kabel

The Algus Saga: The Horror

16437045116_a5b9bba5c5_c.jpg

Klaas wasn't quite as much a drinker as his friends were. So when the others were still sleeping he had taken the boat and gone for a pleasure ride in the bay. But when the sudden storm had kicked in he was taken by surpise on the open water.

Now, as he was rowing for his life, a big wave had lifted him above the boling water. But when he finally saw what was coming across the water from the Frozen Beyond he stopped to breath and said his last prayer ...

15842963803_0eb241022f_c.jpg

15840523214_619acdbcdb_b.jpg

Love the effect of the boat being carried by the wave :wub: Must have been something pretty terrifying to scare a Mitgardian so much.

Awesome wave, water and ice! Also nice teamwork on making the white ships resemble from Slegengr's build.

Stellar wave, really nicely done especially how you shadowed the water underneath! The guy's expression is priceless too. Can't wait to see where all this is going!

Amazing! That wave is pretty awesome... Very curious about what he has seen, by the looks of it, it aint good. :thumbup:

Very nice, kabel!

The wave is excellent, and the white ship moving in is great! It must really be something terrible coming to have scared a Mitgardian so much!

Well thanks lads, this was actually just a little exercise in water techniques and photo editing. Due to the white I photographed this infront of an orange background and when cutting out the orange, this morning light effect appeared. it was not planend but I must say but I like the effect nonetheless.

I like how the ship is kind of barely in the frame, making it sinister in spite of its whiteness, a color usually associated with safety and purity rather than menace. It looks like the boatman's face is getting some frost on it, too. Is that an unintentional byproduct of the camera effect here or was it intentional?

Thanks guys, glad so many like a small vig ...

@mc: to honest, the effect on the face was unintentional, but now that you mention it ...