Mystery on the Excelsior
Chapter Six - The Final Chapter
After several days at high speed pushing safety limits, the Excelsior was finally nearing Alpha Centauri. The group had been nervously with each other attempting to enjoy the last moments of a vacation that had turned into a nightmare. Meanwhile, the ship that had been shadowing them had vanished as the Excelsior neared Alpha Centauri, clearly not receiving what they had intended.
To win the game, you must answer the following questions, correctly or semi-correctly.
1) The motive - why was Alfie murdered?
2) The murderer - who murdered Alfie?
3) Did the murderer have any assistance, and if so, from who?
Please send these answers in your role PM. If you have any questions, feel free to ask there or here.
This will not be a normal chapter, however you can still ask questions of other players, converse with NPCs, and do general searching of the immediate lounge if you wish.
Captain Amelia Bennett - Played by Shadows
Noah Baker, chef - Played by Kristel
Arthur Allan, steward - Played by Waterbrick Down
Gabriella Palmer, engineer - Played by Hinckley
George Dawson, businessman - Played by Lind Whisperer
Emily Dawson, lawyer - Played by jimmynick
Jack Mallory, author - Played by KotZ
Dr. Logan Frost, psychiatrist - Played by Fugazi
Charlotte Sawyer, regional politician - Played by Pandora
Sophie Young, lecturer - Played by Darkdragon
Charlie Seymour, zoologist - Played by Tariq j
Oliver Hudson, artist - Played by Trekkie99
Grace Jones, Space Police - Played by Lord Duvors
Jason Falcon, helmsman
Pierce Foster, navigator
Alfie Peck, passenger (deceased)
Ezra Parry, passenger (incapacitated)
1) Every player has received a character with a backstory and information that may be exclusive to them knowing. You can feel free to roleplay the character and flesh them out more. Mystery games are often primarily role-playing games, don’t forget that. There is no such thing as a “fluff post” or anything to the like. Throw out any conceptions you have used in mafia games. Feel free to make the character yours beyond what I've given.
2) There is no voting of players in this game. Providing something extreme, all twelve characters will last until the end of the game, at which time they must attempt to “solve” the mystery. You win if you are able to correctly solve the mystery, or if you get close enough to do so. This will happen in the final chapter of the game. You’ll receive several questions and then you have to answer them and explain. If you get it right, you win. If not, well…
3) A chapter will last as long as necessary for the story with no given or set end time. This is, of course, different to mafia games where days last about 72 hours. Keep in mind that mystery games often run longer than mafia games. If you commit to signing up and playing, make sure you can participate for at least a few months.
4) There is no PMing in the game without my permission. For example, you can say “I wish to speak to this person privately” and I may give you approval to do so.
5) You must search for clues. The room that you enter will be described to you and will also usually have a photo to accompany the description. This means that clues typically won’t be out in the open for you to see. If you want to search a room or area for clues, you cannot type:
“I want to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room."
Rather, you must specify what you want to do. For example:
“I want to open the drawers of the cabinet.”
You can only submit one action at a time until I reply to it, but anyone can request a search of something at the same time as you. For example, if you ask for a search of a closet, you must wait until I reply to it to submit another action. However other players can request searches of other parts of the room.
6) Please don’t edit your posts. There’s no real penalty to it, but it might make you look more suspicious and I would appreciate not doing so. If you’re worried about a typo, double check your post.
7) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads!
8) This is still a game of deception. Players have things that they wish to hide. If you have any questions about your character, feel free to ask via PM!
9) Make sure any actions that you take are in italics and on a separate line so I can see them. If I miss it for some reason, just quote it and yell at me in another post.
10) When it’s time to end the chapter, you can decide where you’d like to go next in the form of a vote. Voting will last 24 hours strictly. The location with the most votes will win. You’ll be given a map/layout of the ship as well as some choices that you can explore. You can always return to a previous location if you wish.
11) I know we'll all be good rule-followers, but I'll ask everyone to adhere to these rules. Breaking them too frequently could see you removed from the game
Room Key:1a: Jack Mallory1b: Sophie Young1c: Charlie Seymour1d: Oliver Hudson1e: Alfie Peck1f: Logan Frost1g: Ezra Parry1h: vacant2a: Charlotte Sawyer2b: George and Emily Dawson