Yperio_Bricks

[POLL] Yellow vs Fleshies

Yellow minifigs or fleshies - which ones do you prefer?  

54 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Yellow minifigs or fleshies - which ones do you prefer?

• Yellow
    • Fleshies
    • I like both

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/13/24 at 03:00 PM

pollddfv2.jpg

While the Super Bowl is comming up, we'll have our own Super Bowl right here in the forum.

It's one of those questions that is discussed in the AFOL community:

Do you prefer yellow minifigs or fleshies?

Do you prefer the classic yellow or fleshies in your sets and mocs?

Or maybe you don't mind and like both?

P9Exnzh.jpeg

I like both and usually use them all in the same layout.

I'm a heretic, and I'm proud.

Yellow or death! I do have couple of sets with fleshies and don't mind them, but generaly i wouldn't never greenlight this idea, as it's clearly creating division within the Lego toyetic universe and often plays against basic Lego rules of elements from different themes fitting to each other for playability values - as some torsos/body parts from fleshies can't be realy used with parts from yellow figs and vice versa...

Plus, it's Lego damn it. It can and should be simple in design, it doesn;t need to resemble characters that are being adapted that much, nothing wrong would happen to those intelectual properties if they would use yellow faces ( unless licence holders ordered them to do so? ) and most importantly, YELLOW FACES ARE LEGO :) So introducing different skin universe does indeed feel a bit like heresy ;)

Still, if Lone Ranger or Lotr/Hobbit and POTC would come back and i would have money i would buy whole lots of them, whether they would be fleshies or not, cause after all this is only a toy and a good toy, and kids and grownup kids will always find the way to play with them ;)     

I'm pretty satisfied with the rule of thumb that fleshies are in licensed sets and yellows are in unlicensed sets.

Yellow ones are the one and only ones. And classic smiley ones. Just because I am used to them as I grew up playing with them. 

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I'm a heretic, and I'm proud. 

:rofl:

Yellow, simple, the most customizable, no issues with hands or prints etc

Skin tones have incompatibility within themselves as there are now 6 + 2 new colors, if you want to swap heads, or hands, or prints, it's not as simple as a single color. (+ swapping hands isn't official either)

Edited by TeriXeri

13 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

(+ swapping hands isn't official either)

Does that stop anybody from swapping hands, that it is not official? It must have nothing to do with yellow or flesh. Maybe someone wants a yellow minfig to wear gloves.

41 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Does that stop anybody from swapping hands, that it is not official? It must have nothing to do with yellow or flesh. Maybe someone wants a yellow minfig to wear gloves.

They're wearing gloves made from flesh? :wacko: That's brutal, man.

I just remove the hands and swap them around.

4 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

They're wearing gloves made from flesh? :wacko: That's brutal, man.

I just remove the hands and swap them around.

That's why i wrote, that it has nothing to do with yellow or flesh colors :pir_laugh2: A minifig could wear grey gloves! Yeah, grey shark skin gloves oder whatever the next joke is :pir_laugh2:

I also swapped many hands! But the question was if some people refrain from doing so because it is not 'official'?

Yellow for everything, licensed themes included!!! There's a reason why my favorite era of the Star Wars theme is 1999-2004.

I can see why they did flesh-colours for licensed themes and I can personally live with that - but overall I prefer the yellow minifigures and having both just makes using other minifigures harder especially when they show skin on their torso. 

7 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I meant not official more as it's not intended to be done , and can gradually damage the part. (but that does not mean I am against it, if people wish to do so)

I did not mean official in the sense of keeping the torso in it's original state (as intended with the hand color it came out of the factory with)

The main thing it has to do with skin tones, is that yellow hands is 1 skin tone, compared to 8 different hand colors when not wearing some "gloves" if you want hands to match the head.

Of course someone might use a flesh tone to have nougat gloves on a yellow fig, that can certainly work.

Friends  / Minidolls have it tougher as most have bare hands (which cannot be swapped), and many have shorts or skirts, so with 8 skin tones it limits options to get matching figures, and also minidoll torsos have different shapes too (Girl , Adult Female, Boy , Adult Male) , and even if arms are long sleeves+gloves (like in the 2023 ski sets) many torsos still show skin tone at the neck.

But again, people can do whatever they wish with their figures, there's a whole different discussion for that.

Edited by TeriXeri

YELLOW!

Purely because I'm a traditionalist of the classic themes and flesh tones minfigiures are associated with licenced themes.

I prefer yellow. If I buy sets with flesh colored minifigs (which almost never happens) I change the heads and hands to yellow ones.

I like both, but yellow is more sympathetic and funnier because they look like smileys.

I like both because each one has a certain artistic style regarding their faces. Besides, it is a lot more fun having a variety of expressions.

My atavistic streak says yellow,  but for certain themes or MOC circumstances I won't mind flesh toned faces.

BTW, where's the  blue colored option in the poll??! 

Yellow, that's Lego. But if someone else prefers fleshies, well, no problem.

But, and I think this is actually more important, I hope there won't start some kind of struggle to see yellowheads as wrong because they might stand for white supremacy. Because then wonderful toys become playthings of activism, and that would just be a shame.

39 minutes ago, KlaasK said:

But, and I think this is actually more important, I hope there won't start some kind of struggle to see yellowheads as wrong because they might stand for white supremacy. Because then wonderful toys become playthings of activism, and that would just be a shame.

One can never know, with all the crap going on in so many other franchises.... They even abolished monarchy in He-Man recently!... so let's hope they won't touch at least some things. Plus Lego is a family company so they MIGHT not be affected by controversial fasgions and strategies as much as other, just might. Then again, it's a private company and they can do whatever they want. 

18 hours ago, KlaasK said:

I agree. I don't like when people with strong ideological motivations try to censor or change toys or culture.