The wheels on the firetruck from 10197 on this picture from Brickworld (even better picture here) don't match the ones on the pictures released by Lego and seem totally out of proportion. What's up with that?

Yeah TLCs pictures show smaller tires :sceptic:

Oh, and don't you think that Captain Green Hair's firetruck is perfect for this fire station? :wink:
That's what I thought too! CGH's was kind of a spoiler for this set, since it's so much superior to the 10197 version :wub:

Thanks guys!

I'l be inventorizing the firetruck soon, i might even build some copies if there's interest for them?

Seeing this in person at Brickworld really sealed the deal for me. I really want this set. In person, it still does not look quite as impressive as GG, but it's more than impressive enough to be my must-have set for 2009. I'll definitely be getting it and then rebuilding it into a 16x16 modular structure, with lots of leftover parts...

I think they are frogs.

Haha it will include a ping-pong table, how will they do that? :tongue:

Dr. Brick

Dr. Brick I like your bridge ldraw rendering. Do you have the .LDR file by any chance? If so could you send it to me if you don't mind to

jedi_agh (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

Thanks

I liked the building at Brickworld. I think one of the best fire stations ever made

Mark

*sigh* Another cool looking town set. Lego is making it hard to stick with one theme (Castle). Like the shoulder bad in tan. Would make a cool haversack for my MMV villagers.

Brickshelf folder with some nice detail pictures:

dsc_4802.jpg_thumb.jpg

However... also take a look here...

Could someone tell me what's going on in this picture?? Is that round light bley part a new mold !? Are those round things male/male plates ? I'm having hard time believing it, this is sheer cheating

dsc_4816.jpg

I believe that is the back of the snot numbers on the top. I'm not sure what piece your talking about though.

I figured it out that they are the back of the numbers but I thought it was built with some new two-stud-sided parts, appearently it was just this part:

4081b.gif

I'm stupid, sorry :)

Juchhu!

I received the set today!

Review will be done over the weekend...

Regards,

JanSued

Juchhu!

I received the set today!

Review will be done over the weekend...

Regards,

JanSued

Yay! I can't wait to see it! :sweet:

But we already saw pictures of almost every part of the set. :tongue:

I just have to dig this thread up. I bought this at the LEGO online shop a few weeks back. Yesterday I was finally able to put it together and it still blows my mind. The sheer amount of small details (bat on the roof i.e.), the building technics (upside down technic, the brickwork in front), the amazing interior work (kitchen, table tennis, the frog hat stand etc.) and let us not forget about the beautiful old school fire truck. I could go on and on about this masterpiece.

I think I am in love with this set. :cry_happy:

Thanks for reading.

I just have to dig this thread up. I bought this at the LEGO online shop a few weeks back. Yesterday I was finally able to put it together and it still blows my mind. The sheer amount of small details (bat on the roof i.e.), the building technics (upside down technic, the brickwork in front), the amazing interior work (kitchen, table tennis, the frog hat stand etc.) and let us not forget about the beautiful old school fire truck. I could go on and on about this masterpiece.

I think I am in love with this set. :cry_happy:

Thanks for reading.

I agree completely.

Public Service Announcement: This time next month this set will be gone, get it now while you can!

I was thinking about buying a couple more from Amazon and: We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

This set has been around longer than any other modular, so grab it while you can. You resellers should already have your stock, stay away from the last bit please :classic:

Edited by Follows Closely

I got this set through the post yesterday and it is my first modular building. Glad i got it before its discontinued.

I have no modular sets. Pay day is next week. Do I chance it and see if I can make the purchase today...

Just picked up another Fire Brigade today at TRU. Also got the Medieval Market Village with the BOGO. Also had a 20% coupon from my rewards membership that I used on the Fire Brigade so I got my Fire Brigade for $120 and Medieval Market for $50. Great day for Lego I would say!

I just ordered one today, my first modular building, after seeing Pet Shop IRL on display I am hooked. :drool:

Next I plan to get Grand Emporium and Pet Shop whenever TRU does BOGO again and they are not out of stock. :hmpf_bad:

Just ordered 1 from amazon.com for about 45% of rrp in australia. Would have ordered more if i had the money

I read that it was going to be discontinued sometime last November (and seeing the length of time it was out at the time, it couldn't be too much longer before it got discontinued anyway), I casually mentioned it to my wife. Come birthday time in December and surprise, surprise the Fire Brigade! Oh, how I love her! I've only built part of it because of all the missing pieces it had (currently being shipped from Lego), so hopefully soon I will be able to finish it. I am definitely hooked on the Modulars now after trying to build this one. The size and detail are both amazing. I will definitely buy more in the future and plan on bricklinking the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. If I didn't plan on buying these other modulars, I would probably pick up another Brigade for the wonderful parts.

And unfortunately the TRU here doesn't carry any Modulars. In fact, their lego aisle is pretty dismal, plus their mark-up on so many sets. I would take advantage if TRU.com has them in stock during their sale.