Ok, I will stoke the flames.

Are there any updates on this, because this topic has become a little silent

We may have taken a hiatus for a bit, but I think we are beginning to move again on the project. We are still talking about when the launch will be. We have many basic ideas lined up, we just have to get everything in working order. The factions are somewhat set, but we do need a few dedicated people to serve as vice leaders, and leaders-in-training once the project opens.

This worries me, I was hoping to be an islander faction...

You could play an islander allied with any faction at this point (similar to how you could play an elf allied with any faction in GOH), for the time being they will not be their own faction (however this may change in the future!) The Pirates will definitely need islander allies from the beginning though!

It's good to hear you're back on tracks, and the project is developing. Regarding sub-leader positions I think you won't have problems finding dedicated people here. If you need anything let us know.

And thank you for answering, every communicated bit of information is better than to be left 'alone' with too many question marks. Even if it'd be only to say it'll take a bit longer.

Really looking forward to this, hoping it won't be long now after the end of the Guilds' Challenge II.

Regarding sub-leader positions I think you won't have problems finding dedicated people here. If you need anything let us know.

thanks for the offer, we may have to come back to it!

With the announcement that Lego is going to release some new pirate sets next year this could be the prefect time for something like this. I don't know if I'd join since I'm active in GoH and SoNE, but I'd love to see what MOCs would come out of it!

Seems like this is in a holding pattern. Much like the proposed persistent RPG/world for Scifi...

I hardly post in the Pirate's section but if the Pirate guilds haven't been started yet, I think it would a great idea! I'd definitely join one. thumbup.gif

Firstly apologies if I'm repeating things but I haven't time to read all. I'm new to afol community. Goh has really perked my interest but I'm totally lost with it and have yet to puck a faction. A big draw to goh was the degree program. If pirates had something similar I'd be in. A lot a good points have been said already... keep it simple is key with clear explanations. I struggle to follow the story threads in goh ..Some seem to be random builds one after another. Factions.... Love the idea of pirates being wild. My suggestion would be themed and assume all 'races' occupy land in all and therefore give more of geography themes.... desert... euro .... small islands etc. Maybe a monster realm. Let races sail between but fall under a ruler for the land who they pledge aliegence to or go rouge. A look freedom and creativity... but within reason. Too many rules would push me away. Remember the new people. If I struggle to join in with a small collection at the start ill loose interest. Hope that helps rather than repeats. I'd love to be in but wouldn't be regular contributer for now as have a young son (9months) which takes up most of my time.

Just putting in my 2 Cents:

I think it could function like factions rather than guilds, 'coz there's a lot of sides to belong to in the lego pirate universe, (islanders, redcoats, bluecoats, armada, pirates) and each faction could go even deeper!.

There could be 3 Guilds Empires?, Red Coats, Blue Coats, and Armada could be used.

If you want to be a Pirate, you have to be a Privateer for one of the two or three Colonial Empires to be all piratey against the another empire. If you're indiscriminate in your piracy, you could start a civil war of some sort.

Colonies could be involved and may rise up against their empire and may find aid from another Empire to assist in the colonies cause then the colony could join that Empire if they succeed.

Natives could have been taken over by an Empire and may act in a similar manner as colonists.

Each Colonial Empire would then be comprised of Colonies, Pirates/Privateers, and Natives.

I agree that GoH is a good idea, but not having been involved from the start I feel lost.

Perhaps to counter that we do something to what yawgmoth suggested when he said that he considers everyone their own player.

What I mean by this is that we consider each participating player as their own entity, but group them under 1 of 4 (or some other number) over arching groups.

Each small group could be their own Colony, Pirate haven, Native settlement, or any combination for a particular Empire.

And I would participate too, but I fear it is a stillbirth because nowbody is writing about any process.pirate_sad2.gif

It's supposed to resemble Historica I think. I believe there's something in the works for Scifi that will be more like Heroica.

Current status on this project is unknown. Presumably a group of contributors and regulators are still working on it in private but they've kind of stopped updating.

Wanted to contribute a little bit, if this is going to happen, could we please incorporate some type of currency and trading? I asked if we could do something like that with Historica but it was shut down for not going with the theme well, however I believe that it would be essential in this type of theme due to the obsession of obtaining material wealth during the period.

I believe there's something in the works for Scifi that will be more like Heroica.

Actually, I and one or two other people who like my idea are the only ones really supporting a Sci-Fi Heroica. Bob de Quatre's project is supposed to be in the SoNE style.

I like that idea, Jakon. I can see why it might not work as well with Historica, but it would certainly fit right in with Guilds.

*carefully raises voice*

I don't want to come off as a pain in the neck... but is there really no news at all for this ambitious project? No status to share? I know you all are heavily loaded with responsibilities here on Eurobricks, some even play major roles in running GoH (which itself must be tough work!)... I'm not criticising, I'm admiring your dedication!

Please just tell us what 'the rest of us' can contribute to make this work (if there is anything)! If it is personal you need, please ask!

Any word on this would be better than no word at all.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm... This sounds like an interesting idea. I hope something like this will happen. The upcoming Pirates sets have got me really hyped up about pirates xD I'm even trying to find the parts for my old pirates (now where is Redbeard's torso!?)... It would be cool if we had pirate clans (kind of like in the manga comic One Piece by Eiichiro Oda). There is the Marines who are fighting against the pirates, and different pirate clans competing for supremacy.

^Maybe a bit too close pirate_tong.gif

I don´t even know if the "guilds" should be in the name if this project starts up.

But that is just my opinion pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by Mencot

It has been quiet indeed, I'll try to stirr up everyone...including myself pirate_laugh2.gif .

I am interested as well.

Especially as I see a decline in general activity in the forum. Is there something wrong?

I like the pirate topic very much and would be very disappointed if it should end in nirvana.