MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I also want to join the many disappointed with the ISD. It's a good set. I just had my hopes set on a Death Star playset with tons of figs.

Yeah same. I really like the interiors of ships/bases (one of my MOCs is of an ISD's bridge room) and have been really happy with the Dark Trooper and Tantive IV hallway sets so was hoping for something like those on a larger scale, not to mention the chance of an updated Tarkin (currently my only Tarkin is the 2006 version) and other named officers. 

I've already got the 2014 Star Destroyer so will probably just use Bricklink for Praji and maybe some of the new heads from the Imperial Crew figure (I mentioned my ISD bridge- I could use some different faces on all the crew I have in there). 

Maxbaudte posted minifigure lists for the Rebuild the Galaxy sets:

75389 Dark Falcon: Darth Jar Jar Binks, Darth Rey, Evil C-3PO, Beach Luke Skywalker, Darth Dev Greebling, and White Vader. 

75393 X-Wing & TIE Fighter: Sig Greebling, Yesi Scale, Rebel Pilot, Astromech, and a TIE Pilot. 

75388 Jedi Bob’s Starfighter: Jedi Bob, (Clone Trooper, Mon Calamari, Astromech?)

It seems like they aren’t certain on the minifigures in Jedi Bob’s Starfighter. Also, it may be important to note that they also reported that the Star Destroyer would have 10-12 minifigures five days ago, so take this with a grain of salt. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

75389 Dark Falcon: Darth Jar Jar Binks, Darth Rey, Evil C-3PO, Beach Luke Skywalker, Darth Dev Greebling, and White Vader. 

75393 X-Wing & TIE Fighter: Sig Greebling, Yesi Scale, Rebel Pilot, Astromech, and a TIE Pilot. 

75388 Jedi Bob’s Starfighter: Jedi Bob, (Clone Trooper, Mon Calamari, Astromech?)

With this Minifig lineup, what was @Renown’s hint about?? 

While the show looks fun, particularly with the emphasis on meme characters, I do not think that it deserves to take up three sets - Just Jedi Bob and Darth Jar Jar would have been enough. Additionally, I am a bit disappointed that they did not lean completely into the inverted character alignments. The original characters created for the show are not as appealing as something like Grand Moff Bail Organa or Rebel general Yularen. 🫤

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

32 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

My God these lineups are straight up cheeks... :laugh:

Dark Falcon: Fine for the most part, Beach Luke is strange, but I'd love to see White Vader and Evil-Rey. Darth Jar Jar unfortunately won't be anything to write home about (I thought his design was lame in the trailer) which sucks as he had the greatest potential.

X-TIE: Maker of kriff :damn: Maybe, maybe, the Rebel Pilot is a new Red Squadron member, but this is definitely not it, LEGO.

Jedi Bob: The best of the lot if some of the choices actually happen. If we get at least the Clone Trooper and Droid, that's a good lineup. Couldn't care less about the Mon Cala though (seriously, Lego. 100s of alien species and you insist on giving us 31 flavors of Mon Calamari)

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While the show looks fun, particularly with the emphasis on meme characters, I do not think that it deserves to take up three sets - Just Jedi Bob and Darth Jar Jar would have been enough. Additionally, I am a bit disappointed that they did not lean completely into the inverted character alignments. The original characters created for the show are not as appealing as something like Grand Moff Bail Organa or Rebel general Yularen. 🫤

And White Vader :laugh:

Also yes, I agree they should've played the concept to it's natural conclusion, go full Shattered Glass on us. (That would be fire.)

Love the sound of that line-up! :thumbup: Looks like we lost evil Chewy tho… Or maybe he was never considered to begin with

W  h  a  t?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

1984... transformers releases... shattered glass.... inverted character alignments (including a comic relief character becoming a hardcore bounty hunter).... it all fits!

Honestly no clue. Most likely it's just something that hasn't yet been revealed to us.

Completely agree, this is really disappointing. I'm fine with the inverted characters in the inverted sets, even siller ones like beach luke and darth jar jar, but THREE of these figures are new original characters... pretty annoying. Not to mention the fact that I don't believe the X-TIE should have ANY non-canon figs- just advertise swapping the parts around or something...

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

My God these lineups are straight up cheeks... :laugh:

Dark Falcon: Fine for the most part, Beach Luke is strange, but I'd love to see White Vader and Evil-Rey. Darth Jar Jar unfortunately won't be anything to write home about (I thought his design was lame in the trailer) which sucks as he had the greatest potential.

X-TIE: Maker of kriff :damn: Maybe, maybe, the Rebel Pilot is a new Red Squadron member, but this is definitely not it, LEGO.

