Gideon

Ch. II: Team DeGothia Collab: Cat A: Aiding the Refugees

Aiding the Refugees

Peter and his aunt Marian have been stopped by a blockade, put in place to hinder the spread of the plague. As Peter is still weak after his sickness, the Avalonian soldiers refuse to let them through afraid that he is ill with the plague. A Kaliphlin merchant helps them to persuade the soldiers so they can continue on their journey. It's a wonder what some Kaliphlin gold can do to make things go smoother in Avalonia.

14169017608_540dab5c1e_c.jpg

14168980569_ee8dfedaa6_c.jpg

This is my Challenge II, category A entry for Team de Gothia.

Previous entries in the same story:

A Black Day

House of Healing

Those Avalonian guards look sweet! They are 90% series 3 elf, but they look great with the dark pearl helmet and tree shield.

That tree is really nice! Like the way it merges into the pallisade! :thumbup:

Edited by Kai NRG

So good. Flowers and trees look quite natural. I'm jealous of those S3 Elf bodies. I missed that series and now the bodies/figs are so dang expensive!

so much going on in a vignette, great stuff. And of course you photo editing, but of course I could commenting everytime I see your stuff, as it's really great!

Nice, those wooden walls look very realistic, and the tree design is excellent. Large amount of details in a compact space too

Great stuff again Gideon! The tree turned out great for the vignette and the palisades still feel imposing

Sweet vignette Gideon! The bulk of the foliage on your tree is awesome, in addition to the pallisade it makes for a very solid background. :classic:

Ah those humanitarians of Kaliphlin! Nice little vig, looks very clean.

That tree is looking really good! How did you attach the leaves in the bottom of the tree, hanging down?

The pallisade is one good looking detail!!

Lovely vignette! The tree looks great, I like how you transitioned from sideways leaves to normal :thumbup: The use of those flowers in the landscape works really well too :classic:

Sweet build once again Gideon, I really like the ground texturing! :thumbup:

Great little build. If I didn't know better I would say that this was rendered from LDD. Your picture taking abilities are amazing.

Great job with the tree! Also very nice minifig posing :D

Yeah, the whole world need our Kaliphlin money in order to advance :devil:

Advance!??? That palisade was put there for a reason, and these "advances" defeat the entire purpose, and will continue to spread the plague. We Avalonians do not think with our coffers like some wealthy Kaliphlinites.

Great build! I think the tree is my favorite part, but I also like the path and the flowers and palisade, and I really like the story. I like how many of our GoH builders incorporate the shadier side and dealings of Historica, because this is probably accurate to what would often happen. Great build!

Those Avalonian guards look sweet! They are 90% series 3 elf, but they look great with the dark pearl helmet and tree shield.

The tree looks great Gideon! (i also like the story line... :devil: )

That tree is really nice! Like the way it merges into the pallisade! :thumbup:

So good. Flowers and trees look quite natural. I'm jealous of those S3 Elf bodies. I missed that series and now the bodies/figs are so dang expensive!

Really nice landscaping and tree design!

Those ground flowers are amazing. Great effect.

Nice, those wooden walls look very realistic, and the tree design is excellent. Large amount of details in a compact space too

Great tree! I'm loving all the palisade fences that are cropping up. Great figs too!

Great stuff again Gideon! The tree turned out great for the vignette and the palisades still feel imposing

Sweet vignette Gideon! The bulk of the foliage on your tree is awesome, in addition to the pallisade it makes for a very solid background. :classic:

Ah those humanitarians of Kaliphlin! Nice little vig, looks very clean.

The flowers and the tree look very nice, well done!

Nice build and the frame accents it nicely!

Lovely vignette! The tree looks great, I like how you transitioned from sideways leaves to normal :thumbup: The use of those flowers in the landscape works really well too :classic:

Sweet build once again Gideon, I really like the ground texturing! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! :classic: I think those elves make excellent Avalonian soldiers without too much alteration, and that Forest Maiden shield works well as an Avalonian crest as we've seen in numerous MOCs.

That one of the soldiers is keeping the CMF elf face was just lazyness on my part however...

so much going on in a vignette, great stuff. And of course you photo editing, but of course I could commenting everytime I see your stuff, as it's really great!

Great little build. If I didn't know better I would say that this was rendered from LDD. Your picture taking abilities are amazing.

Thanks! It's not a lot of editing, mainly just color correction and some cropping, mostly it is that I've found a photography setup that works ok for me :wink:

That tree is looking really good! How did you attach the leaves in the bottom of the tree, hanging down?

The pallisade is one good looking detail!!

Thanks dG! I've simply attached the hanging leaves by sticking the "point" of the vertical leaves in between two limbs of one of the horizontal leaves. They can swing and rotate somewhat but rarely fall of at least.

Advance!??? That palisade was put there for a reason, and these "advances" defeat the entire purpose, and will continue to spread the plague. We Avalonians do not think with our coffers like some wealthy Kaliphlinites.

Great build! I think the tree is my favorite part, but I also like the path and the flowers and palisade, and I really like the story. I like how many of our GoH builders incorporate the shadier side and dealings of Historica, because this is probably accurate to what would often happen. Great build!

Kaliphlin gold can work both ways, it's not our problem that there are so many in the other guilds willing to be corrupted by it! :wink:

In this case Avalonia was lucky that one citizen was saved thanks to the Kaliphlin gold, but of course there might be other cases where Avalonian rule can be undermined by it in a less advantageous way...

Anyway OOC I agree with you RA, the shadier side of Historica should be incorporated whenever possible because a darker fantasy setting with "gray scale" characters (neither entirely good nor entirely evil) is much more interesting!

Edited by Gideon