Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 14 Rumors and Discussion

Set number: 71010

Release date: October 2015

8be1fff9-bd9d-47ba-ac70-a922262f34bb_f5680a1f-1d31-4096-903d-a5310086ebf9_sv-se_4_coverimage.jpg

20858090555_6f77f6f435_b.jpg

20848485992_93dea7d7bc_o.png

20848489482_85ee195f47_o.png

20865261191_7941c6dc32_b.jpg

Update by WhiteFang:

A nice collage done by Hothbricks

gallery_2351_21_118885.jpg

What do you guys think, do discuss your thoughts here.

-----

List:

1. Monster Scientist

2. Fly Monster

3. Wacky Witch

4. Gargoyle

5. Monster Rocker

6. Spider Lady

7. Banshee

8. Spectre

9. Skeleton Guy

10. Square foot

11. Tiger Woman

12- Wolf Guy

13- Zombie Pirate

14- Zombie Cheerleader

15- Zombie Businessman

16- Plant Monster

Edited by Robert8
Added collage from Hothbricks

I wonder how many new Halloween characters we're going to get? They are obviously going to do some repeated characters from past series and themes. I wan't some new characters and not another vampire or frankenstein. Sixteen characters just seem way to much for Halloween. Any guesses who we may see?

does anyone know if there have ever been any collectable lego items in happy meals or other fast food type give aways?

I guess i haven't eaten a kids meal from fast food in so long i never really noticed, it would be cool to have some of that stuff

Hearing this instants brings my thoughts to zombie army building. I AM SO HAPPY :D

Ummm, does this mean that that mould for the headless horseman will be in a minifigure series? Yesssss!

Could very well be in the upcoming scooby doo theme.

I'm wondering what LEGO will consider "monsters" - Something like Monster Fighters or something much wider in scope.

Seems very Halloween-based, which may be cool. But I would be more interested in mythology-based creatures, such as a satyr or a hydra.

It would also be great to see a ghost using the genie tail piece.

They've done a lot of monsters already, so I hope that very few of this speculated new series are rehashes.

Interesting choice, especially since we're getting a monsters theme this Summer... Scooby Doo. Because of that, not sure I'm a fan of this idea.

I hope we get at least four different zombies and a guy in a hockey mask.

Haha. Guy in a hockey mask? I'd like to see the Lego.com Bio for that one...

Haha. Guy in a hockey mask? I'd like to see the Lego.com Bio for that one...

Just a guy out looking for a fun game of hockey, using your head as the puck.

Interesting choice, especially since we're getting a monsters theme this Summer... Scooby Doo. Because of that, not sure I'm a fan of this idea.

First time we heard about The Simpsons Series, it was called Series 13. Same with The LEGO Movie Series, it was called Series 12.

Maybe this "Series 14" will be actually a licensed series. Could it be a Scooby-Doo CMF series?

As Blakstone pointed out in another thread, in White Fang Series 13 review, the designers talked about having a wide variety in each series to appeal to a lot of different fans. TLG knows the success of the CMF lies on the mixing of different themes, I don't think they are changing that.

Besides, FUNCOM needs a good mix of minifigures for the MMO. With all the minifigures being monsters, the options for new worlds are heavily reduced

Edited by Robert8

So true, and the fact there's another Simpsons series on the way depletes the new figure pool for the MMO even more.

I'd honestly prefer a regularly-diverse series, but I'll hold my judgements until I hear or see something more official...

Edited by telaruhn

If this isn't Scooby-related, we most likely will see a Ghost, Vampire, Frankenstein, Mummy, and Zombie, for sure. Yes, we've seen them before, but those are the "classic" Halloween characters and I personally would like to see what changed will be made since MF in 2012. And if they really are out of ideas, there will be female versions of all those as well (not that we haven't seen those before either)... I'm really hoping for a Headless Horseman, or a demon (traditional red with horns plus new spiky tail), but I'm not sure if Lego will think a demon minifig will offend anyone... Well, there are demons in the Lego Batman game (looking at you, Etrigan) but I'm not sure what Lego's stance on this is...

First time we heard about The Simpsons Series, it was called Series 13. Same with The LEGO Movie Series, it was called Series 12.

Maybe this "Series 14" will be actually a licensed series. Could it be a Scooby-Doo CMF series?

As Blakstone pointed out in another thread, in White Fang Series 13 review, the designers talked about having a wide variety in each series to appeal to a lot of different fans. TLG knows the success of the CMF lies on the mixing of different themes, I don't think they are changing that.

Besides, FUNCOM needs a good mix of minifigures for the MMO. With all the minifigures being monsters, the options for new worlds are heavily reduced

Good thinking on the first part, but then again, they didn't do that with the Simpsons Series 2.

And, I've heard the MMO is not doing well up to expectations. Not sure if it will be around very long...

After these news: http://www.groovebri...ming-late-2015/

I wouldn't be surprised if this "Series 14" ends up being a Simpsons Halloween Series with Treehouse Of Horror minifigures

I hope that rumor is wrong,if they gonna make an monster related series I want them personally to have classic looks and not molded heads with creepy eyes.Any way I'm excited about the news,with a SD theme coming this way we horror fans will have our hands full with monster figs. Edited by LOTR34

I hope that rumor is wrong,if they gonna make an monster related series I want them personally to have classic looks and not molded heads with creepy eyes.Any way I'm excited about the news,with a SD theme coming this way we horror fans will have our hands full with monster figs.

A complete monster series?

I tend to doubt it. They usually combine the series like things you need for a wedding, e.g.

something old, something new, some fighter, some minifig for girls, something blue, a monster, some nonsense fig, etc.

I tend to doubt it. They usually combine the series like things you need for a wedding, e.g.

something old, something new, some fighter, some minifig for girls, something blue, a monster, some nonsense fig, etc.

Well that's the rumor that has been flying around,I don't know if it's legit but I hope it is.The more monsters the better I say :devil: Edited by LOTR34

Well that's the rumor that has been flying around,I don't know if it's legit but I hope it is.The more monsters the better I say :devil:

Let's see.

I've got the monster fighter series, I've got the CMFs ... = ok! :grin:

Let's see.

I've got the monster fighter series, I've got the CMFs ... = ok! :grin:

Personally I can never have enough monsters....there can always be more!!!! Edited by LOTR34

Well that's the rumor that has been flying around,I don't know if it's legit but I hope it is.The more monsters the better I say :devil:

The Brick Fan has very reliable sources so I would say this is legit.

I think the Simpsons was a test case to see if a single themed cmf line would sell. I suspect we will be seeing more of these type of cmf lines in the future.