Jedi Bob: The best of the lot if some of the choices actually happen. If we get at least the Clone Trooper and Droid, that's a good lineup. Couldn't care less about the Mon Cala though (seriously, Lego. 100s of alien species and you insist on giving us 31 flavors of Mon Calamari)

And White Vader :laugh:

Also yes, I agree they should've played the concept to it's natural conclusion, go full Shattered Glass on us. (That would be fire.)

100% agree. 

I agree the falcon is generally not terrible, though I don't really like that it's beach luke and darth origional content. Would have preferred Darth Luke and Jedi Master Palpatine or something.

Suggested list: Darth Jar Jar, Darth Rey, Evil C-3PO, Darth Luke, Jedi Master Palpatine, White Vader

X-TIE is the worst offender. At bare minimum, 40% of the fig count is original characters. And I don't have much confidence in that Rebel Pilot being someone canon.

Suggested list: Ideally, something canon like Biggs, Wedge, Pilot Luke, TIE Pilot, R2-D2. But if we have to do the memes: Rebel Friend, Beach Trooper, Jek Porkins, Beach TIE Pilot, Evil R2-D2.

Jedi Bob: The worst part of this is just a $40 set having two figs. Really no way to critique the rest of it without knowing the second fig, though.

Oh, and I LOVE Shattered Glass. Crossing my fingers so hard that I'll be able to find a good deal on SG starscream and soundwave somewhere. And there's even precedent for this in star wars! Battlefront 4's original concept art (for those who don't know, battlefront 3 was basically done and they'd started early development on 4 when the plug was pulled) had a variety of light side villains and dark side heroes.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Love the sound of that line-up! :thumbup: Looks like we lost evil Chewy tho… Or maybe he was never considered to begin with

I never understood what this would have even been without making him look waaaaaay to similar to black krrsantan.

All in all, pretty disappointed with the figure lineup, once again. First the Star Destroyer gets removed from my buy list (though admittedly that's just as much the build as the figs), next the X-Tie. Really hoping the skiff doesn't suddenly lose 20% size or drop half it's figs.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

100% agree. 

I agree the falcon is generally not terrible, though I don't really like that it's beach luke and darth origional content. Would have preferred Darth Luke and Jedi Master Palpatine or something.

Suggested list: Darth Jar Jar, Darth Rey, Evil C-3PO, Darth Luke, Jedi Master Palpatine, White Vader

X-TIE is the worst offender. At bare minimum, 40% of the fig count is original characters. And I don't have much confidence in that Rebel Pilot being someone canon.

Suggested list: Ideally, something canon like Biggs, Wedge, Pilot Luke, TIE Pilot, R2-D2. But if we have to do the memes: Rebel Friend, Beach Trooper, Jek Porkins, Beach TIE Pilot, Evil R2-D2.

Jedi Bob: The worst part of this is just a $40 set having two figs. Really no way to critique the rest of it without knowing the second fig, though.

I never understood what this would have even been without making him look waaaaaay to similar to black krrsantan.

Loving all your suggested lineups. We were this close to finally having Rebel Friend.

And no, the Pilot probably won't be canon, but could they at least have a canon helmet design? I'd take any of the following: Davish Krail, Puck Naeco/Wes Janson, or Zal Dinnes.

Only two figures total!? :wacko: I suppose the droid might not count, so technically could be three. I also am stunned that it'll be $40. That seems entirely too much, but I'll wait to see the actual model.

Evil Chewie could be done as is but with black/dark grey accents instead of tan, and red eyes.

Posted (edited)

Star Destroyer is listed as $300 AUD on the Lego website ... Oof *huh*. In comparison the Ghost is $260 here - and both ships are the same price in USD and EUR. Good thing there are regularly sales here with 20% or more off - often at release - but when there's already a ~15% markup compared to a similar model ...

Edited by MaximillianRebo

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

And no, the Pilot probably won't be canon, but could they at least have a canon helmet design? I'd take any of the following: Davish Krail, Puck Naeco/Wes Janson, or Zal Dinnes.

I had the Death Star (now ISD) and x wing sets on my buy list.  I do like the ideas but was most excited for the mini fig possibilities.  At this point I will likely bricklink one or two figs from the ISD and I am hoping we get a reuse helmet like Wes Janson here too so I can bricklink that and fill out rogue squadron.  I thought it was interesting that the UCS Zev was used for the may the 4th advertisements, that would be another helmet I wouldn’t mind.

I will throw this out there, what if the set with young leía is a republic gunship? The piece count seems about right around 1100, it was said to be a potential creature build but they said the Star destroyer was going to be a conference room and look what we got? It also makes sense since the designers hinted at it and it saves slots for other ROTS sets on the 25th aniversary besides there are going to be two falcons on shelves at the same time for a few months it could be the same case with the gunship il just throw this out there

3 minutes ago, Matichado said:

I will throw this out there, what if the set with young leía is a republic gunship? The piece count seems about right around 1100, it was said to be a potential creature build but they said the Star destroyer was going to be a conference room and look what we got? It also makes sense since the designers hinted at it and it saves slots for other ROTS sets on the 25th aniversary besides there are going to be two falcons on shelves at the same time for a few months it could be the same case with the gunship il just throw this out there

NO.

