The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

There was some promotional sets in that style (Toys'r'us ? or another store like that)

They're always Toys R Us sets and I've never seen them in the UK. They're listed on the website but I never saw them in stock.

In another thread, there is a rumor that City will have a hospital theme in the summer wave of 2017. For those hoping for a hospital, this could be encouraging, although it will probably not come in the form of a modular. If the City hospital is good enough to be a parts pack, there is a reasonable chance of converting it into one. This is not to say that the next modular would not have a medical theme, but it will certainly not be a working hospital. A doctor/dental practice would work, or it could be something entirely different. I do hope there is at least some residential space in the next one, even if it is over a business like in Pet Shop or Parisian Restaurant.

They're always Toys R Us sets and I've never seen them in the UK. They're listed on the website but I never saw them in stock.

Also they were free with $60 or $75 purchase or $20 each and I still think some TRUs in the USA have some in stock for half off. They really were not welcomed or did well at all. Which is why they went back to minifigure packs, even if they suck this year.

I've never seen a non-modular set building converted into modular which looked good... or good enough to be on par with the rest. If I had to buy 4x a set to build something, i'd rather just design the whole thing from scratch.

It's September now, the time when first rumors start to appear. All we can guess for now, is it's not a corner building.

^Harsh. I've seen quite a few decent looking conversions. I will have to post the few I've done sometime. It is actually quite fun keeping the same idea of the official set, but making it into a modular. And you shouldn't have to buy 4x of one set to do it. There really are only a handful of pieces that you would require beyond what the set offers, mainly extra bricks to flesh it out.

From reading previous posts including mine, looks like the consensus for a next modular is more residential/living space for minifugres. Make me happy to see others want this too. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Should I buy the Lego brick bank or Lego Parisian restraunt. I not sure which one to get.

Definitely go with Parisian restaurant. The bank is decent but the restaurant stood out to me as one of the best in the last few years. Green Grocer/Parisian Restaurant/Town Hall are probably my favorites.

From reading previous posts including mine, looks like the consensus for a next modular is more residential/living space for minifugres. Make me happy to see others want this too. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I honestly wouldn't mind getting a large apartment building (like $200-250 town hall sized) with a lot of space inside with some empty rooms you can put your own stuff in. If it fits the theme it'd really add some life to a good Lego city

Should I buy the Lego brick bank or Lego Parisian restraunt. I not sure which one to get.

I'll cast a third vote for the Parisian Restaurant. The detail is outstanding and all areas of the model are easy to access, unlike the Brick Bank and its many moving parts on the interior. The design of the Parisian is also much better and it looks good from all angles, while the Brick Bank does not look good at all from the back.

I like the idea of Lego releasing a normal building like other years and then for the 10 year anniversary they release a park or some sort of smaller set that still works for the modular street.

Edited by DMoney

If this is your first modular, I would shy away from the restaurant because it'll make you want to buy ALL the modulars. Happened to me.

If this is your first modular, I would shy away from the restaurant because it'll make you want to buy ALL the modulars. Happened to me.

OMG the exact same thing happened to me! I started with the Parisian Restaurant and before long, I had all but the first 3 modulars. It's scary.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting a large apartment building (like $200-250 town hall sized) with a lot of space inside with some empty rooms you can put your own stuff in. If it fits the theme it'd really add some life to a good Lego city

Completely agree, and if its not the 2017 modular, then i hope it happens for a future modular. It really is needed.

Definitely Paris restaurant. So great....way better than brick back in terms of colour scheme, overall design and everything. I do wish 2017 would come to us with classic style, decent colour scheme with volume like Greengrocer.

I do wish 2017 would come to us with classic style, decent colour scheme with volume like Greengrocer.

Who doesn't wish for that. But it's not likely. A set like that would propably be 200-250€ if they kept the detailing on the same level they've reached with the newer modulars. And the unnecessary play features need sparts aswell...

I just don't see it - especiall with 3 other big building sets on the market right now (Ghostbusters Fire Station & the two Simpsons sets)

This thread got me to searching about the "reveal" date for the current Modular Building, the Brick Bank.

It was on Oct 11 2015 at BricKorea.

If they stick to the timeline, we could be getting some news about the 2017 set in a couple of weeks.

This thread got me to searching about the "reveal" date for the current Modular Building, the Brick Bank.

It was on Oct 11 2015 at BricKorea.

If they stick to the timeline, we could be getting some news about the 2017 set in a couple of weeks.

The time for the reveal can't come soon enough. Im anxious. :grin:

Oct 11 was the actual reveal for the Brick Bank, but the fact that it was a bank plus a few details about leaked ahead of that time.   That means we should be finding out something very quickly assuming they are on the same timeline for the release of the next modular.  

I hope they go back to a single use set, the last two with their combo package (Detective Office/Pool Hall/barber and Bank/Laundry) doesn't seem to do either of them justice.  Sometimes getting all fancy with stories and multi combos and all that...just not the right way to go.  There is a reason why they call it the KISS method.  Anxious to hear about the next one as well.

After the first pictures of the next modular, i always immediately start planning en drawing how i can make an XL version of it.. that is already a lot of fun to do.. After getting the new sets, it still is a suprise of how things turn out!  Solving architectural problems is also part of the fun....but sometimes difficult!  I hope there is news on the new modular this weekend.... the wait was long and hard!!

I don't mind what it is, just that it's available more widely.  Where I live we can only get the modulars from larger Manor stores (I'm in Switzerland, they're a department store, like John Lewis in the UK, or Bloomingdales in the US), and even then, the only models I've been able to locate this year have been the detectives office, and the cinema.  Given I think that brick bank was 2015 model, its a bit annoying that you can't find it for sale.  Shop at home is not an option as shipping and taxation add to the cost to a prohibitive level.