SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

Hi all,

A few questions on property building, in which category will the next buildings fall?

1) docks => commerce

2) fishery => plantation

3) shipyard => artisan

4) ammo factory (artisan or factory)

[font=trebuchet ms", helvetica, sans-serif"Thanks, regards,/span

span style="font-family: trebuchet ms", helvetica, sans-serif]Captain Bran[/font]

my thoughts :)

I generally agree with Maxim. My only comment is that a full size shipyard would probably be a factory, depending on it setup, (industrial production or more handicraft) and that the ammo factory could be both, for the same reasons.

But the Artisan/factory definition is a bit blurry. If it is a few skilled craftsmen, I would say artisan, while if it is more machinery and unskilled labour, factory.

Hope that helps.

First off, welcome to The Brick Seas!

Primarily, you should build whatever you want to tell your story. If you are wanting to participate in the EGS (game portion) it would be recommended to build the 2 free license items, your first level 2 or below ship and your first small property. For the game from now on whenever you post a build you need to submit it via the freebuild form and post it in the present months freebuild post which is pinned at the top. The pinned master index is your best friend to help find what you need and asking questions here or of your faction will also help clarify.

As it's July 6, I guess I'll ask the question. Should I be submitting my MCRA form at this point?

Well the form is open so if you know all your information / have a convoy you could do it now. I'm doing mine later today.

Can we really submit the MRCA without an official update from the last run? What if we send a ship out that actually sunk?

We have had the official update, MKJosha :) Kwatchi did the write up :)

We have had the official update, MKJosha :) Kwatchi did the write up :)

Thank you Bregir. If anyone else missed it, it's here. I also added it to the master index.

A question for leadership regarding monthly property licence limits. The rules state:

"A builder can buy and establish one piece of property per month in two locations, or three properties per month in one location. This limitation can change with rank and skills earned as the project progresses."

Does this mean overall properties built by you or just properties licensed in your name? For example, say I licence my three properties for the month in one settlement in my name. Can I licence an additional fourth property in the name of a Royal Society or Trade Company? Or is this considered 'gaming the system'?

The rule applies to builds licenced in your name - so licencing a fourth build in the name of the Royal Society would be fine :thumbup: Licencing one for a Trade Company would work as well, provided that you are not the only member of that company default_laugh2.gif - in short, if you're not licencing it just for yourself, you should be fine pirate_wink.gif

Since we are still lagging behind, I suggest skipping this months MRCA (and free build?). Just move the deadline to end of august for the current period.

OK, I'll ask: When is Ska Day? pirate_laugh2.gif

Since we are still lagging behind, I suggest skipping this months MRCA (and free build?). Just move the deadline to end of august for the current period.

No, we had the delayed MRCA from June on July 10th, but no word on those results so far?

To normalise things, and allow holiday-impaired participants to catch up, I suggest setting the next MRCA deadline at the end of August.

All deadlines for freebuilds, property incomes, etc. are maintained.

Thoughts?

I think that's a good idea. BoBS has really fallen asleep over the past four to six weeks, not so much going on here anymore. Too many people wanted too much too quickly. So slowing down a bit feels like the right way.

Delaying the next MRCA makes sense to me. But instead of the end of August, what if it was August 15 or 20? I've always thought it a bit odd that the powers that be have to go back and add the MRCA income to the previous months' account for everyone. Seems like it should just be added whenever the ships come in, so to speak, and that an end-of-month deadline worked poorly. But some sort of delay now definitely makes sense.

Some sort of delay for the next MRCA is being discussed by the leadership, so hopefully we'll get back to you all with the final decision pretty soon pirate_wink.gif

I have some questions I was hoping someone could help with regarding a settlement's trade value. Mainly, how is it calculated?

I get the part about how builds add value as shown in this table:

26027247076_f9ea792de7_m.jpg

Is there anything more? I vaguely remember something about a multiplier but can't find anything???

For example the settlement of Mooreton Bay currently has:

4 MOCs unlicensed and not comparable = 8 points

4 Small licensed properties = 20 points

3 Medium licensed properties = 30 points

So is the total of 58 points the total trade value?

Also it was mentioned a while ago these values are now automatically calculated (except for the unlicensed). Is there somewhere we can see these values to check?

Thanks!

I have some questions I was hoping someone could help with regarding a settlement's trade value. Mainly, how is it calculated?

I get the part about how builds add value as shown in this table:

26027247076_f9ea792de7_m.jpg

Is there anything more? I vaguely remember something about a multiplier but can't find anything???

For example the settlement of Mooreton Bay currently has:

4 MOCs unlicensed and not comparable = 8 points

4 Small licensed properties = 20 points

3 Medium licensed properties = 30 points

So is the total of 58 points the total trade value?

Also it was mentioned a while ago these values are now automatically calculated (except for the unlicensed). Is there somewhere we can see these values to check?

Thanks!

You can see the values in the July Summary, on the Settlement Status page.

You can see the values in the July Summary, on the Settlement Status page.

Wow, how did I miss the additional tab - rookie mistake - thanks Legostone!

Delaying the next MRCA makes sense to me. But instead of the end of August, what if it was August 15 or 20? I've always thought it a bit odd that the powers that be have to go back and add the MRCA income to the previous months' account for everyone. Seems like it should just be added whenever the ships come in, so to speak, and that an end-of-month deadline worked poorly. But some sort of delay now definitely makes sense.

Some sort of delay for the next MRCA is being discussed by the leadership, so hopefully we'll get back to you all with the final decision pretty soon pirate_wink.gif

It has been soon!

With a significant portion of us busy with summer stuff, the next MRCA will be held at the end of August. Ska is working on the mid-July numbers now. Thank you for your patience.