74louloute

Paris 1930

After presenting you the MOC of the Juva 4, I predicted a following MOC.

So, here is an everyday life in Paris in the 30's :

5711239028_0df498dff4_z.jpg

2_800x600.jpg

cimg0633_800x600.jpg

cimg0634_800x600.jpg

cimg0648_800x600.jpg

cimg0649_800x600.jpg

cimg0650_800x600.jpg

cimg0651_800x600.jpg

cimg0653_800x600.jpg

BS gallery once moderated : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=472535

I will show this at the Fanabriques event, in France in June.

Hope you will like it, I'm waiting for your comments and criticism ! :)

Edited by 74louloute

Beautiful stuff!! The buildings are great and I love all the little details like the pram, newspaper seller, advertising display, pigeons etc

Nice work!!

Really a nice MOC. I especially like the interior of the street, the street light and the advertising pillar. I like that kind of interior. Personally, I'd like to make a newspaper stand or cafe like that. You know, with the green verdigris roof, maybe a clock on the top. But thumps up for your work.

OMG ! *oh2*

This creation is a piece of sheer beauty ! :wub:

'74louloute' you have out done yourself this time.....such detail, but the only thing missing is a typical French police officer. :wink:

AWESOME work and Brick On '74louloute' ! :grin:

Awe-inspiring.

The whole display is superb - mainly because of the incredible detailing: A fantastic baby stroller, beautiful colours, minifigs that are perfect for the time... and that tiny toy sailboat is pure genius.

Makes me want to go to France in June just to see it :)

Edit: I just realized I forgot to mention the cobblestone streets. That was the first thing that I noticed. Quite a few of the streets in the town where I live are covered with cobblestone, and it's a pain to drive on, but it sure looks good...

Edited by L@go

I love all the details, the individuality of each fig really brings emotion to this MOC.

Plus I love all those modular build right next to each other.

Great work.

That´s simply beautiful and I love all those incredible details that give this scene such a great atmosphere.

Fantastic work!

Stunning MOC, 74louloute! It's definitely reminiscent of an old-timey scene in Paris. There are some really neat details like the easel and the round news billboard (not sure what those are called). The minifigures are also nice, my favorite being the old man with the loaf of bread. The girl with minifig hands as feet creates a nice effect (at least from the sides), and I like the combination of Lucius Malfoy's torso (coat print) with the dark green dress.

Of course, the modular buildings are great as well.

74louloute I love the fountain, the cars, the streets, the door, the tree, the *head exploded*

Great work on this! :classic: Now I must finally start my Moc. :tongue:

Simply amazing creation 74louloute! Everything - from the classic architecture, intricate details, to the vehicles, and even the custom purist minifigs - are all beautifully done to convey a realistic 1930's Paris street scene. Truly an impressive work! :thumbup:

Wonderful Parisian streetscape, 74louloute.

So many great details as others have mentioned. The round billboard thing is a particular feature that adds to the French feel.

Very well done.

:classic: :classic:

Besides the lovely facades and the cars, I really like all the little details you put into this. :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

C'est Magnifique!

What I really like about this approach to building is that it provides a town setting in an almost "stage setting" 2 dimensional approach. When I see the prices that TLG wants for their PET SHOP or GREEN GROCER sets from LEGO... I see sticker shock for some people who cannot afford the over 1000 piece sets.

This approach to 2 dimensional building is in my opinion a much better approach for TLG. That way if you want to finish off the building on all 4 sides, then you may go ahead and spend the extra money (on Bricklink or elsewhere)... but are not forced to spend large sums for them if you don't want them.

I bet TLG would sell a lot more sets, at cheaper prices obviously, if they used this 2 dimensional approach. After all... do you all really want the same looking Main Street in each of your towns??

Again a great diorama... and some great ideas that maybe TLG could learn something from!

A great layout!!

Cheers,

Gary Istok

Hey, well done my friend !

Can't wait to see it at fanabrique in June !

Sure the final dio will be very great ;)

Well what can I say? Brilliant creation! Beautiful facades and tons of details. I've looked at the pictures a couple of times now and I found a new detail every time. To sum up a few of the things I love: advertising pillar, tree (really creative!), cars ( but then again I have a weakness for oldtimers :classic: ), the street and of course the people. In other words I love it all!

Clever techniques, nice vehicles, excellent building facades and loads of details - you've just got to love this. Well done, and thanks for sharing this with us!

May be one of the most fascinating MOC's I've ever seen. The road is well detailed, the buildings have such amazing technique's added to them, and the figures fit nicely along with the scenery. And an excellent job with the tree, never seen that technique on a tree before. Fabulous job!

Great MOC, love the small details, windows on the buildings look great, Just beat me to it though as my 30/40s street scene is coming along soon!