Sign in to follow this  
badboytje88

Toy Story's Wild West Town

Toy Story's Wild West Town  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you true WW fans buy this set?

• Yes! I am also a big fan of Toy Story.
    • Yes! 1 WW style set is better than no WW sets at all.
    • I might if it's on clearance.
    • No! This is not WW as we know it.
    • No! The figs are ugly.

Ok the tittle explains itself. Will you be gettin this set:

3991439650_cb960ddb8f.jpg

Pic curtusty of rabidnovaracer (if you mind me using the pic, please let me know, I will remove it)

Lets discuss about this!

~Badboy

Edited by badboytje88

I said I might buy it if it's on clearance - I already have Fort Legoredo and the Gold Rush town buildings such as sheriff's, general store and bank. I also have the WW set with an abandoned gold mine, so I wouldn't really buy this just for the figs.

The signs look a little goofy as well (of course) so they wouldn't match with the signs I already have on my buildings.

Edited by The Rancor

I might, but I won't use it as a Wild West set up. Depends if I find it on sale.

I'd probably find a way to fit it into my town as an amusement park of sorts.

It will depend on the price. I dislike the Figures, so I will not pay full retail for it. But on clearance I think it might be a reasonable source of parts, I quite like the Medium Blue Windows. I do not own any of the Western sets (i wish i did), but I do not think it would fit in without modification.

I'm going to wait for a review and also to see what the price is before I decide.

Steve

Interesting question Badboy. I've pondered on this question after first seeing the set. I have mixed views. While I like the swing doors of the sheriff's office and some of the design (at least the piece selection and colors), the entire set seems oversized to me - at least for standard minifig scale. I'm also surprised to not see the standard tan baseplate, but rather brick plates (which are useful).

I have to think about this question more? I'll probably go with "only on clearance".

Are you allowed to vote if you aren't a true WW fan? :blush:

I might buy this, and if I do, its only for the parts :sceptic:

(I could use a few of those dynamite pieces :wub: )

I will probably buy it and then trade/sell the minifigs. The amount of useful parts in nice colours is really good in this set. :thumbup: (I surely won't keep it assembled :tongue: )

I like some of the cartoony lego sets as long as they aren't too <insert that tiresome argument>. I think I'll get this, not sure about Woody or that girl as figs I want but the small little prospector dude looks cool.

Clearance is always prefered, I will wait for a review as Athos mentioned, and then go from there.

I will probably buy it and then trade/sell the minifigs. The amount of useful parts in nice colours is really good in this set. :thumbup: (I surely won't keep it assembled :tongue: )

Exactly my opinion too, it wouldn't stay built for too long, and some great looking parts too, like sky blue windows for instance.

That's a great and very interesting topic, badboytje88! :thumbup:

I voted for

No! This is not WW as we know it.

This is a licensed set from Toy Story. For people which like to get some Toy Story Lego sets it's surely a great set. And for some MOCers there might even be some good parts to get and collect.

But for a real Lego Western fan generally every licensed Western set is no real Western set - totally independant from whether the licensed set is designed good or bad.

The only chance I see in TLG releasing some Toy Story licensed Western sets is that this might again attract the interest of many JFOLs towards a possible new Western theme some time later.

Klaus-Dieter

I was only 0-1 years old at the time of the Wild West theme, so I am for sure not a Wild West fan. :grin:

However, the Toy Story set does look very interesting. I like the look of it, but I the only way I can get it is by having it on clearance.

Sure you are allowed to vote!
I don't see why not.

Well, the subtitle of this topic seemed imply that this poll is only for the people who wont buy this just because it has a Toy Story label on it. I, however, am the exact opposite of that. :blush: I have all of the old WW sets and I don't like 'em very much, but I will definitely get this set because I'm a huge Pixar fan. So if it's OK, I'll vote for the first option.

I voted for

Anybody surprised?

*nobody raises hand*

OK then. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I might get it depending on the price, but I am trying ot save more money next year so odds are I won't. I think it serves as a decent western set though, I disagree with Klaus Deiter, I think it's entirely possible to simply change it a bit and slap it right in with the rest of the western theme.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

But I agree with the other 'no': the minifigs are ugly indeed. :sick:

I don't frequesnt this part of Eurobricks much, but when I saw this thread I had to have a look. And ewwww! It looks terrible. So comicaly out of proportion and pathetic! We complained that the new Pirates was childish...that was nothing compared to this. Geez LEGO, this is no good. :thumbdown:

I don't frequesnt this part of Eurobricks much, but when I saw this thread I had to have a look. And ewwww! It looks terrible. So comicaly out of proportion and pathetic! We complained that the new Pirates was childish...that was nothing compared to this. Geez LEGO, this is no good. :thumbdown:

But it is a Toy Story set, not a Wild West set! It's supposed to be childish and toy-like!

Of course "true" Western AFOLs will complain about this set if they think it's a continuation to their precious theme. But it's not, so quit your whining about that, please. :tongue:

Criticism of LEGO producsts is totally alright in my eyes, but at least criticize them for what they are, not what they aren't. It's like complaining that Duplo cars are too big for your System city.

In my opinion, for a set based on Toy Story movies, this set is very accurate and true to it's source. On the other hand, it includes many parts that can be re-used in a more realistic Wild West set, too, like the swinging doors.

The set is great.A lot of brown,tan,grey pieces;accessories;minifigures;etc.Is there pop-up thing with the wall,like in Western sets?