Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia Sign-Ups

I'd love to be in this game!

I haven't been in any mafia games, but I have tried a lot of times. I have read throught many of them, and followed some as well, so I do understand the basic rules and gameplay!

And for the HP part, I've read the books, I've seen the movies, I've played the games, and I've loved it! :sweet:

I were a BIG HP fan a couple of years ago, and I still love it!

Edited by filip skywalker

1) What is your experience with mafia games, here and elsewhere?

I've played 2 mafia games (Infection/prohibition), won one, lost one.

2) What is your relationship with the Harry Potter -franchise?

Have and read all the books, seen most of the films (only liked the first 2)

oh, and random people on the street call me harry potter (chavs mostly as an insult) and i always want to say 'I know I almost was, I reached the final 5 auditionees' but i don't.

EDIT: If the winners of this game don't get a tag or signature of 'The Team Who Lived' I'm going to be very annoyed

Edited by simonjedi

1. I have not participated in any mafia games on EB. But I have played mafia games elsewhere.

2. I have read every Harry Potter book and seen every movie out so far.

Greetings from the sunny/rainy Orlando, Florida! Just checked in to say that there's still a week left for the sign-ups, so please be patient. Once the game starts, it won't stop till it's over. :wink:

Finally got to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter today, by the way, since the lines were much shorter than on Friday, the Grand Opening day (people lined up for seven hours just to get inside the park then). It was absolutely amazing, and anybody who loves Harry Potter simply must experience it!

See you in a week, guys!

Thanks for the update Sandy, I am hoping we might be able to book a holiday in Florida sometime in the next year and go there too. It sounds great. :wink:

Edited by Eskallon

My friend went there! (I asked my friend to say hi to Emma for me :tongue: ) How was it? I can't wait for the Mafia game!

I'm ba-ack! Having just unpacked our luggage filled with Chocolate Frogs, Every Flavor Beans and Pumpkin Juice (and of course, loads of LEGO hoarded from Orlando's LEGO Store), it was the perfect time to go through all your applications and choose the players for Hogwarts Mafia.

The sign-ups are now officially closed, and the players and the reserves have been selected.

I'd like to tell you about the questions you had to answer.

The first question about Mafia-experience helped me divide you into two groups: the veterans and the novices. There were 10 spots open for veteran players and 14 spots for novices, but that's not all. The group you are in also determines whether you'll be playing a member of the faculty (for veterans), or a student in Hogwarts (for novices). Cool, huh?

The second question was of course to see how enthusiastic and knowledged you are about the Harry Potter -franchise, and your answers to this question really helped me pick out the most motivated players.

So, here's the list of players. In a matter of a day or two, each of you will get a private message detailing your character, and after that you should confirm your participation to the Hogwarts Mafia in the discussion topic that's also opened soon.

The veterans (playing the faculty):

Big Cam

Dragonator

Escape The Fate

Eskallon

JimButcher

professor Flitwick

Shadows

Striker

WhiteFang

Zepher

The novices (playing the students):

ADHO15

badboytje88

Burman

CallMePie

Forresto

Inconspicuous

ILikePi

Lord Arjay

Matn

Millacol88

Oky Wan Kenobi

Roncanator

sok117

YG-49

The reserves (you will be notified if you make it to the game):

For the veterans:

1. iamded

2. def

3. Quarryman

For the novices:

1. hewkii9

2. The crazy one

3. Fugazi

4. cralegoboy

5. jamtf

6. Alex the Great

I tried to be as fair and square as possible with this selecting process, so I hope nobody's mad at me.

Well, for the 24 chosen players, you're in for a Mafia-game like you've never seen before! Stay tuned for your PMs and the discussion topic.

"Day One" of Hogwarts Mafia will start in the 1st of July, if everybody confirms their participation on time. The magic... is happening!

I just got so pumped! I'm ready for this Sandy. I feel like I haven't gotten to play a Mafia in forever, I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things. Thanks for casting me Sandy, I'm ready to go!

It's an honor to be selected for your game, Sandy! Thanks so much! I eagerly await the start of this game. :sweet:

Yay :classic:

Thanks for letting me in, on the game.

:cry_happy: Yay! My 2nd mafia game! Thanks for letting me be part of this! Maybe I'll get past Day 2 this time. :laugh:

Ah, clever questions. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this opportunity, Sandy! :sweet:

I'm looking forward to your PM and the start of this exciting game!

Great. As if I needed another place for Jimbee, Big Cam, and WhiteFang to teach me and tell me what to do! :laugh:

Just Kidding! Thanks for letting me in on the magic and fun! I'm eagerly awaiting your PM!

Oh man, I didn't make it! Oh well, I still can't wait to follow this game!! sandy, I think this will be a Mafia game to remember. I do actually like this way of filling out an "application" to join a game ( when based off of a franchise) to see who is really into it. Good luck, Sandy!!

Thanks Sandy, I am really thrilled at being chosen :cry_happy:

I can't wait until it starts.

Aww a reserve? I guess that's better than most, considering how many applied. Quick! Four of you quit so I can play! :tongue:

Ah, excellent, it's good to have tenure. :grin:

Great. As if I needed another place for Jimbee, Big Cam, and WhiteFang to teach me and tell me what to do! :laugh:

I see... they're the ones to be worried about, are they?

Stop slouching. *slaps a ruler across the desk*

:devil:

It's my honour to be part of this exciting magical mafia game experience. :wub:

Thanks Sandy.

I think it's fine to be in the reserves. Although I love Mafia games, since I'm not so interested in Harry Potter in particular, others might get more pleasure from it than me. But, if I get called on to play, watch out! :sweet:

Good luck folks, this looks to be a complicated one.