Sign in to follow this  
TooMuchCaffeine

Superman flies!

I have been fiddling about with this idea for months and finally got it to work. The TV features a scrolling backdrop effect to make it look like Superman is flying.

6660013595_b081243e98.jpg

Check out the video of the TV in action. You'll believe a minifig can fly.

Hope you like it.

Edited by TooMuchCaffeine

Are you kidding me?! This is insane! I can't even think right now, this MOC has me baffled and speechless. The TV is great!

A working TV and a great show on! It's great even without Superman flying. The idea of a moving screen is great, and how you did it is just fascinating. My only moving bricks are the one falling off a building :sad: , and your TV screen is moving by 'itself'. That's admiring! :oh:

Congrats TooMuchCaffeine to a really really well built MOC, so clean & retro looking :thumbup:! It look smooth and easy the way the background moved. And you´re breaking new ground in ways to use LEGO - cudos for that also :sweet: .

Woah, very cool and creative! It looks like it might have been frustrating to get to work, though... was it easy? The TV itself is also neat, the retro look was done well. :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind comments folks, they are much appreciated. And thanks very much for the front-page feature - that was a very pleasant surprise. I'm glad you like this.

Woah, very cool and creative! It looks like it might have been frustrating to get to work, though... was it easy? The TV itself is also neat, the retro look was done well. :thumbup:

Getting the backdrop built and turning wasn't particularly frustrating. The difficulty came when trying to motorise it. I must have had to rebuild it about eight times after running it too fast and watching it fly to pieces. I finally got the gearing right and it seems to run pretty sweetly now.

And thanks very much for the front-page feature - that was a very pleasant surprise. I'm glad you like this.

CorneliusMurdock pointed it out to me. And yes, I love it too! :wub_drool: It reminds me of toys I had when I was a kid.

Amazing. It's often said you can build anything out of Lego that you can imagine, I think you may have just proved that truer than anyone would have thought.

And thanks very much for the front-page feature - that was a very pleasant surprise. I'm glad you like this.

Shouldn't have come as much of a surprise. This thing is spectacular! From concept to execution, genius.

Can someone say ridiculous? This is amazing. Never would I imagine seeing something like this.

Great work. I can't wait to see more. (Even if it doesn't move).

That is BRILLIANT! :wub: :wub: This must of taken forever to think up! Keep up the good work!

Awesome! Great Idea!

Do you have some pictures of inside?

I hope we will se some other movies!

Felipe

My jaw dropped to the table, unbelievable man, this is totally mind-blowing work 'TMC'....a lot of coffee was drank to create this ! :laugh:

I too would like to know the secret behind the TV screen (though the sets design for the UK leans towards the 1940's/1950's 405-Line era sets - black and white too....tiger is a TV repair guy you see). :wink:

Congrats on being front paged too. :sweet:

Again totally AWESOME work 'TMC' ! :excited: