Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

The Planet Monster could be so much cooler if he had teeth in the mold. It looks absolutely terrible without them and even more so with that awful minifig head stuck in there.

You can always use this headpiece instead. :wink:

3626bpb0501.jpg?1

You can always use this headpiece instead. :wink:

Yeah! I used that for the piggy suit guy! :laugh:

Edited by Mr Greeble

As a castle collector it seems this series is slim pickings

Bigfoot might work if your castle world has monsters, I have Trolls, Goblins, Uruk Hai, Orcs, Minotaur, Giant Trolls with Cyclops, Wargs, Cyclops, a Medusa, a yeti and two mouths of Sauron

Don't do zombies

Lots of skeletons but not a skeleton costume

Maybe a gargoyle for a statue

More time spent on brick link to buy older stuff

Edited by dgherko

The Planet Monster could be so much cooler if he had teeth in the mold. It looks absolutely terrible without them and even more so with that awful minifig head stuck in there. The torso print isn't impressive to me either and the vine accessories do nothing to make up for the rest. Does anyone know what the back of the headpiece part looks like?

I was just thinking that they have missed a trick if they haven't printed the back of the head as the scary monster and the front in the minifigure being devoured. That is unless it really is just a guy in a monster suit, but it does not make sense with him looking so scared...

Yeah! I used that for the piggy suit guy! :laugh:

I use that for every guy :tongue:

I was just thinking that they have missed a trick if they haven't printed the back of the head as the scary monster and the front in the minifigure being devoured. That is unless it really is just a guy in a monster suit, but it does not make sense with him looking so scared...

That's a good strategy. I don't know if they would have thought of it. yeah I think this one's not intended to be a costume, however, it is by virtue of being a minifigure, shaped in a way that that's what it necessarily looks like (outside of the guy's terror). I think a plant pot base would have gone a long way.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

From my personal point of view, and for my purposes, this is the best series they have done so far.

I mean, apart from 3 or 4 minifigures, I am appealed to buy multiples of everyone else.

It never happened. I bought multiples only of 4 or 5 minifigures in the former waves.

I have to agree, Itaria

In general, I would prefer a standard mixed series because I'm more likely to get one ore two good historical figs, but I'm likely to buy 10 or 12 of this monster series for me and my daughter when we usually buy 3 or 4 total. And as far as historic figs go, this gargoyle is going to look great on my castles, and I will definitely be buying multiples.

I wonder when will this series will be officially revealed by the Lego group. Isn't it suppose to be released in September in some countries. Also I can't wait to read whitefang's review - the waiting is killing me..

I wonder when will this series will be officially revealed by the Lego group. Isn't it suppose to be released in September in some countries. Also I can't wait to read whitefang's review - the waiting is killing me..

Isn't october the relase date?

Isn't october the relase date?

Some say September and some say October. Thinking about it now, we haven't seen Lego officially reveal these themselves. I hope for a September release but that wouldn't make sense since series 12 came out October last year. I assume they're following that tradition.

From my personal point of view, and for my purposes, this is the best series they have done so far.

To me, depends. Just being a themed series, I do think this is an outstanding series. Despite there are two or three rehashing monsters/humans, I rarely want to get more than ten characters in a single series.

Just not sure what monster we could see in other future series since TLG has milked most of their monster ideas in this series. And of course, not sure if themed series (plussing licensed series) would keep conflicting with annual schedule and normal series in the future.

Maybe the release date is Oct 1st and the Argos ad was wrong

tn_monsters_jpg.jpg

Or maybe it was delayed

There is a certain logic in the September release, in that it's when other Halloween stuff starts getting stocked by shops

I'm desperately hoping for a September release in the US. Not only would it give us more time to collect them before Halloween, but I can't wait until October!

I'm desperately hoping for a September release in the US. Not only would it give us more time to collect them before Halloween, but I can't wait until October!

Remember that Series 12 had an official release of October, but were very easy to get in mid-September (at like, Walgreens and stuff).

Great pics. I kinda like the Businessman more. Glad that they apply transparent parts to Banshee.

Site should be updated pretty soon.

This confirms the Plant Monster isn't a costume, but a minifigure being eaten! That's awesome!

Edited by CM4Sci

Site should be updated pretty soon.

This confirms the Plant Monster isn't a costume, but a minifigure being eaten! That's awesome!

Not to be rude or anything but how is this awesome? The minifigure is still the same only now we know for sure what LEGO intended.

Whatever LEGO intended with the minifigure you can use it the way you want. If you want it to be a minifigure being eaten use it like that. If you want it to be a costume then use it accordingly.

Not to be rude or anything but how is this awesome? The minifigure is still the same only now we know for sure what LEGO intended.

Whatever LEGO intended with the minifigure you can use it the way you want. If you want it to be a minifigure being eaten use it like that. If you want it to be a costume then use it accordingly.

Just thought it was a more interesting design concept than a costumed guy. :classic:

I though Square Foot was the only one I was going to pick up, but I think that the spectre shows promise. The ghost of a US Civil War general roams my Lego town, and the head might actually be perfect for that. It looks silly at first, but when you add a beard or moustache piece? It could look downright spooky.