Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

Challenge III Cat C: The Weapon

Dwarves Side.

16173562731_7ccfca9f76_z.jpg

Far beneath the Dwarven realm, a war council has begun. Soon the Dwarves will be leaving their ornate cities, for a time of war is upon them. They must first plan... So the Dwarven generals meet with their supporters...

16149641256_b33e152e49_z.jpg

Raagam, who would lead the attack, lead the council.

15988122480_5cb62fcc83_z.jpg

The council seemed to be going nowhere for Sir Infernum, who had been a key supported of the Dwarves. The Drow threat had been treated too lightly by the Guilds, and if the Dwarves wanted to take matters into their own hands, he thought, then good for them!

Then an older gentleman, who was wearing ornate green and red armor, stepped forward. In his hand he held a model of a weapon, which he put on the war table.

"This weapon will revolutionize attacks everywhere! With this, we can smash straight through the Drow's fortresses!"

16259962165_21e764dc79_z.jpg

Two days later the dwarves emerged from their stone halls. Thousands of heavily armored, well trained Dwarves marched toward Avalonia. A Dwarven host like this had not been seen in Mitgardia in an age.

16073822619_82b4903363_z.jpg

15970283869_8f3c12d6f2_z.jpg

And so, two weeks later...

The sun rose as the Dwarves climbed over the hill. Their journey was over. With one last push, the ballistae reached the top of the hill.

"We made it!" yelled a dwarf.

"Our mission is not complete yet... Load and fire the ballistae! Quickly, we have not yet been spotted!" Said Raagam.

Suddenly a cry rose out over the hill. It was a shrill shriek, the cry of Drow.

"We have little time, hurry!" yelled Raagam to the soldiers, "Prepare to defend the ballistae!"

Soon the Drow were upon them...

16155597072_7085d4b94b_z.jpg

15536608233_1dd5af6609_z.jpg

16154704961_12399b3e3d_z.jpg

The Ballistae fired, and flew across the battlefield. It hit its target, and produced the crumbling sound of rock against rock as the fortress began to collapse.

16154706311_1c3c42888e_z.jpg

The Drow scrambled as the fortress began to collapse upon them...

15970543459_10bd9dcbf3_z.jpg

But not all were able to escape.

As the dust settled, and the Dwarves picked off the last few Drow, the battle was won. The Dwarves were now able to strike into the heart of the Drow threat. With dwarven reinforcements on the way, the war effort was looking bright.`

Edited by Infernum

Awesome build! Is that supposed to be a huge Ballista? It's badass and I like the Dwarf with the goggles on manning it, nice touch. :wink:

Excellent build Infernum, it must have been a lot of work pulling the ballistae all that way! :laugh:

Great job with the collapsing wall as well, it looks quite realistic :thumbup: Nice work posing those dwarfs too! :grin:

Wow. Impressive work! The crumbling tower, the wicked-looking ballistae, the Drow figs, the dwarf figs, it's all excellent!

Awesome! Somewhat similar idea in my third build for this category! I think this is much, much better than mine though. :laugh:

This is awesome! Love the collapsing fortress, and that ballista is very big, very menacing... Excellent entry!

Thanks everyone! I forgot to mention it, but the ballista actually fires! Pretty well too, it shoots at least 10-12 feet. I could put a Drow's eye out with it! :look::laugh:

Beasty ballista, and the fact it works makes it even better :thumbup: Great landscape as well, you integrated the tilted sections very smoothly.

The crumbling tower is incredible :wub:

My only nitpick would be that the ballista's bolt seems to have changed dramatically during flight :look:

Some fantastic rockwork here, and that crumbling tower is just plain eye candy! :wub_drool: The smashed drow with nothing but head and arms peeking out gave me a chuckle as well... :laugh:

Fantastic entry, the landscaping and crumbling tower are extremely well done. Wonderful action scenes too, like the bolt slamming into the tower, the various fighting scenes, etc. (like Kai pointed out, the crushed Drow is a hilarious detail). Wonderful work and photography as per usual!

Edited by MassEditor

That first build is really neat, I'm really liking the concept of half-wall-half-organic rockwork, :thumbup: The model is really neat too!

That first build is really neat, I'm really liking the concept of half-wall-half-organic rockwork, :thumbup: The model is really neat too!

Thanks Kai!

Bravo! Sipmly amazing! The rockwork in the first interior scene is epic!

The castle crumbeling and the tower looks so natural when it comes down! Is it stable?

Fantastic boulders and columns on that first build, Infernum, and that model is excellent as well! :wub:

Actually, after I saw your MOC where the missile hits the drow fortress, I thought that it is useless to try something similar, because (as I said above) it is just fantastic.

If you want to see a tower collapsing after it has been hit, THIS is the post to go to!

Amazing entry Infernum! I really like the boulders on the 1st build and the angled tower. Awesome!

Bravo! Sipmly amazing! The rockwork in the first interior scene is epic!

The castle crumbeling and the tower looks so natural when it comes down! Is it stable?

Thanks! Yes, It's actually very stable! I used several mixels joints on the leaning section. :wink

Fantastic boulders and columns on that first build, Infernum, and that model is excellent as well! :wub:

Thanks Garmadon!

Actually, after I saw your MOC where the missile hits the drow fortress, I thought that it is useless to try something similar, because (as I said above) it is just fantastic.

If you want to see a tower collapsing after it has been hit, THIS is the post to go to!

Thanks a ton! :classic:

Amazing entry Infernum! I really like the boulders on the 1st build and the angled tower. Awesome!

Thanks Gunman!

Excellent build, Infernum!

There is not much more that I can add, other than to re-emphasize how superb the rockwork and crumbling tower are! The posing of the minifigs is great as well, especially the dwarf operating the Ballistae and the Drow smashed by the falling rocks. Nicely done, Infernum!

Excellent build, Infernum!

There is not much more that I can add, other than to re-emphasize how superb the rockwork and crumbling tower are! The posing of the minifigs is great as well, especially the dwarf operating the Ballistae and the Drow smashed by the falling rocks. Nicely done, Infernum!

Thanks a bunch Slegengr! :classic:

All three of these builds are fantastic! All of the builds are full of detail, but what really stands out to me is the dwarf council room. The wall are epic!!! The balista is also really neat :)