legolijntje

[Contest] LDD/LDraw Contest 2014: Build your dream home

Hi,

I mostly live in the technic forum and I usually miss the competions but I will have a go at this for the free build. I've just re-discovered LDD and have figured out how to use it.

Great competition.

H

Great contest!

Do we have to make a model from each category or just a model from one if we want (I.e. can I only make a model from the first one or do I have to make a microscale version and rendered version as well) ?

No, certainly not! You may enter the category (or categories) you like. :classic:

I don't know if this was asked already, but if I made something in LDraw for the Free Build category and then I rendered it, could I enter the same build in the Rendering category as well? I'm guessing not, but I just want to make sure.

Yes, you may use the same model you used in the free-build or micro in the rendering. You could've read that in the category explanation :tongue:

Great contest, this will be so much fun.

Two questions:

1. How flexible is this 'no size limit, but...' in the free build category? I'm asking, because I'm sitting on something that's roughly 250x150 studs...

2. Are rendered images allowed for presenting a MOC in the first two categories, or rather not wanted?

Thank you, and

Regards

Are we allowed to include small things like lawn chairs, tables, cars, etc in our entry?

-Sci

I'll definitely be entering, but I have a question.

I want to make the house I currently live in, as it's a pretty great house. But the problem is, Its exterior in a light purple colour, which doesn't exactly have a whole lot of bricks available. However, the interior should be easy to make with currently existing colours. Would this be allowed, or should I think of something else?

Great contest, this will be so much fun.

Two questions:

1. How flexible is this 'no size limit, but...' in the free build category? I'm asking, because I'm sitting on something that's roughly 250x150 studs...

2. Are rendered images allowed for presenting a MOC in the first two categories, or rather not wanted?

Thank you, and

Regards

1. Well, it's a free-build and you may go as big as you want, but it would be nice if you can keep within 100x100. But 250x150 is ok, although remember: bigger is not necessarily better :wink:
  2. Yes, rendered images are allowed to present your MOC, but if you would like to participate in the rendering contest too, you should add your best image in the rendering entry topic.

Are we allowed to include small things like lawn chairs, tables, cars, etc in our entry?

-Sci

Yes, of course! Feel free to add all kind of details to your building :classic:

I'll definitely be entering, but I have a question.

I want to make the house I currently live in, as it's a pretty great house. But the problem is, Its exterior in a light purple colour, which doesn't exactly have a whole lot of bricks available. However, the interior should be easy to make with currently existing colours. Would this be allowed, or should I think of something else?

No, that's a bit too much. A few non-existent purple bricks wouldn't be a problem, but a whole house out of purple... You can also just make it in a different color (and make a purple one for yourself if you like) :classic:

can we build a house that you wouldn't typically want to live in?

Well, it depends... It still should be some kind of home. Take for example the entry that's already submitted in the free-build category: it's a pyramid, but it has a garage, kitchen etc.

But that you wouldn't typically live in... What do you mean with that? Something that isn't very normal (like the pyramid), or something that you don't want to live in (like a room in a lava-lake without walls and roof)?

This is definitely an intriguing sounding contest. I think the most difficult part will be coming up with a design that incorporates every theme I enjoy. :sweet:

Ok, let's try to make something good. I would like to take part to this contest.

Can the entry have slapstick type of violence?

Also what about having something like football pitch inside the house?

This contest sounds right up my street, I will try to get an entry in for the Free-Build category :classic:

Can the entry have slapstick type of violence?

Also what about having something like football pitch inside the house?

Well, slapstick won't be a problem.

And, you can of course have a football pitch inside the house, if you like that :laugh:

This contest is an excellent idea! I have already started with a project for the rendering contest although I am not very interested in the prize. As I love LDraw and my SR3D-Builder!

May I ask for adding a similar prize for LDraw enthusiasts? So far as this is somehow possible. It’s just to ensure that all LDraw enthusiasts are motivated at most to give their best for the rendering competition. :wink:

So let the games begin …

Papacharly

Sounds like an interesting competition.

But why such a shot deadline? A month is not much to come up with an idea and build a good design.

This contest is an excellent idea! I have already started with a project for the rendering contest although I am not very interested in the prize. As I love LDraw and my SR3D-Builder!

May I ask for adding a similar prize for LDraw enthusiasts? So far as this is somehow possible. It’s just to ensure that all LDraw enthusiasts are motivated at most to give their best for the rendering competition. :wink:

I had similar thoughts, but since I doubt I'll win the rendering competition seeing the models some people have rendered here :oh: I just kept my thoughts to myself. :sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

One house per person or can I cook up a couple dream houses?

Well, please keep it to one home/house per person per category.

You can of course make for example a dream house with an extra building for the guests. But, it should really be one home that would get only 1 street number :wink:

Well, please keep it to one home/house per person per category.

What if I made houses for several different people? :tongue:

What about adding a work in progress thread? Or should that kind of stuff wait til after you enter?

But why such a shot deadline? A month is not much to come up with an idea and build a good design.

How do you mean a month? Looking in the calender, it is about 6 and a half weeks from the day of the announcement, so we was hoping it would be enough.