Aside from the obvious, it's just not happening. Not even close. There's no reason to think we'd even get one next year, we're definitely not getting one this year.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Honestly I don't really care at this point. I guess others have fun with the hints, but it's sort of annoying now seeing lots of posters go back and forth with, "Maybe it's this, maybe it's that." Maybe I'm alone in that, though.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Maxbaudte posted minifigure lists for the Rebuild the Galaxy sets:

75389 Dark Falcon: Darth Jar Jar Binks, Darth Rey, Evil C-3PO, Beach Luke Skywalker, Darth Dev Greebling, and White Vader

It seems like they aren’t certain on the minifigures in Jedi Bob’s Starfighter. Also, it may be important to note that they also reported that the Star Destroyer would have 10-12 minifigures five days ago, so take this with a grain of salt. 

So an Advent Calendar minifigure lineup with an off-colored Falcon and a price tag to match? I'd have assumed Darth Dev Greebling is a Gonk with a red lightsaber if not for Sig Greebling being human. At least Vader should look cool & I don't mind getting another Clone Trooper. It's almost certainly a shiny like in the trailer, but it'd be cool if it were a new rank in the new style (nothing like setting oneself up for disappointment - it's what us LSW fans do). 

X-Wing & ISD are skips for me. (There's that disappointment thing again... but for real, a DS playset would've been cool. I'm looking forward to building a big rock wall fortress with my kids using the Mando S3 Battle Packs. I understand I must be in the minority but I'm game for most locations & an Imperial stronghold would've been great.) I'll be on the Bricklinking Fig(s) bandwagon. Good chance it's the same on the Falcon/Vader.

Edited by Pedilego

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Actually I think @Renown’s 1984 hint was referring to this. 
The quote refers to the end of the book when Winston has been brainwashed from being a rebel of sorts into being compliant with Big Brother and the Party.

I believe the 1984 quote was referring to how the Characters in “Rebuild The Galaxy” will have changed affiliations. Much like Winston did due to his torture at the hands of the “Thought Police.”

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

X-Wing & ISD are skips for me. (There's that disappointment thing again... but for real, a DS playset would've been cool. I'm looking forward to building a big rock wall fortress with my kids using the Mando S3 Battle Packs. I understand I must be in the minority but I'm game for most locations & an Imperial stronghold would've been great.) I'll be on the Bricklinking Fig(s) bandwagon. Good chance it's the same on the Falcon/Vader.

I agree with you. I would have loved to build a large imperial facility using DS playsets as a foundation. (God I would love a modular Endor Bunker) Imperial bases are probably the most set worthy locations in Star Wars.

You lot are really hating on the ISD far too much. It’s not its fault the Leakers got the set and minifigure count wrong. I do agree it has some flaws. (Lack of BD-1 for instance) The people who say it’s worse than 2014 because it’s shorter don’t see the big picture. With its lost length it makes up for it with its far superior detailing. The interior, at the back at least, has far more depth than 2014. I can understand not liking it. But some people are being really over-negative because of the expectations the Leakers set. Overall I would say it’s a solid 9/10 set. And could arguably be the best in the August Wave. (Especially looking at those RTG sets minifig lists.) 

Young Leia now has the chance to be a cool set. Though I still doubt it.

Wow, that was an interesting trailer.
It all went very fast, though, so I appreciate MaxBaut's info afterwards.
I have very little interest in any of the builds, to be honest, but am very intrigued by the minifigures.
Alternate Universes are always interesting to me, and they might produce some cool, new, minifig parts :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Happy enough with the Falcon figs, probably worth picking up as it's different enough to the 2015, 2018, and 2019 ones that I already have.

X-TIE has nothing super interesting to me as I hoped, glad I can skip it.

Bob is small/cheap enough that whatever the other fig is I'll probably get it on sale, sounds super fun!

4 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Star Destroyer is listed as $300 AUD on the Lego website

Pardon me WHAT??? I was hoping for $270 as a maximum as it looks really good so maybe I could justify buying it, but it's way too similar to the 2014 one that I already have to spend 300 bucks on. 

For comparison (off the top of my head so may be wrong):

2019 Falcon: 160 - 250

Razor Crest: 130 - 200

AT-AT: 160 - 250

Light cruiser: 160 - 270

Justifier: 170 - 260

AT-TE: 140 - 230

Gunship: 140 - 250

Yavin: 160 - 260

Ghost: 160 - 260

ISD: 160 - 300 *huh*

Dark Falcon: 170(?) - hELP:cry_sad:

Hmm, not sure how I feel about so many minifigure slots being taken up by original characters which don’t sound that interesting.

