The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Hype! :)

I'm excited for the idea of a garage, I actually really enjoy having vehicles to go with my modular buildings on occasion as I've explained in a previous post of mine. I seem to be in the minority when I say that I feel that they don't quite have enough vehicles yet (only three so far), and this one would fix that in my opinion. I hope that it isn't fully two-floored like the PC and BB, since the last corner with a third floor was eight years ago (soon to be nine) with the GE. I doubt that it will have an international style roof that the CC and GG had, despite it being a while since we last saw it (it made a small appearance in the brick bank, but that's it).

I've internally predicted that they might do mechanics garage as a corner building since 2012, and I'll be very happy if they have chosen to do that since I've been wanting another garage (the fire brigade is currently lonely in that regard). I'm excited to see the next car as well, believe it or not! Hopefully it has a roof this time! :grin:

Edited by Overcold

1 minute ago, ncx said:

i suggest deleting that after what Lego Ambassador said yesterday

Thanks, but I think it should be okay seeing as it's not revealing anything that hasn't already been said or mentioned earlier.

Just now, The_Nev said:

Thanks, but I think it should be okay seeing as it's not revealing anything that hasn't already been said or mentioned earlier.

there was a reason why i didnt post it. but whatever...

A garage is a great idea, to be honest.    The 1920s-1950s era is synonymous with car culture and it's easy to see how it could complement the Diner's Streamline Moderne aesthetic.    This is a much better choice than a police station.

Just now, CopperTablet said:

A garage is a great idea, to be honest.    The 1920s-1950s era is synonymous with car culture and it's easy to see how it could complement the Diner's Streamline Moderne aesthetic.    This is a much better choice than a police station.

if its art deco / streamlined.  but totally agree, don't need a police station, they make one every 2 years...

With all due respect for Lego and all their employees, I have no idea why we should refrain from discussing leaks out of respect for their wishes. I am their customer and if I enjoy discussing this type of information on a public forum that is what I will do. 

56 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

I would not be surprised if it would be a garage, as it was mentioned a time ago too.

i thought the designer of the DD said he originally wanted it to be a car dealership with at least 2 or more cars but he couldnt get it done or approved.

56 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

When a garage was mentioned on here back in September, it was also rumored to have a Vet surgery on the upper floor.

That would make it more appealing. 

But finally. We have a clue. I'll hold off on any critique, if I even have one, until we get pictures.

This is so fun!! I check in several times each hour, both here and IG/Google. Hopefully we`re only days from the reveal and the recent garage rumour is setting the discussion on fire! Can`t wait! :cry_happy::drool: Bring it on!!

1 hour ago, Hive said:

A bloody garage?? Really?

And I thought the diner was bad...

Oh well, one can always hope that they'll at least re-release one of the older modulars as well next year.

I originally wasn't a fan of the Diner, but it's grown on me. It's not my favorite modular I own by far, and I do rate it at the bottom with GE of my collection, but it's a pretty cool set.

25 minutes ago, CopperTablet said:

24 minutes ago, ncx said:

if its art deco / streamlined.  but totally agree, don't need a police station, they make one every 2 years...

I would like a modular police station at some point, especially if it's a corner building, but with the architecure they're going for, a garage does make sense. I just hope it looks good as for me, a garage is incredibly boring.

Has anyone found any MOCs in this Garage theme? I've done a brief search and couldn't find anything.

Edited by Huaojozu

16 minutes ago, Ggroup said:

actually, a modular police station would make sense, after the fire brigade was released. 

Exactly. Then they'd have to do a hospital, but I don't think a modular would be great for a hospital. A minute-clinic would absolutely be doable though.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

When a garage was mentioned on here back in September, it was also rumored to have a Vet surgery on the upper floor.

Yes. It seemed the most logical regarding what they often do. Let's see how it turns out. This time, my expectations are not at all high, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, TheBeefThief said:

If they include motorcycles instead of cars, it will allow more pieces to be used in the building instead of the vehicles ??

very good point  we have gotten a car in the more recent ones. would be nice to see a big corner building, similar in size to town hall

Some dude also said that the next modular will be something that lego has done many times before. And a garage has definitely been done a few times. 

I've been hoping for a garage in a modern style to go next to the dinner.

I think I'd prefer just two floors (on the left) with a larger 48x32 footprint that could still form a corner modular.

2 hours ago, Hive said:

A bloody garage?? Really?

And I thought the diner was bad...

Oh well, one can always hope that they'll at least re-release one of the older modulars as well next year.

And THAT is why leaks are a bad thing.

I don't know if I like the idea of a garage but I'll wait for official images for judgement. I doubt the model will be bad, and I'm sure it will have some great building techniques. Even if I'm not a huge fan of the model I'll probably buy it anyway like the diner

33 minutes ago, Brick Dangerous said:

And THAT is why leaks are a bad thing.

If you say so. :laugh:

52 minutes ago, Honbushu said:

I think I'd prefer just two floors (on the left) with a larger 48x32 footprint that could still form a corner modular.

I don't think a 48x32 footprint would happen for this one, mainly since the Assembly Square was their anniversary build.

1 hour ago, Huaojozu said:

Has anyone found any MOCs in this Garage theme? I've done a brief search and couldn't find anything.

I found some on Lego Ideas...

Just now, paupadros said:

Doesn't "garage" scream "Mike Psiaki" to you guys?

Yep. I think in the video when he talks about the prototypes of the diner, namely the car dealership, he points out the garage door element at the back and mentions how he wants to use that in a future build. All signs point to Mike designing this one.:classic: