The Algus Saga: A long forgotten enemy

18154345644_503aa6eb7f_c.jpg

18589210850_248f01d145_c.jpg

18589163778_1b62cb6ba8_c.jpg

"Am I dreaming?"

"No, I'm seeing it as well. That's the Thorshaven beacon that's being lit."

"We have to warn the commander!"

18154338804_311b5f9655_c.jpg

The watchman just finished his sentence and before he even set foot towards the commander he heared him yelling:

"Lit the beacon, lit the beacon! They're here!"

Seeing the white creatures suddenly coming from the icy waters did send chills down his spine. It was true. They were back again. And already here! They must have figured out were the beacons are for. And now they're here to break the beacon chain. Which should be prevented at any cost.

"Protect the beacon! Let's send these beasts back to the Frozen Beyond!

18154330774_8a9c117a8b_c.jpg

18771988062_f0a66010aa_c.jpg

18156288353_a114edc32e_b.jpg

Wow! Amazing texture! And great use of that baseplate. I'm no fan of them, but it works well here.

Fantastic build, that baseplate works super well! :thumbup: Great job on the texturing throughout, lots of really neat details!

Fantastic beacon Ecc, I'm really digging the color-scheme here and the baseplate works great! The dwarf statues are really superb as well! :thumbup:

Amazing beacon, Ecc! :wub: The colors flow together beautifully and as others have said, the incorporation of the baseplate is brilliant! :thumbup:

The huge beacon complex is exceptionally good, from the architecture to the colors to the textures. The different greys and tans really look good together when arranged as artfully as this. The overall design fits the limitations of the baseplate very well - but the lack of detailing on the base really looks odd to me when supporting such a richly detailed build. Sure, the built-in steps are nice, but otherwise the base detracts more than it adds to my eyes. Perhaps a less-detailed build would match it better. At any rate, the overall project is very good and the beacon itself is marvelous. Excellet work!

I gotta agree with Captain Dee on this one regarding the base plate. I feel that a flat base plate with patches of snow and green here and there would really work for this build better. I like the beacon itself as well as the texturing and the dwarven statues. Well done overall sir.

Really nice build, I'm not a big fan of raised BP's but this one definitely fit in. I like how you used the curved slopes on the wall.

Quite the impressive MOC Ecc! I like the bits of tan in the structure, they tie the baseplate in nicely.

I really like the color scheme...! Nice use of the baseplate too!

Epic beacon and such a good use of that baseplate :wub: The color combinations and architecture are stunning :thumbup:

Unexpected to see you use a baseplate like that (I actually had not seen that one before at all)

Great use of it nevertheless :classic:

I also like the shape of the beacon tower very much.

Wow, I love the raised baseplate in there :thumbup: . The beacon and the colour scheme are great, too.

Edited by Balbo