Saberwing40k

Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Technic in 2017

What exactly do you want it for?

I think most of what you're looking for can be solved by using these, or if you want to be able to control the steps between +/- 90 degrees, then the aforementioned train remote controller should give you what you want

I want it for when you do not have enough space for gears the servo motor can only rotate (Let's say) 45 degrees so you can use thee e.g. RC steering output with the servo without any gearing connected from the motor.

Another thing that would be good like Allanp said is to have a absolute transmitter so you set the degrees by a nob on the remote like the train remote and press a button to set the degrees until you change it and press the button again.

remote%20dial.png

Edited by JJ2

I want it for when you do not have enough space for gears the servo motor can only rotate (Let's say) 45 degrees so you can use thee e.g. RC steering output with the servo without any gearing connected from the motor.

Another thing that would be good like Allanp said is to have a absolute transmitter so you set the degrees by a nob on the remote like the train remote and press a button to set the degrees until you change it and press the button again.

Good idea ! I would like to have something like that

Nah, just have it so the servo mimics the position the control stick is at. Then have a direction switcher (like the current one), and two possible extra controls would be a trim and a sensitivity. you'de use the trim setting to make something steer straight for example, and you'de use the sensitivity to control how far the servo moves in relation to the stick. I think the sensitivity control would suit your needs, yes?

Edit:

Another idea, just have one stick on the remote or "segment" with the direction, trim and sensitivity controls. There would be no batteries or transmitter in this segment. That would be it's own "base" segment that you would plug in these individual stick segments. These segments would be square, say 4x4 studs with connections on all sides so the sticks could be mounded in pretty much any configuration.

remore_idea.jpg

You probably wouldn't need the direction control, just switch the segment round. Also available in black :grin:

Edit 2: Over time there could be additional segments released, like d-pads and so on. So, who wants an RC pneumatic JCB licensed backhoe with 13 remote segments! :grin:

Edited by allanp

Nah, just have it so the servo mimics the position the control stick is at. Then have a direction switcher (like the current one), and two possible extra controls would be a trim and a sensitivity. you'de use the trim setting to make something steer straight for example, and you'de use the sensitivity to control how far the servo moves in relation to the stick. I think the sensitivity control would suit your needs, yes?

So basically the RC remote but with a direction switcher?

New remote control, with 4 switches!

2 as right/left switches (for steering or/and other directional functions)

I got tired from this old style setup...

1310634141m_SPLASH.jpg

simpleinstructionsmed.jpg

Is it to much to ask!?

Edited by ARXD

They should make a full-RC 6x6 with Power Pullers (or even bigger tires!) and some crazy suspension. That would be cool.

Reduce the price of 42043 to £75.

H

LOL! I wish.

I also want them not to disappoint us with the IP car...

Make a line of sets with a total 4000 parts, then if you buy all the sets you can build each individual set or one model with all the 4000 pieces.

I would buy 2 copies so I could have each individual set and the mega set. (Whoops, based on standard pricing that would be $400 or so for all the sets and $800 or so for my commitment, but, oh well)

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

They must should give us a 30% off for every 2017 Technic set (based on the current pricing) and, in this way, catch more people into the Technic theme

All of this sound crazy.

What if they gave us a tribute of the original car chassis set, but with modern parts?

Keeping the functions and colours, but using modern parts, to show the evolution of Technic in those 40 years.

TLG should take over SBrick and make a decent control program for Android, IPhone and windows phone.

Produce Two Technic Resource Kits.

The first with Beams and connectors. The second with axles, wheels, gears. Large quantities with a price of $250-350. That keeps it in the 'flagship' range. Direct orders through Lego Store would receive a discount on multiple sets. The first set would be available all in one color, with several choices.

► Bluetooth smartphone-compatible RC module (or at least, radio RC module) and super powerful motors. Preferably in a new, huge RC set of a real off-road vehicle (with actual torque, unlike 9398) or a fast race car.

► Something Sci-Fi themed - robots, mechs, spaceships (with fake functions like alternating geometry, retracting landing gear and weapons), preferably in classic Space themes like Blacktron or M-tron - this would be a tribute to Lego in general and an awesome feat for the adults who admire classic themes and/or were raised in that golden time.

Reedition of all key sets in Technic history using vote scheme from LUG and other comunities (Lego). All sets should have current parts system. Regards

There is a lot of talk about introducing new elements to the technic range. Is that really a 40th anniversary celebration, not just product development? Would seeing a new remote make people pause and think "wow! How great have the last 40 years been?"

Surely, there needs to be something to trigger those feelings of nostalgia. Unfortunately, the things that make me nostalgic about "technical Lego" are not the same as everyone else. And there lies the challenge; how to appeal to the majority? That may well be why we are unlikely to see anything special from TLG for the anniversary.

I am more concerned about how the next 40 years will be. IR RC, really?

The 30 anniversary they introduced PF, no need to keep looking back, just bring the next big thing.

Technic models aimed at girls.

Yeah, yeah, I know that girls can and will play with the current offerings, but so many construction vehicles does not help. Better colours, GBC, knitting/weaving machines, hair plaiting/braiding, walking animals, tumbling clowns, singing snowmen, robots.

Blah, blah, blah.

Not "friends" that encourage role play, but models that need constructing and learning about gears and pulleys, and triangles and accuracy..........

Bring back Model Team!!

With a huge set, something like the MAN TGA dump truck with drawbar trailer and the Volvo wheelloader from MLonger, that would be really cool, even if it costs like €800,-