Piranha

Blue Coats, Red Coats, or Green Coats

The Imperial Armada "faction" (if it even qualifies) was definitely the coolest. Their two small sets make them look like a TLG afterthought - like it was a chore for the company to produce them. This poll seems odd in its modified form just because they're so different from their predecessors and they're so rare in comparison. I never got into the RvB thing - I like them all - but still, I think a new poll with all the factions would be more appropriate than adding another option so late in the game.

Oh, and please, no one tell me that the Armada "actually" had 3 sets. The fact that the re-release flagship had a different number of parts doesn't make it a different set. Unique, yes. But still a re-release. Nothing new and exciting. I think TLG realized they made a mistake by cancelling the entire theme so suddenly, and that was apparently the best they could do to correct it.

There were five sets.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6280-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6244-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6249-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6296-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6204-1

Do these count?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6232-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6248-1

With regards to the Imperial Armada faction, I was referring to sets that belonged to them - the Armada Flagship and Armada Sentry. Buccaneers was basically neutral (like the old Pirate Minifigures and Sea Mates) while Pirates Ambush is decidely a pirate set with an Armada man and Shipwreck Island is likewise a pirate shipwreck with an Armada man. PPP included the Armada as well but again, it was a pirate set. Same with the other two sets. Out of the entire wave the Armada had one ship and one little building - everything else was either flying the pirate flag or obviously a pirate set with accompanying Armada minifigs.

Try 30048 although i am not home to check. (Mobile only enters certain pages)

It is correct, thank you! My wishlist is becoming quite huge!

Do you personally prefer the LEGO bluecoat or redcoat Soldiers as the pirate antagonists (or the Armada guys!)?

Blue coats, because they were the original 'bad guys' :) But honesly I don't care for the soldiers that much, for me it was always all about the pirates, the soldiers that came with my sets were always 'extras' in my Pirates adventures

I'd go with the Redcoats as 2009 Pirates reboot was my introduction to the theme :pir-sweet: 

Neither Bluecoats or Redcoats. I prefer both coats. Gives more versatility to man whatever MOC you create.

I like both. I also have some custom white coats and sand green coats using chef torsos and the bellhop torsos from the Boutique Hotel.

I am solidly in the Red Coat camp, though I cannot deny the sharpness of the original figs. My second oldest Lego set was Sea Mates, the version with the red coats, and never had any blue coats until that Bricktober fig was released in 2010.

So yeah, solidly a redcoat here.

11 hours ago, karrit said:

I was thinking a while back those Bellhop torsos would make nice uniforms.

The sand green ones or the dark red ones?

Just now, evancelt said:

The sand green ones or the dark red ones?

The sand green ones.  Kind of formal looking with the white hands, since they are wearing gloves.  Just looked at the dark red ones but they have that gold nameplate on the chest.

Redcoats have the better sets...but I still prefer the Bluecoats!

3 hours ago, karrit said:

The sand green ones.  Kind of formal looking with the white hands, since they are wearing gloves.  Just looked at the dark red ones but they have that gold nameplate on the chest.

51865056143_a52be1d43a_o.jpg

51865297199_e99d38594f_o.jpg

For the dark red bellhops you could just strip off the name tag :)

3 hours ago, Conde said:

What torso could be used for a whitecoats army?? Thank you :)

IMG_0180.jpg

22 hours ago, De Martinez said:

Do you personally prefer the LEGO bluecoat or redcoat Soldiers as the pirate antagonists (or the Armada guys!)?

I prefer pirates as the antagonists - the soldiers are the heros! :pir-grin:

Honestly I'm not sure. The only Pirate stuff I had growing up was the 2009 wave, so my childhood was redcoats only, but I've not had any since and in going back through old sets acquired a decent crew of bluecoats.

I suspect having the two Eldorados on display for a few months will swing me firmly over to the bluecoats side.

I'm preferential to Red Coats since they're what I personally grew up with. I even dressed up as a red-wearing Imperial Guard for Halloween one year!

Redcoats are what I was familiar with when I began buying Lego, but the Caribbean Clipper changed my opinion when I found that a few years later. Now I'm 100% bluecoats.

That said, I like the redcoats too, and treat them as a separate entity, the same as the Armada and the Islanders. The redcoats were the British and the bluecoats were French. I could be 100% incorrect on this, as I'm an American. 😂

I enjoy all these factions, and it helps mix up play by giving you different directions you can take with the Pirates. I actually wish we got more. Give me the Dutch! Give me the Portuguese! Heck, give me the Ruskies! 

Difficult choice! My favorites are Govenor Broadside and the classic bluecoats as they were the main imperials of my childhood. Sabre Island forever!

The classic redcoats ended up becoming my younger brother's imperial faction, which probably put me off them just a tiny bit! :pir-grin: That said, I'm extremely keen to see a modernised take on the classic Redcoat minifigures (i.e. without the blue details of the 2009 versions).

Redcoats forever, mainly because my mocs take place during the American Revolutionary War so I have minimal use for the bluecoats, except for the dark blue coats from the series 10 minifigs. 

For mocs i guess i would prefer bluecoats. But i have none :laugh: My whole arsenal of soldiers contains exactly one redcoat i kept from my childhood days in the 90s :laugh: