1.jpg

Sariel (Paweł Kmieć) posted his BEAUTIFUL :wub:Lego Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster on his website. It is a "Model of one of the most beautiful cars of the 30′s. Features drive, steering, working steering wheel and lights."

"Datasheet:

Completion date: 11/12/2012

Power: electric (8878 battery)

Dimensions: length 54 studs / width 18 studs / height 16 studs

Weight: 1.266 kg

Suspension: none

Propulsion: 2 x PF L motor geared 1:1

Motors: 1 x PF L, 1 x PF Servo"

dsc03535.jpg

original2.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Because my dear boy, he would,nt have the time to build awesome models like this if he was spending all his other time entertaining the likes of you, LMAO :)

Can I ask why you did not let sariel post his own work? :look:

It's fine, I didn't feel like posting this MOC here after my previous topic turned into something like AngryBirds.

Also, I will be probably releasing free building instruction for this model sometime soon, because I'm an egoistic, self-proclaimed rockstar who wants to have patent on everything.

Yeah, it's a real pity about the whitewall tires. I was even experimenting with paint and stickers, but it all failed.

Edited by Sariel

WOW :wub: This is. I MUST have this. Seriously. You could add a flattr button and a paypal donation button on your instruction distribution website :wink: I would be really happy to get the instructions.

When I first looked at the picture of your model, Sariel, I thought I was looking at the real thing! this is AMAZING :wub:

Wow! This is just beautiful. I want one. No, make that two - a red one and a black one. :wub:

This is amazing, the chrome really works well and there is so much of it. I doubt I could afford/be patient enough to have that many bricks chromed

Yeah, it's a real pity about the whitewall tires. I was even experimenting with paint and stickers, but it all failed.

That sucks, have you tried plasti dip? maybe its a north american thing but where I used to live there was a older man who sanded his car's tires then used the plasti dip aerosol spray and they looked pretty good.

I have this car as a "diecast" metal model, but this version is awesome. And not only a display model, but fully functional. Great work. :thumbup:

I love it Sariel. As a hot rod owner I love the lines of thirties cars and you have captured so many of the details brilliantly.

Is it possible to make the compound curves of the fenders on these cars out of lego at all?

If instructions are available, I look forward to seeing what hot rods can be made from your base.

Thanks

Surly

@ Sariel: Pay no heed to those unkind words lobbed at you in that previous topic; they were done by "strangers" to this forum who are not representative of your many fans here. I (for one) consider you the best Lego Technic MOCcer in the world, and your willingness to share your work (on your website, Facebook page, and new Technic book) has elevated this hobby to new heights. With "exposure" comes some (undeserved) criticism, but don't let that deter you from your joy in building with Lego! :classic:

You captured the "lines" of the car very well, and I like how the red parts cover up the unattractive Lego Power Functions elements. I know that you don't often keep your MOCs intact for very long (before building another one), but are you going to keep this beauty intact? Or, will you have to dismantle it to prepare the Building Instructions?

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

dsc03661.jpg

dsc03581.jpg

WOW *oh2*

That is so amazing!!!!!!!

I agree with Dluders, I also think that you are the best Technic builder in the world. You always seem to come up with the most innovative projects that I just don't see anyone else doing.

Can I ask why you did not let sariel post his own work? :look:

I think that it shows a great deal of class and respect when people create topics for builders.

I know that you don't often keep your MOCs intact for very long (before building another one), but are you going to keep this beauty intact? Or, will you have to dismantle it to prepare the Building Instructions?

Thanks. It's intact for now, I'm thinking of making small "fixes" to make it more durable before I turn in into instruction, as well as of some details, I have noticed that it could use red 1x1 round plates, or even better, round tiles, on the center of each wheel cover. But I will have to dismantle it to make a model for instruction, and I can't keep it anyway. It uses too many pieces that I'm going to need sooner or later.

The funny thing, it really is a simple model, and it was fairly straightforward to build. I hope it means it will be easy to build from instruction. I'm eager to see some improvements and mods on it, and to see a black version, of course :)

Edited by Sariel

Sariel, as many have mentioned here, this is a great looking model! :thumbup:

I too am one of the (many) people that bought your book because of your style, knowledge, ideas and work. You have nothing but my respect for the work that you did and do, ignore the haters ! :wink:

Brilliant model Sariel! :thumbup:

And don't let the whiners get to you, you've inspired and helped me on many occasions (even if you didn't know it) and I did not give you a dime.