Sign in to follow this  
legoloco

Legoloco Collectible Series

This was a great idea for a contest I really enjoyed working on it.

15695295487_d1e0bc68bf_c.jpg

Avalonia:

15881054835_a6a3862c41_z.jpg

Name: Elven Swordsman

Bio: The mysterious Enchanted Forests in the western region of Avalonia is home to many tribes of elves. Given the shifting nature of the forest there are communities that have rarely if ever been encountered by humans. This is a swordsman of one of those communities.

15695295407_bd5c772997_z.jpg

Name: Elven Herbalist / Healer

Bio: An elven healer who has studied the flora of the Enchanted Forest and uses her knowledge of their various properties to heal all who seek her help.

15881054695_5a840e2ab5_z.jpg

Name: Elven Maiden / Ranger

Bio: An elven maiden and ranger from the Enchanted Forest. This is my sig fig for Avalonia and I am just very fond of her so I wanted to include her in this contest.

15695037579_204f7c9a8c_z.jpg

Name: Avalonian Merchant / Baker

Bio: This merchant/baker comes with a butter churn which helps with her baking business. Any excess butter she produces she markets to buyers in Nocturnus. Some in that guild will pay a premium for her product. It seems that using butter churned from the cream of innocent Avalonian cows adds a subversively decadent nature to enchanted pumpkin pies that helps to increase the evil quotient.

Kaliphlin:

15880411942_78c21598cb_z.jpg

Name: Archer

Bio: A typically attired archer that can be found throughout Kaliphlin.

15693549788_60262086e7_z.jpg

Name: Royal Guard

Bio: An elite guard employed by royalty in Kaliphlin with appropriately ornate armor.

15258787804_8d761f8fb8_z.jpg

Name: Knight of the Southern Cross

Bio: A member of a holy order that can be found wandering the eastern areas of Kaliphlin. The order is comprised solely of female fighters who have pledged to protect all of Historica from the evils that often spill forth from Nocturnus.

Mitgardia:

15855247816_2ff1a4664b_z.jpg

Name: Axe-Man

Bio: A human fighter from Mitgardia who specialized in fighting with a long axe.

15695294947_fb3cb25229_z.jpg

Name: Fighter

Bio: A human fighter from Mitgardia who specialized in fighting with a flail and shield.

15880411632_72b163a829_z.jpg

Name: Dragon Knight

Bio: These are a clan of oddly clean shaven humans who inhabit small areas in the northern Rakath Mountain range along the border between Mitgardia and Nocturnus. They do not feel particularly aligned with either area and are content to keep to themselves. Their culture idealizes the might and prowess of dragons and their armor is fashioned to resemble dragon scales.

Nocturnus:

15855247786_70f980291a_z.jpg

Name: Creeping Swamp Fiend “Tentacled Tickler”

Bio: It is whispered that those in Nocturnus who practice dark magicks and recreational gardening can grow fiends in the darkest depths of the swamps. As saplings they are understandably vulnerable, requiring the warm waters of the Moruth Swamplands augmented occasionally with human blood. It takes many years for them to grow to their partially humanoid form. An interesting aspect of Creeping Swamp Fiends is that if you survive an attack and manage to hack one in half you can in fact count their rings to tell how old they were. The moniker, “tentacled tickler” has been given to them over the ages by many a wizened nanny or wet nurse. Stories of their horrors are told to children throughout Historica when they’ve been misbehaving. These fiends are said to be fond of holding unruly children upside down by their ankles and tickling them with a ferocity that leads to broken ribs, collapsed lungs and eventually death.

15695294807_7e68fb2f7c_z.jpg

Name: Flesh Eater

Bio: These mindless monstrosities are the work of necromancers in Nocturnus. They are cobbled together from parts of victims and instilled with the need to rend human flesh from bone. Eyes are a weak point deemed unnecessary in their creation, they find their prey using their acute sense of smell.

15261405253_aae4961616_z.jpg

Name: Menials

Bio: These are simple minded creatures that are often used by others as muscle. They can be bargained with and will trade their labor / fighting ability for whatever it is they desire at the moment. They will remain loyal and uphold their end of the deal as long as they feel they are getting what they were promised. Otherwise they are vicious brutes that will destroy without conscience.

15695294557_810f3d5cc3_z.jpg

Name: Volcano Lord

Bio: A creature whose form is influenced by the lava that flows through the volcanic areas of Nocturnus. This allows him to generate a flaming touch to attack his enemies.

Undecided:

15693753750_ff3f94e8ae_z.jpg

Name: High Priestess – Order of the Burning Stag

Bio: I haven’t fully fleshed out a back story for these two yet.

15879070071_86d6d6fc48_z.jpg

Name: Knight of the Order of the Burning Stag

Bio: A human Knight in the Order.

Using so many elf/orc ears with different skin colors for different elves is a brilliant idea. Those are my favourite!

Awesome figs- love the volcano Lord, and the Order of the Burning Stag figs! Great stuff

Edit: have you signed up yet, or did I miss your intro? I want to read it, your fig is great!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Wow, these are incredible! Great work and wonderful usage of all the SW parts!

Really great combos here and lots of cool diversity. The SW stuff is bold and well used. I love the different kinds of elves with different skin colors. It's hard to pick favorites with this series, but I'll have to go with the Flesh Eater, Baker, and Knight of the Southern Cross as standouts.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm glad people seem to like the multi-colored elves. Since I'm extremely new to GoH I wasn't sure if people would think I was rocking the boat by making up this variety but when I saw the multi-colored orc head pieces that's where my mind went.

At this point my lego collection is made up primarily of star wars themed sets so I have a good visual memory for the SW theme specific parts. This ended up biasing my choices for my series and I think a lot of the SW themed torsos lend themselves well to use in GoH.

vitreolum - thanks, I really like your Lich Lord and Witch of the Wilds

Lord Vladivus my intro post for Avalonia can be seen here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85920&view=findpost&p=2009787

I think Historica is big enough to find any kind of..any kinds. :wink: Green skinned elves, why not? And it shows LEGOs creativity that so many SW parts can be used in a medieval world. Jedi robes fit perfectly, for instance.

Beautiful minifigs, I really like them! My top favorites are definitely the Royal Guard for Kaliphlin, the Dragon Knight for Mitgardia and the two for the Order of the Burning Stag!

I have three things to add - Where did you get the torso for the Dragon Knight? Where did you get the torso and legs for the Knight of the Order of the Stag? And the Order of the Stag, in my opinion, would fit very good for Kaliphlin because of the color combinations on them.

I have three things to add - Where did you get the torso for the Dragon Knight? Where did you get the torso and legs for the Knight of the Order of the Stag? And the Order of the Stag, in my opinion, would fit very good for Kaliphlin because of the color combinations on them.

Thanks Goliath. Out of my 16 figures 8 of them use the back printing of the original figure as the front of my figure. The Dragon Knight and Knight of the Order of the Burning Stag both use torsos from Legends of Chima figures. The Dragon Knight is the back side of the torso used in the Worriz figure found in 4 sets and the Order of the Burning Stag is the back side of a torso used in 10 of the new Fire Chi figures and can be found in 11 different Lego sets, a different Worriz is one of the figures.

Nice series, Legoloco!

I also think the SW parts are utilized very well in these figures. The different skin colors for the elves is great as well! I really like the elves and your Order of the Burning Stag figs!

Nice figs!! I think that the lava lord andorder of the burning stag figures are my favorite. Too bad the order of the buring stag figs dont have descriptions to go with them, as i think the descriptions add a lot to the CMFs.

Excellent use of SW parts! I LOVE your Elves. it never occurred to me to use the Orc ears for Elves, but you've done a superb job with these. Your 3 Elves are definitely my favorite figs here.

I particularly like the Volcano Lord. That Hood eye combo is a beaut! I'd love to own that hood piece.

I also congratulate you on your use of the goblin and orc ear use for elves. That's very nicely done and so well executed to give them diversity!

Great series! The Figs that really stand out to me are the Kaliphlin archer, Dragon knight, flesh eater, and Knight of the order of the burning stag.

Great figs Legoloco! Knight of the Order of the Burning Stag is my favourite. Volcano lord is also great and avalonian baker also rocks!

The use of Star Wars minifig parts works really well! Elven swordsman, kaliphlin archer, axe man, and dragon knight are my favorite figs :thumbup: