Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

So? It's nearly October. We should expect pictures, shouldn't we? I'm very patient. :-)

If you really were very patient, you wouldn't post that ;) .

Moderator message

I'm jumping in for Jim who's on vacation:

Guys, let's keep the discussion as high quality as we can, and refrain from the "I'm very patient" type posts (and replies) that doesn't add to the topic.

Thanks! :classic:

Moderator message

I'm jumping in for Jim who's on vacation:

Guys, let's keep the discussion as high quality as we can, and refrain from the "I'm very patient" type posts (and replies) that doesn't add to the topic.

Thanks! :classic:

Sure thing. There's not that much to post about right now, that's all. :classic:

I see no chance for Volvo to be pneumatic set. First/smallest number of 2H is always a small 500-600 pcs set without any complex and expensive parts like pf or pneumatics

that's quite possible, especially at the price point, but it would be nice to see 500 part pneumatic universal sets come back again. The 8040 had only 160 parts and the 8044 only 200.

Fine I'll add to the discussion, someone give me their prediction about the bucket wheel excavator. How big do you think this set can be? Could it be one of the biggest Technic sets released?

Fine I'll add to the discussion, someone give me their prediction about the bucket wheel excavator. How big do you think this set can be? Could it be one of the biggest Technic sets released?

Given the set number, it looks like a big one. Don't be fooled, though - 2008's 8296 was the second highest number of the year (not counting bonus/promotional sets), and it was one of the smallest sets.

My predictions are that it will be very big model, ultimate ip car may have biggest price point(300€ is rumoured) but im thinking that it will be RC with lower piece count than bucket wheel excavator.

Second biggest price point is 220€, I think it will be BuWeEx.

In piece count? no. In terms of mass? yes absolutely, it could be very big even bigger than the blue crawler crane and probably very similar to it with both PF and wirings.

I don't think the Volvo excavator has only 500 - 600 pieces. It is most likely to have pneumatics, since it's a licensed model. Pneumatics model from 2011 until now use motorized pumps, not manual ones, which means the Volvo excavator should have a motor and a battery box. And having these two means it is at least 1000 pieces.

I don't think the Volvo excavator has only 500 - 600 pieces. It is most likely to have pneumatics, since it's a licensed model. Pneumatics model from 2011 until now use motorized pumps, not manual ones, which means the Volvo excavator should have a motor and a battery box. And having these two means it is at least 1000 pieces.

There isn't any writen rule about pneumatic sets.

They can allways do something new.

I agree. Whilst a motorised pump is nice, there is nothing saying that the next pneumatic model will be motorised.

As usual, I am most curious as to what new pieces we will be getting next year. any educated guesses? I think most likely we'll get new wheels and tyres on the IP car. If it is to be motorised and 300 euro, whether the high cost is from a very high piece count or lots of PF, either way it is going to be heavy. I also don't see the car having any gear reduction inside the wheel from portal axles or anything else, so this gives me reason to think that if it is motorised then some new drive train parts will be coming. Any thoughts?

I agree with efferman.

I would not be surprised to see new RC elements. We may also see a new motor to replace the XL, which has been discounted for a while now. Otherwise, I'm hoping to see the 42039 fenders in new colors.

... new motor to replace the XL, which has been discounted for a while now.

Where did you find that? I don't see it being discounted in US or Germany.

We may also see a new motor to replace the XL, which has been discounted for a while now.

As a (relatively) new Technic collector who doesn't have enough XL motors yet to recreate some of the MOC's made by this community, I misread this as "discontinued" and had a small heart attack.

On the topic of new RC parts, I would love a new version of the old buggy motors. People do some really cool stuff with those motors, but I am doubtful I will ever purchase any for myself, based on current aftermarket prices.

Edited by jzlego

I guess pneumatic or not pneumatic depends on the type of model. I would say an excavator for the sake of speed would benefit from having pneumatics over LA's, which could make it more likely that the Volvo will have pneumatics.

I guess pneumatic or not pneumatic depends on the type of model. I would say an excavator for the sake of speed would benefit from having pneumatics over LA's, which could make it more likely that the Volvo will have pneumatics.

You never know, it could be done like the 8043.

2 out of 3 of the Technic licensed sets were pneumatic.

just wait for more official contents. :hmpf_bad:

This is a discussion and speculation thread, it's all part of the fun of waiting :classic:

As usual, I am most curious as to what new pieces we will be getting next year. any educated guesses? I think most likely we'll get new wheels and tyres on the IP car.

I was of the assumption that the IP Car would somehow work in the Tumbler tyres, just because they aren't likely to come in any other 2016 sets (Claas Xerion maybe?), but new wheels would be appreciated. Doubly so if they put the mounting holes on the outer edge of the wheel so the steering pivot can be inside the wheel like it should be...

Edited by Jay Psi