I think that part on the bottom of the chassis is just one of these32184.gif. It's hard to make out in the picture, but I think there are some black beams on either side of it. That part is located directly below the turntable and probably supports the axle that runs through the center of the turntable.

Just my guess....

It looks to me like the wheels on the new mobile crane are the same ones used on the Unimog - are they? I get my tires and wheels confused all the time...

Here is a 400% enlargement of that Lego Technic 42009 Mobile Crane MkII's underbelly (click on the image to see FULL SIZE):

Here is the original photo, which I scaled down to save on bandwidth (I'm on roaming internet) to see if anyone was interested.

Oh yeah I see what he,s talking about, might be a 3 x 5 frame.

A 3xn frame would be pointless.

Indeed, you can not put 2 gears at 90° in it.

It looks like it has a 8 with stop axle in it, but the thing is not attached anywhere else so it would just spin around, or they are using it as a washer ?

Dan

This tread is quiet from other years for sure, I remember 8043 and 8110 there was so much excitement :)

I don't think lego will do any more big cranes after this year!

Edited by davidmull

I don't think this new piece is just an angle connector, as there is no pin in the center pin hole, and nothing on either side. my guess is that it is a new piece that looks like this:

+___+

+ +

Or maybe it's a 5x4 c frame piece that everybody's been wanting. you know, like the male torque tube part, without the ball joint?

Edited by Saberwing40k

This tread is quiet from other years for sure, I remember 8043 and 8110 there was so much excitement :)

I don't think lego will do any more big cranes after this year!

They got a six axle coming next year! :classic:

Hell yes, a 6 axle vehicle would be EPIC!

2 extra wheels from this year,mmm very easy excite you! But people a very excited about new outriggers this year it has to be a reason to spend nearly 200€ on an other crane lol :)

2 extra wheels from this year,mmm very easy excite you! But people a very excited about new outriggers this year it has to be a reason to spend nearly 200€ on an other crane lol :)

I don't understand how you can't appreciate the outriggers. Outriggers are used in very many technic sets, and this is the biggest step forward we have ever seen imo. They are brilliant.

They are the most functional outriggers to date for sure, I think what Mr Mull was getting at (correct me if i'm wrong David) is that, as good as they are, that's really the only new thing this crane adds to the many cranes of the past, so hardley worth spending over $200.

David was thinking more in the line of a Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1:

(with pneumatics of course :wink)

http://baumaschinen-...el/263/pictures

732_03__06764.1358870102.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.diecastmo...e-crane-yellow/

Now, that would be a flagship :laugh:

What's that PF item above the battery box?

That's a sound brick.

http://www.bricklink....asp?P=55206c02

55206c02.jpg?0

Edited by Gekke Ted