This is something I have wanted to build, but I just do not have the time for it right now.  

A zero turn mower, large scale and have it fully functional.  

Lazer_Z_X-Series_Studio_075_Left.PNG

Edited by aminnich

i's not just about building every possible type of vehicle it's about making a better version of the same sort of vehicle too, when LEGO releases new parts that is very helpful. The best way to get the most out of Technic is to not to over-engineer it, if something is slightly floppy but holds then 9 times out of 10 the surrounding other stuff will support it anyhow. So with this ideology you can build things as complex as it is currently possible with Lego Technic.

I used to think "oh no, were running out of vehicles to have for official sets" but it's not really the case. So anything goes for me personally, as long as the set has plenty of mechanisms that work.

Edited by SNIPE

28 minutes ago, aminnich said:

This is something I have wanted to build, but I just do not have the time for it right now.  

A zero turn mower, large scale and have it fully functional.  

That is what I was going to build. I just havent yet.

Here's something very interesting I recently saw on TV - a container handling forklift: (otherwise known as a empty container handler)

90bbc95a-c0b6-4be2-af16-4e50fa38ffca.png

It grabs (and lifts) shipping containers like this:

6149747e-adcb-440a-9563-966da31dc2af.png

Edited by mocbuild101

you dont have to build a whole vehicle, you could just try and a build a certain part of it.

Then, if that works, could build some thing else to go with the first part you just built.

Its the northern hemisphere summer at the moment - build the straw walkers from a combine harvester.

Dont know what straw walkers are - google them and read up and research.

When you have those made, build the sieves

a659191d.jpg

This is something i had in mind a while back, a Hinowa LightLift, jam-packed with functions and a nice technical challenge i think, i just lack the parts to make it at the moment.

Maybe someone likes to try it?

I am considering making my next MOC based on one of these.

Power Dozer:
35115886844_c82110a89f_z.jpg

High lift platform: with extending arm based on the 42009 crane jib with 3 function steering based on Class Xerion 42054
35115886014_794587897f_b.jpg

Modern bucket chain excavator:
33009318404_d3b6c28b0f_z.jpg

Edited by Doug72

2 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

High lift platform: with extending arm based on the 42009 crane jib with 3 function steering based on Class Xerion 42054

Already was my next moc, Just need to work on steering.

15 hours ago, aminnich said:

Hey guys, 

This is a topic for everyone, like an idea collection of what we could build in the future. 

There is a topic about this, I will merge it.

4 hours ago, Marxpek said:

a659191d.jpg

This is something i had in mind a while back, a Hinowa LightLift, jam-packed with functions and a nice technical challenge i think, i just lack the parts to make it at the moment.

Maybe someone likes to try it?

Here is something similar:

I have 4 project ideas that would keep me busy for 2 years but I will probably have no time this year, and also my drive is vanishing, so I maybe I'll never build them.

• working drumset optionally with a working drummer (with joystick control)
  • RC dakar rally car with 2x2 or 2x3 L motors, a totally unrealistic but well-performing chassis with trailing arm suspension (integrating the motors) with double wishbones to fake the look of independent suspension, anti-roll system not relying on twisting axles, awesome looking body
  • full RC grader with ALL characteristic functions motorized and remote controlled (with some pneumatics too)
  • Iveco off road(ish) truck, something like this:
    4941386253_27af224dfa_z.jpg

I have been wanting to build an Ultra4 Buggy for a long time, featuring a 4-link floating axle. I hope I'll get to start on it soon. It would be something like this:

th?id=OIP.0WiWDBkGRYewBM9XUXCfDgEsCo&w=300&h=168&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

22 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Ok it is time to share ideas, I was building this awesome machine and I built the body and the tracks but I got tired... Someone interested or inspired?, it is a P&H 2650CX Hybrid shovel and it is a real monster beauty.

Jorge,

Is your MOC based on tread spocket wheels from (just an example) 42069 set? How big is it?

Thanks

Edited by I_Igor

Someone mentioned upgrading existing sets. 42070 has tons of room for improvement, so that's one way to go. I've been working (very little) on a similar model for the past year or so - it's tons of fun.

7 hours ago, Lipko said:

Iveco off road(ish) truck, something like this:

Since my Unimog project is at the final stage (need small tweeking on axels and tilting platform), Iveco offroad truck will be interesting because it uses portsl axles like Unimog. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Jorge,

Is your MOC based on tread spocket wheels from (just an example) 42069 set? How big is it?

Thanks

I am very proud of these tracks so I didn´t dismantle them, they have dust :sadnew: , the size is always for me the smallest I can get being playable and strong.

W4jn84t.jpg?1

Edited by jorgeopesi

7 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I am very proud of these tracks so I didn´t dismantle them, they have dust :sadnew: , the size is always for me the smallest I can get being playable and strong.

Good phylisophy. :thumbup: Big model = big responsability and bad playability :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

22 hours ago, suffocation said:

Someone mentioned upgrading existing sets. 42070 has tons of room for improvement, so that's one way to go. I've been working (very little) on a similar model for the past year or so - it's tons of fun.

Im mostly a mod-er rather then a moc-er, but 42070 is waaay outside my budget

I just got a cheap 8041 b-model which i plan on modding, ideas so far are a (simple, probably 2 speed) gearbox, live rear axle and properly designed bodywork. If i get it even halfway how i want, itll be a whole new car by the time im done :)

Edited by vectormatic

Just now, vectormatic said:

just got a cheap 8041 b-model which i plan on modding, ideas so far are a (simple, probably 2 speed) gearbox, live rear axle and properly designed bodywork. If i get it even halfway *** i want, itll be a whole new car by the time im done :)

2 things: 

1: how big area is there inside the car?

2: very bad typo (I blurred it)

4 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

2 things: 

1: how big area is there inside the car?

2: very bad typo (I blurred it)

1: not that big, the fake v8 takes up nearly the entire front section, so im not sure how i would fit any kind of suspension there. The interior is big enough for a full RC mod, but im not sure how suspension and gearbox will fit.

2: thanks, fixed it (and that is actually how 'how' is written in my native language, might have been a brainfart rather than a typo)

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

2: thanks, fixed it (and that is actually how 'how' is written in my native language, might have been a brainfart rather than a typo)

Didnt know, I am American so i wouldnt know.