ZCerberus

Dragon Masters: Along the Watchtower

I'm late to the party here, so not much I can say that hasn't been said already. But, wow! Looks great, I really love the color scheme you've been using for these Dragon Masters.

Fantastic job as per the usual Z, the sheer size of this is amazing and all the details and texturing are just excellent! I especially like the round dk red inset circle! Great work on the interior as well, the wavy rug is really good and the lintel over the doorway is a great touch! :thumbup:

I am loving the brooding atmosphere of this build - And to point one of the details I really enjoy - Those halberds on the roofline? BRILLIANT!

In awe of this. Someday, when I attempt a big ol castle/tower build I'm going to be studying your stuff Z. I will study it studiously.

My biggest Nocturnian challenge for sure. How to make the terrain organic, bare, interesting and dark all at the same time.

Maybe not bare but I like using chains when I want to give a dark look.. Not sure if you like it though.

11975829053_038e1700d2_z.jpg

I'm sorry to say I never liked the "random chains" technique because they look like what they are: chains. I think to myself "why are all these chains laying around?". But because your aethestics and tastes are so unique, Gun, I think it works in your builds but may not be a very transplantable technique. But that's just, like, my opinion man. :P

Another fantastic addition to the Dragon Masters build/storyline :moar: As others have said, the mix of black/dark red tudor sections on the tower look amazing :thumbup:

The ballista on top looks very dangerous and as Khorne said the gears underneath it really add to the effect.

The interior scene is also fabulous, I especially like the door frames and furniture :thumbup:

And the story just keeps getting better :wub: Can't wait for future installments :classic:

I'm sorry to say I never liked the "random chains" technique because they look like what they are: chains. I think to myself "why are all these chains laying around?". But because your aethestics and tastes are so unique, Gun, I think it works in your builds but may not be a very transplantable technique. But that's just, like, my opinion man. :P

Yep I also see them as simple chains, but at nocturnus landscape I imagine them as being chains which were used to keep slaves which are dead now etc etc... Thats how I see it :classic:

That's kind of cool. Like rusty abandoned chains left where they fell off!

Awesome build Z, and excellent story (as usual) to go with it :sweet:

Great job with the door hinges, candles, chairs and carpet in the interior scene :thumbup:

On the outside, the dark red and black Tudor sections go very well with the tower, and I really like the battlements, ballista, and roofs :wink:

I'm looking forward to the continuation of the story!

Dude, seriously? *huh*

1. This thing is TALL

2. The battlements are incredible, I'll have to remember that technique

3. The integration of the Tudor sections is, frankly, perfect

4. I do agree that the ground is a bit boring - maybe hit it with some random dark orange?

.... I'm going to be studying your stuff Z. I will study it studiously.

Crackin' me up man, crackin' me up...

Awesome build. It looks menacing. As others have said: the dark red tudor bits are very cool. I think they lend a certain Japanese vibe aswell. Good job!

Definitely your best build yet! your composition is epic as usual, and your colour palette is fantastic! the ground seems a bit boring, then again I can't say I haven't done something even worse :p

What makes this one stand out from the rest of your works is that you've gone a bit farther with the wall textures, it really makes it!

keep it up mate :)

Oh my, my, oh hell yes! I'm thrilled to see this finally hit the forums dude (did it take you that long to build the interior scene?? :laugh: ), spectacular work! Some epic work here man, really don't know where to start! I'm late to the party here and have to repeat what others said, that the timbering and dark red sections are simply gorgeous. Sinister ballista too and the gears are a fantastic touch. Man, I have to say you've out down yourself here, not just with this build but the equally engrossing story line. I love how complex and detailed the story is becoming, and the personal intrigue in itself makes me want more.

Thanks guys. This was actually largely finished before "Fracture", but it went into the hopper until after Fracture was complete.

Oh my, my, oh hell yes! I'm thrilled to see this finally hit the forums dude (did it take you that long to build the interior scene?? :laugh:

Don't give out all our secrets! I actually have been busy with other projects and will continue to be until the end of this month, but then hopefully more of the story line will come out. I wonder what is happening with the Zugal...

Always when I think, man it's such a shame Z doesn't build anymore, you hammer out something as amazing as that. Guess I have to be more patient with you.

Anyway, you're definetely a great source of inspiration, just as DC had been when he was still around.

One question: which color do you use between the black timbers, is that red or dark red?

One question: which color do you use between the black timbers, is that red or dark red?

Dark red

Amazing Z, great continuation of the story and excellent build! Though I must say, builds of this size are much cooler in person. This tower is massive.

I wonder what is happening with the Zugal...

The Zugal have been delayed, but don't worry, I've got something coming as soon as I have time!

You crazy man, Z! This build is so insanely cool. The wall texturing with the tiles and grill bricks is perfectly done, and the parapets are beautiful! So much to like.