Piglet

Spaniards' Bay

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 81b

Hello

I have just been suggested to post my newest diorama - the Spaniards' Bay. So I'm doing this : o)

00.jpg

The story is simple:

XVII century. The great discoverer and adventurer, Herman Coldres, after a successful colonization, managed to build a small trading post in the bay.

On the left you can find two small warehouses with a small crane. In the middle is the Governor's (Herman Coldres') house and next to it is the inn / bakery. On the rocky island stands a lighthouse / watchtower.

Herman Coldres' men are greeting a delegation from Spain - a duke, a priest (or maybe an inquisitor) and a lord.

You can see all of the pictures on:

my homepage (there are some descriptions) or on Brickshelf

Part of them you can find on MOCpages

Some of the pictures for the lazy ones : o)

00.jpg_thumb.jpg 01.jpg_thumb.jpg 02.jpg_thumb.jpg 03.jpg_thumb.jpg

06.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg 09.jpg_thumb.jpg

12.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 16.jpg_thumb.jpg 17.jpg_thumb.jpg

You have done very, very, well! I love all of it thanks for posting it yourself :pir-blush:

Edited by General Armendariz

You did an awesome job on this little colony Piglet (love the name :pir-laugh::pir-wub: )

You used some good building techniques.

I really like the armada/colonial soldiers. Good Job :thumbup:

Edited by Broadside

This is done in very much one of my favorite styles. It is a blend of the classic pirates theme with creative MOCing skill. You did an excellent job on this. It really looks beautiful. Infact, if I were a Redcoat I would want to take this little sea village from the spanish :pir-wink: Great job. I really like this a lot.

I was wondering when this creation would make its way here. I have viewed this creation many times, and I have to say you did an excellent job. The dark red looks great, as well as the use of the traditional wall pieces. I also like how you created the rolling effect of the ocean, a very nice technique. Also the stairs in the rock faces are a nice touch. Great job!

-Admiral Béjaune

I was wondering when this creation would make its way here. I have viewed this creation many times, and I have to say you did an excellent job. The dark red looks great, as well as the use of the traditional wall pieces. I also like how you created the rolling effect of the ocean, a very nice technique. Also the stairs in the rock faces are a nice touch. Great job!

-Admiral Béjaune

Nothing to add here, it's just a very, very good job. A lot of details and interesting new techniques.

I'm looking forward to see your upcoming MOCs!

Great job! :thumbup:

Looks amazing! I love how you did the water and the large tower.

A big :thumbup: from me and I hope you will post your future MOCs here as well so we can admire them!

Fantastic MOC! I like how you made the ocean and the thing I like the most is the watchtower, great how you made it on top of the rocks. Is there also a prison is it, or maybe somewhere else?

Edited by YnyklY

I think almost everything has been commented on except the lighthouse! I really like that lighthouse you built! I plan on building my own soon, but yours really has an "authentic" feel to it.

I like when an MOC like this comes out while I am working on something because it makes me feel like I have a certain standard to meet.

Overall, I love the look of the buildings in relation to each other. I feel the space, ratio, and size is quite right for the size of the mini-figs. This whole MOC shows a lot of thought, and furthermore, a true dedication to the small details.

I'm very happy you've posted your amazing Spanish MOC on Eurobricks. Nowadays the Spanish faction is my most favorite one, so whenever I see a wonderful Spanish MOC like yours I start drooling. The overall look and feel of your diorama is just perfect for bringing the glory of the Spanish empire back to life. I'm also glad to see water with studs, especially when the trend seems to be snot water. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer some good old studs.

Just one question out of curiosity, are you planning more Spanish themed MOCs? I most certainly hope so.

big and cool ! I love the house that Is not straight on the studs, it gives the diorama a very cool look, plus the tower (lighthouse ? ) is really cool and the jungle behind it too! great job!

Thanks to all for the positive comments : o)

[...] I like the most is the watchtower, great how you made it on top of the rocks. Is there also a prison is it, or maybe somewhere else?

Well... it could be a prison also. (Don't tell anyone, but those buildings don't have interiors ; o) )

[...] I'm also glad to see water with studs, especially when the trend seems to be snot water. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I prefer some good old studs.

I like study water also. But maybe I just can't properly use SNOT is why I make water this way : oP

Just one question out of curiosity, are you planning more Spanish themed MOCs? I most certainly hope so.

Well, for now, after 5 Spanish themed MOCs in a row, I have finished with them I think : o) At least in 2009

(You can see them here if You like:

http://www.ciamek.yoyo.pl/?m=00092

http://www.ciamek.yoyo.pl/?m=00093

http://www.ciamek.yoyo.pl/?m=00094

http://www.ciamek.yoyo.pl/?m=00096 )

Thanks for encouraging me to post here ; o)

that is the first Spanish-based custom "set" i have ever seen good job!!! :pir-cry_happy:

the color scheme gives me a Spanish feeling.. wonder why :pir-grin: i like the chickens and the rock stairs going to the tower door...is that red thing over the guy's head that the other guy on the dock is holding an umbrella?

This is great.

I love the buildings. They are exactly what you think spanish style buildings should look like.

Great job of keeping the Spanish theme throughout. Great to see some more spanish MOCs here as most people focus on the red or blue coats.

Looks awesome!

I like the technique with the water, very realistic

The rock foundation with the stairs built into the rock is very good

The technique for the roof is great

I love the whole cave and natural look of the greenery above it

I really like the landscaping around the beach. :pir-wub:

The color scheme works well as well.

All in all an extremely cool MOC.

The roofs with the jumper bricks look great as well.

Although, I'm not sure which effect you were after?

Any particular reason for using jumpers and not tiles?

is that red thing over the guy's head that the other guy on the dock is holding an umbrella?

Yes.

I know - it's quite strange : o)

The roofs with the jumper bricks look great as well.

Although, I'm not sure which effect you were after?

Any particular reason for using jumpers and not tiles?

Well, the main reason is that I have jumper plates and don't have tiles : o)

On the other hand, I think that jumper plates give some convexity of the roof tiles feeling.

Thanks again for the comments!

EDIT:

Thanks for the 'MOC expert' tag.

I'm not familiar with it yet - I tried to find some information about this, but i haven't succeeded.

Edited by Piglet