Due to some work, non-work and other EB-related activities, I haven't been able to maintain/visit the Technic Forum as much as I would like. Therefor I figured that having an extra Regulator on-board is beneficial for both EB and myself. After discussion with other staff members we have decided to nominate Milan. He already has been answering your questions during the latest Technic contest and I am convinced he will continue to do so on a Technic forum wide basis. So I asked Milan if he is up for the task of Technic Regulator and he confirmed.

However, one of his questions was whether he could still join Technic contests. Usually staff members aren't eligible to enter contests, but since Milan really loves to enter contests, I said he would still be allowed to participate. If there are any objections, please let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

For those of you interested in what a Regulator does. Here's a short list of activities:

• Show your presence by simply participating in your theme forum.
  • Help maintaining indexes (details to be agreed with the theme forum responsible(s)).
  • Resize oversized pics or point to our manuals for helping members to resize them themselves.
  • Help members with basic questions like posting pics, deep linking, etc (by pointing to manuals).
  • Etc

So, Milan, welcome on board! Live long and prosper.

Great to see that Milan is now one of our Regulators and have no problem that he join also some of the contest he like to do.:thumbup:

I think since contests are based on voting, there is no reason to stop him participating.

Edited by J_C

Congrats Milan.  Happy indexing!

I think it is ok for Milan to enter contests.  Over at Pirates BoBS forum, the leaders are allowed to enter contests and challenges but are not eligible to win physical prizes since leaders also do the judging.  If no conflict of interest then not a problem.

First, thanks to our moderator Jim for making this happen, and to all the other Staff members for consenting.

I will do my best to contribute toward keeping this great community running smooth as it does now.

And, thanks guys, for the nice comments!

Thank you Milan for taking on this responsibility. It's a job that is indispensable and probably not appreciated enough by those who benefit from it.  I don't have an issue with you participating in the contests. 

Big thanks to all moderators for helping to create such a high quality community. And thanks to Milan for being willing to help out. 

55 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Thank you Milan for taking on this responsibility. It's a job that is indispensable and probably not appreciated enough by those who benefit from it.  I don't have an issue with you participating in the contests. 

+1. Congrats!

All the above agreed - a great choice and it would be a shame not to see (and to set the standard) Milan's creations in the competitions.