Hello,

Here is my latest MOC, a hexapod:

hexa-fu-f1-1.jpg

I will not get into great explanation on how it works: my English does not allow me.

The operating principle of the walker is as follows:

- The legs are always synchronized. They are actuated by a motor L.

- Their amplitude varies depending on the curvature of the frame: in bends, the legs of the left and those on the right course is not the same distance.

Curvature is ordered by a servomotor.

The tabs are actuated by connecting rods and slide in pivot points.

To change the amplitude, simply varying the pivot point height

Photos :

hexa-fu-f2-1.jpg

hexa-fu-f2.jpg

hexa-fu-f3.jpg

Functions: guns and motorized cockpit (2 motor M):

hexa-fu-f4.jpg

hexa-fu-f6.jpg

hexa-fu-f8.jpg

Here is a little animation to see their kinematic:

hexa.gif

Finally, the video:

Thanks for reading.

:)

That is one extrordinary venomous bug!!! It really looks and functions great. I like that it "steers" and the body work makes it look intimidating. Can we some of the internals please :-) I don't usualy say this, but this one deserves HOF.

That is one extrordinary venomous bug!!! It really looks and functions great. I like that it "steers" and the body work makes it look intimidating. Can we some of the internals please :-) I don't usualy say this, but this one deserves HOF.

amazing !!! if presented on some professional technic lego show, most frequent question would be what is the set number ;) m.

Awesome bug! The way it moves is realistic, it looks top notch, and the extra functions are very cool, congrats! I also want to see the internal linkages, please :)

Very cool. I like the opening panels maybe even more than walking which is excellent itself. Very original and excellent design.

Amazing! It looks alive.

I've tried to make variable step length walking mechanisms before using the same idea I think. I would love to see the mechanism in the legs without all the panels.

Wow! So original and cool :thumbup: There is never too many of this kind masterpieces, very well done and so fresh and nice change after all those wheeled MOCs :sweet: HOF +1 from here too :wink:

What a cool creation this is!

Looks realy terrific and works like a charm too!

I really like how it functions smooth and extra 's operate at the exact proper speed.

Excellent work there mister!

Edited by bord4kop

Excellent use of panels and colour! The mechanisms all look well though out and they work very nicely! I hope all the soft rubber connectors survived the walking part.

This is one of the most original MOC's I've ever seen. Very good use of panels, and amazing build overall. Would love to see the guts of this beast.

Wow :wub: that is some mean looking beast. I love the smooth mechanical transformations of the outer shell, that's just brilliant,

I second the request for internal pictures :thumbup: