Bonaparte

10218 Pet Shop

I'll add this to my collection at some point, though I'm TICKED about the price! :angry:

Considering that the CDN dollar is worth more than the Yankee buck, I would have expected a slightly better price point.

I'll wait for it to go on sale. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks for the videos, Bonaparte!

Hopefully this set will be available in Windsor. And I wouldn't reject it, if it was discounted "just" for eventees. :laugh:

Once again a great addition to my modular street (CC, MS, GG, FB, GE and my post office MOC).

The two parted house is a nice move to freely add this to your own scene. Be it next to each other or seperated.

One question though: The dog is new??? Yet another? I thought it was exactly the same dog like in the new city sets?

EDIT: I forgot :blush:: Well done, Jamie! :wub:

I've warmed up to this since the first pictures were released a few days ago. It's really growing on me. Now that there's some larger, more detailed pictures, I can finally appreciate the subtleties. :classic:

OOH 360!

Icon_360-view_7.gif

and the web site at lego is now up!

enjoy!

To hell with malcontents!!! :laugh:

It`s beautiful!!!

Agree... haven't commented in the other thread about it; I didn't think it was so bad. Now I think it's beautiful.

To those of you who are moaning about the price:

It is now listed on the Norwegian Shop@Home pages - for NOK 1599. With today's exchange rates (because the Norwegian currency is currently very strong compared to most other currencies), that translates to €201, £179, and US$293.

A great set, yes. Robbery at broad daylight, yes again.

I sure will pick this up when I'm going to London in June. £119.99? It's a third of the price off. A bargain.

To those of you who are moaning about the price:

It is now listed on the Norwegian Shop@Home pages - for NOK 1599. With today's exchange rates (because the Norwegian currency is currently very strong compared to most other currencies), that translates to €201, £179, and US$293.

A great set, yes. Robbery at broad daylight, yes again.

I sure will pick this up when I'm going to London in June. £119.99? It's a third of the price off. A bargain.

WOW! That's a crazy exchange rate!? Finally the video came out. Now we just need the set to come out. This is going to be a long next few days...

Jamie is my hero, after watching the video and seeing these great pictures he has absolutely delivered on his aim to keep coming up with something new, while complementing the existing modulars. When you consider the influence and inspiration this modular series has had on the AFOL community he really is to be congratulated. Every time a new building comes out there are those that find faults, yet my experience is that when you get to actually build them I am genuinely excited and delighted at the innovative techniques and great design. I am really looking forward to this build I have a spot in my town ready to go.

Is that a white pot used as toilet bowl?

LEGO you sly dogs.

Simply beautiful. I am really looking forward to adding this to my modular street. Some great details. I love the fish tank. :cry_happy:

I like the fact that this set can break up the street a bit, with it being two smaller buildings rather than one large one. Good choice on the part of the designers.

Wonderful images! Thanks for sharing this Boney! :thumbup: Two lovely modular buildings with some nice new elements (paint roller, newly-printed dog and cat), it's truly a great and welcome addition to every modular building collector.

Is that a white pot used as toilet bowl?

Gives new meaning to that old phrase about "not having a pot to p-ss in."

Does anyone know (or can guess) how the "PETS" sign is made?

I'm inclined to believe it's built similar to the "1932" on the Fire Brigade, but in Jamie's video, he says it's a little different.

I admit to being slightly underwhelmed when the first shots leaked, but after seeing the official images and videos, I am definitely liking this one now. Still wish there were a few more animals in the pet shop, but that's a minor quibble.

I like that Jamie has gone from working with only parts in production to bringing back forgotten colors and bricks from the 1980s :classic:

Does anyone know (or can guess) how the "PETS" sign is made?

I'm inclined to believe it's built similar to the "1932" on the Fire Brigade, but in Jamie's video, he says it's a little different.

As you can see in one of the images, it is a bit different. Instead of using a bit of a convoluted method like the one in FB using many minifig claws and lamp-holders, this one uses two horizontal aerials and a bunch of 1x1 clip-plates (of both angles - 90 degree and 180). It simplifies the whole technique and provides an easy way to fit it in such a small space.

Man, i'm loving this one. The fact you can split them apart, the spiral staircase, the lettering and the little basement are just calling to me, not to mention all that yummy sand blue!! :wub: How oh how am i going to afford it, that is the perennial question... *sigh*

I admit to being slightly underwhelmed when the first shots leaked, but after seeing the official images and videos, I am definitely liking this one now. Still wish there were a few more animals in the pet shop, but that's a minor quibble.

I like that Jamie has gone from working with only parts in production to bringing back forgotten colors and bricks from the 1980s :classic:

I feel the same way. I was a bit disappointed but that was based on pictures that weren't the best. Seeing the new pics, seeing Jamie's video...

...never mind what I said in the other thread. I'm sold. I was always sold, but now I'm totally sold. :D

Australia's price is AU$269.99.

On Current exchange rate that puts us at almost double the US Pricing.

I think Australia is fast becoming the most expensive country in the world for.... everything.

Jamie Berard- a living God.

Bear in mind that I am somewhat inebriated as I write this- that said, given the quality of this piece, I feel it is unlikely that I would wish to eat my words.

This is a wonderful looking set, and I think I may have to get multiple copies of it.

I think based on past releases, you will see the end of the Grand Emporium in the near future. On the back of the box, the Grand Emporium is pictured on the left, and if you look at the sets going back to Green Grocer, the next one to be discontinued is always on the left.

Thoughts?

Locutis

pet-08.jpg

Suicidal cat! :tongue: Dont jump! Dont jump! :laugh:

This modular looks pretty cool to me. I love how versatile they made it. I could definitely see the pet shop next to the Market Street modular. My favourite part of the new set has to be the cellar doors at the back :wub: And the way it connects inside with the trap door is awesome. Would be even more awesome if they added a bit of a floor to it though. I think Lego should create more of these sets and its great to see they are using different widths with their own buildings. I wonder if they will go for a wider building than usual next?

I was on the fence about this one because I don't build in the colors that make up the majority of this set.

But now I WANT IT (especially if it follows the Grand Emporium and appears at retail here in .au)

I am especially miffed that I never got a Green Grocer :(