Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It doesn't seem like you spent any time in your review on the new parts specifically. :sad: I had hoped this would maybe give me a better look at the front and back of the new corner BURP, since none of the set pics show it from behind.

Oh, just hollow inside. And: 5x, 4513326

Fairground attractions are for Summer 2016 Friends.

That makes sense! I had wondered if we'd get anything like that as soon as I saw the poster for the fair on the bulletin board in the new LEGO Friends supermarket set (alongside a flyer for the adventure camp).

I thought we would be getting a tv studio subtheme this summer, with hints (or so I thought) like the helicopter in City Square or the antenna in the new fire set.

Volcano research?

I can't imagine how the will do a complete wave of sets for that.

Why not? A vulcano base, a smaller mobile outpost, a large helicopter, and a limited supply plane. Add two polybags and one 6€ set and it's finished :laugh:

I have to correct my opinion towards the ambulance plane completely since I watched the second review on youtube and there it is shown that there actually is place for the paramedic inside the plane - great! :thumbup:

Ambulance Plane :wub: :wub:

- no medical equipment inside the plane (even not stickers)

- no tires under the stretcher

+ grandios exterior design (with the stickers)

+ three minifigs

+ motorcycle and two injections

+ perfect price ratio performance

(I edited my first statement with this)

Knowing how LEGO thinks. 80% of a 'playground' set will be cars and trucks with about 100 pieces for a swing and a slide.

Yes and no. It'll depend on how big the set will be and how much it'll cost.

In a big park set there for sure would be some vehicles e. g.: playground, small lake with rowboats, river with bridge, kiosk with terrace, taxi or bus with bus stop, civilian car, street sweaper, service vehicle for gardening and garbage, benchs, trees, flowers. But if the set was only around thirty Euros, I can't imagine us getting more than one car.

The number of minifigs namely does not necessarily say something about the size of the set - e. g. we have starter sets with four minifigs for only ten Euros - so ten minifigs could theoretically be in a set for 25 Euros.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

The number of minifigs namely does not necessarily say something about the size of the set - e. g. we have starter sets with four minifigs for only ten Euros - so ten minifigs could theoretically be in a set for 25 Euros.

That is in theory :wink: I can not recall a "normal" set with 10 minifigs that are small or even medium sized the last 20 years! The starter sets are just minifigures with some accessories, other sets are usually average or above in size when they have 4 minifigures in them :classic:

What's behind the door with all the "Danger" signs? How is that portion of the building built?

This is a little secret. :laugh:

And I am not exactly sure what you mean with your second question, sorry...

I just saw the catalogue over at Brickset and this must be some kind of record! 3 police stations in the same catalogue :wacko:

The regular, the swamp one and the prisoner island which is one in all but the name!

Lego city must be the city in the world with highest crime rate, to justify that police force :tongue:

In addition the fire department are at full force with a new wave of sets :sceptic:

Well to look on the bright side, it is impossible for the summer wave not too be more civil based than this wave :grin:

Here's a look at a 2016 police accessory set. Believe it or not, there's a gun included! that must be a first time lego has done that.

Edited by amazingbricks

Isn't that more of a nozzle piece, used for fuel pumps and some small fire hoses? I sort of looks like its meant to represent a gun, but that is really strange.

Was something like this released before?I actually never saw those Accesoire Sets.

Looks like a nice little Set to fill the Stash of Accesoires and tiny Stuff,not to mention one can never have enough Minifigs.Are they exclusive for this Set or will they be in other Lego City Sets,too?

And about the Nozzle/Gun Thing....just imagine that Crook stole a Nozzle somewhere (Firestation or Gasstation) and pretends it`s a Weapon.Now everyone is happy,concerned Parents (oh no,a Weapon!) and Kids (oh yeah,a Weapon!)

It's not a gun. That's called a tonfa.

gtma-rubber-foam-tonfa.jpg

You're supposed to hold it so the long end is underneath the arm and points to the elbow.

tonfa_hold.jpg

But eh, if it's held like a gun... albeit there are less-lethal ones.

That, or y'all just reading too much on this. I mean, dude, the bad guy's got a freaking bomb and his wingman can wield the ball like an Olympic hammer.

Edited by XAxles

Finally the cops have a weapon to defend themselves since the crooks run around with crowbars. :wink:

I must say that add-on pack is handy even if you don't buy all the other prison sets. :wink:

The Prison Island theme is available in The Netherlands pretty much everywhere now; Intertoys, Bart Smit, Toys XL etc. It looks (very) good, but i'm gonna wait for a nice bargain.

I just saw the catalogue over at Brickset and this must be some kind of record! 3 police stations in the same catalogue :wacko:

The regular, the swamp one and the prisoner island which is one in all but the name!

Ha! I noticed that too. I can remember when a new police station every three years was considered excessive. But three available concurrently!? I'm pretty sure Lego is just trolling us at this point.

It's not a gun. That's called a tonfa.

You're supposed to hold it so the long end is underneath the arm and points to the elbow.

But eh, if it's held like a gun... albeit there are less-lethal ones.

That, or y'all just reading too much on this. I mean, dude, the bad guy's got a freaking bomb and his wingman can wield the ball like an Olympic hammer.

The only problem with that rationalization is that if that's the intention, the trigger on the piece does a poor job of making look that way.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I saw the "Prison Isand" in the Lego Store (Hamburg, Germany) yesterday.

So if you would like to buy a copy - please check out your local store...

Edited by Zusammengebaut

It's Lego, we can all interpret it as we want! Isn't that the magic behind the brand? ;)

I'm not really looking forwards to a lot of this first wave. That might change when I see them in person, to be fair.