Hello Eurobricks members!

img_1872.jpg

Today I would like to show you my mobile crane. I didn`t know, that mobile crane is very difficult model to build. I had about 3 months a chassis to my mobile crane, but I spent a lot of time to bulid a tower to this crane. I am glad that I managed to finish my model before the official release of a new set 42009. My mobile crane is full remoted control

Specifications of mobile crane:

Length: 57 cm

Width:19 cm / with the outriggers 33 cm

Height: 25 cm / after lifting boom 58 cm / after extension boom 84 cm

Length of boom 46 cm / after extension 74 cm

Weight: 3130 grams

img_1964.jpg_thumb.jpg

Power Functions:

7 x PF M motor

1 x PF XL motor

4 x PF IR receiver

3 x PF IR remote control

2 x PF battery box

Functions:

drive for 4 wheels

drive.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1955.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1975.jpg_thumb.jpg

steering

steering.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1973.jpg_thumb.jpg

outriggiers

outriggers.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1957.jpg_thumb.jpg

rotation 360 degrees

rotation_360_degrees.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1959.jpg_thumb.jpg

Functions of tower:

winch___extension_boom___lifting_boom1.jpg_thumb.jpg winch___extension_boom___lifting_boom2.jpg_thumb.jpg winch___extension_boom___lifting_boom3.jpg_thumb.jpg winch___extension_boom___lifting_boom4.jpg_thumb.jpg

lifting boom

lifting_boom.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1937.jpg_thumb.jpg

extension boom, 2 sections

extension_boom.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_1954.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_1938.jpg_thumb.jpg

winch

winch.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1953.jpg_thumb.jpg

operator`s cab

cab_of_operator.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1933.jpg_thumb.jpg

Lifting weights:

img_1965.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1966.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1967.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_1873.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1874.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1875.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1876.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1877.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1878.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1879.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1880.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1881.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1882.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1883.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1884.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1885.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1886.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1887.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1888.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1890.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1891.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1892.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1893.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1894.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1897.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1898.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1899.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1919.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1920.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1921.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1922.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1923.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1924.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1925.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1926.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1927.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1928.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1929.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1930.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1931.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1932.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1933.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1934.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1936.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1937.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1938.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1940.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1941.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1942.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1943.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1944.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1945.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1946.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1947.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1948.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1949.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1950.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1951.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1952.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1960.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1961.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1962.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1963.jpg_thumb.jpg

BS Gallery

Lego site

Edited by legosamigos

Very well done. I could imagne this to also be cool as a firefighter truck with ladder!

Very nice truck crane. Looks like something the Manitex crane company would build.

Very well done. I could imagne this to also be cool as a firefighter truck with ladder!

I had already a fire truck with ladder

Very nice truck crane. Looks like something the Manitex crane company would build.

...or this

Very nice crane! I like all the CAD pictures you've created. They give a nice overview of how the various mechanisms work.

I try the best :)

Edited by legosamigos

Nice, i like it. The cabin detail though, i would have used dark bluish grey insted of the light grey as you did.

Wow! This is not only an incredible model, I love the way you presented each feature by showing a cutaway of the mechanical drive system. Reminds me of Technicopedia! :laugh:

Great crane Legosamigos.

It is a shame you could not try and hide the receivers in a more better better place.

Wow! This is not only an incredible model, I love the way you presented each feature by showing a cutaway of the mechanical drive system. Reminds me of Technicopedia! :laugh:

Someones 'plugin' there site. :snicker:

Great crane Legosamigos.

It is a shame you could not try and hide the receivers in a more better better place.

Someones 'plugin' there site. :snicker:

I talked with Lugpol members and I told them, that I have not enough space to put IR receiver inside. A tower is too small. If I put IR receivers inside, I can not open a boom. See pictures below

img_1996.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1997.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1998.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1999.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2000.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2001.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2002.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2003.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2004.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_2006.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2007.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2008.jpg_thumb.jpg img_2009.jpg_thumb.jpg

What about buying ether the rechargeable or the AAA battery box and replacing the AA with it?

That change should generate enough room for the receivers to be placed on top of the battery box.

What about buying ether the rechargeable or the AAA battery box and replacing the AA with it?

That change should generate enough room for the receivers to be placed on top of the battery box.

Does it mean a black one? Maybe it is a good idea, but I have only 5 or 6 these grey battery boxes

Edited by legosamigos

Give it up for legoamiogos! very well done, this very cool model is for me now the second best mobile crane directly placed after Jennifer Clarks mobile crane (but this one is hard to beat IMO)...

What i like most is the completely different look compared with all these 8421-look cranes and and a unique feature with the cabin movement...very well done motorization...

But i would second Alasdair's suggestion about the battery box 8878.. it could really allow to place the IR receivers somehow inside because currently they almost destroy the look of this beautiful model....

Give it up for legoamiogos! very well done, this very cool model is for me now the second best mobile crane directly placed after Jennifer Clarks mobile crane (but this one is hard to beat IMO)...

What i like most is the completely different look compared with all these 8421-look cranes and and a unique feature with the cabin movement...very well done motorization...

But i would second Alasdair's suggestion about the battery box 8878.. it could really allow to place the IR receivers somehow inside because currently they almost destroy the look of this beautiful model....

I`m not going to beat anybody, especial Jennifer Clarks :D It`s true, my model is different, like most of the Liebherr cranes. Battery box 8878 is smaller, so I`m going to change the look of my model, but... to another MOC :) not for crane ;) Some details in my mobile crane come from 8053, 8421 and new set 42009, f.e. openning outriggers comes from 8421, a boom and gearbox, does it mean winch, extension boom and lifting boom come from 8053 and design of operator`s cabin comes from new set 42009 :)

Her crane isn't all Lego or am i mistaken with someone else's crane?