.

In case you (or anyone else) don't want to use that to setup a mine:

Fontonajo Mining Ventures is still buying your claims.

Dear all,

The MRCA has been postponed until the 15th, to allow those who still do not know if their vessels survived the last MRCA to participate. Most likely, this will be the last MRCA to be run this way. We are sorry for the delay in giving you this message.

/Bregir

On behalf of the leadership team.

Rule-Question:

Do troops have to be MOCed before being licensed?

Are there any number/size restrictions?

41 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Do troops have to be MOCed before being licensed?

Nope, you simply raise them (=buy them) via the troop raising form, and place them via that other form. Giving some background for your troops is encouraged, though. Nothing like a good old figbarf :wink:

42 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

Are there any number/size restrictions?

Hmm... your wallet :grin: Well, stick to this chart:

23487542679_379891b262_z.jpg

Remember to keep track of them, though, placement wise.

1 hour ago, Elostirion said:

Are there any number/size restrictions

Should we worry? :O

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, Bregir said:

Dear all,

The MRCA has been postponed until the 15th, to allow those who still do not know if their vessels survived the last MRCA to participate. Most likely, this will be the last MRCA to be run this way. We are sorry for the delay in giving you this message.

/Bregir

On behalf of the leadership team.

Any chance that we can use updated settlement trade values for the MRCA on the 15th?

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:14 PM, Legostone said:

Btw, is there already an October Summary? I would like to doublecheck my balance ;)

That's a good question for @SkaForHire

To the citizens of the Brick Seas.

If the maroons of Eslandola do not remove themselves from La Isla de Medio by  October 14th, 616, the King of Mardier will issue a letter of marque to all willing participants. The letter states that the captain may attack Eslandola’s vessels of all nature in the name of Mardier.   This will be considered a  lawful prize to all courts in all nations, as Mardier and Eslandola shall then be at war.  Along with this letter of marque, the king offers a generous reward for every Eslandolan vessel taken or sunk  in the conflict. Captains may keep the vessel, with a clear title for 15% of the value of the treasure on board. Any  Eslandolan Warship taken or destroyed will also merit the victor 100 gold doubloons.  We encourage Eslandola to rethink their discretions and avoid this fruitless war.

Sincerely

Count Adwin Encarnacion

Minister of the Colonies of Mardier