14 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

If there's really a Mon Calamari comming with the starfighter, the set suddenly becomes much more interesting for me. Hope the rumor turns out to be true :thumbup:

Hope we don't have to wait too long for the sets to be revealed. Want to see Peridea too!

Do be aware that the MaxBautde minifig lists contain an typo, the new character Yesi is called Yesi Scala not Yesi Scale, Scala of course being another Lego reference.

17 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

It seems like they aren’t certain on the minifigures in Jedi Bob’s Starfighter. 

What if the Mon Calamari is actually one of the Geonosian Jedi from the trailer? That would make more sense, and it would make the set far more desirable! 

12 hours ago, Matichado said:

I will throw this out there, what if the set with young leía is a republic gunship? The piece count seems about right around 1100

I mean, maybe?
The ISD and Tantive IV boarding sets are nowhere close to being in-scale with each other, but they are connected by the inclusion of Praji in the ISD (who was only seen on the Tantive IV, and not on an ISD). I can see something similar happening with a potential gunship and the “Rebuild the Galaxy” sets. The trailer shows a bunch of P1 Clones and Geonosians, but we seem to be only getting one of the former in the sets; an AotC gunship would kill two womp rats with one stone, since we could get both a soft tie-in with “Rebuild the Galaxy” and the normal gunship that we have been asking for since the 2023 one was revealed to be Coruscant Guard livery. Also, Jedi Bob appeared in the original 2002 Republic Gunship set, and we just got B2s back earlier this year (who had their first appearance in the same set). 🤔

13 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Star Destroyer is listed as $300 AUD on the Lego website ... Oof *huh*. In comparison the Ghost is $260 here - and both ships are the same price in USD and EUR. Good thing there are regularly sales here with 20% or more off - often at release - but when there's already a ~15% markup compared to a similar model ...

And I thought the $160 USD was bad... can't imagine spending $200 USD on it.

14 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Loving all your suggested lineups. We were this close to finally having Rebel Friend.

Only two figures total!? :wacko: I suppose the droid might not count, so technically could be three. I also am stunned that it'll be $40. That seems entirely too much, but I'll wait to see the actual model.

Evil Chewie could be done as is but with black/dark grey accents instead of tan, and red eyes.

I know! Beach trooper too. I'm a rebel friend guy myself, but Beach Trooper is on the same level of relevance, and unlike Rebel Friend or Moustache rebel, he can't be made as accurately using purist parts.

They really seem to be hoping Bob does well, especially considering that this is probably the size of a delta-7 or ETA-2 (Both of which recently went for $30, and I'd argue even then the delta was overpriced). 

13 hours ago, Matichado said:

"Do not float that idea again"

But seriously. Don't do this. You know that there's, generously, a .01% chance of that being true. Don't start this. I don't know if this comment was meant to be a joke or what, but with the way people's guesses on eurobricks turn into rumors on social media, and the way some of those people react when there's even a chance clones or a clone set got snubbed or didn't receive the highest possible quality... you cannot go around saying this. I cannot express this any stronger while remaining polite. 

I'm actually going to go so far as to say I actively hope we DON'T get a republic gunship in 2025, or for a couple more years for that matter. We just got one last year. There aren't many slots at that size open every year, and there are a lot of sets around that size that have gone longer since their last release, not to mention stuff we've never had.

12 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Honestly I don't really care at this point. I guess others have fun with the hints, but it's sort of annoying now seeing lots of posters go back and forth with, "Maybe it's this, maybe it's that." Maybe I'm alone in that, though.

I will take riddles and hints over the standard leaker strategy (make yourself as big of a social media presence as possible, tease the fact that you have info over and over without saying anything concrete, hype things up to drive engagement and then deliver the smallest possible bit of info) any day of the week. It's leagues better than stuff like someone doing an entire livestream just to hint at a single minifigure.

25 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What if the Mon Calamari is actually one of the Geonosian Jedi from the trailer? That would make more sense, and it would make the set far more desirable! 

The last three seem like random guesses as to who the second figure is, with the question mark and all. Especially considering this leaker JUST got a figure list wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if his "mon cala" guess came from reading the comment of the person here who suggested evil ackbar. I doubt the set comes with all four of those, much less someone who allegedly has the names for the other sets (given he's listed the names of the original content characters) would mistake a mon calamari for a geonosian with a lightsaber.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Matichado said:

One problem. The Young Leia set is a whole £20 less than the coruscant guard gunship. People complained about last year’s gunship being too small and that was pretty much minifigure scale.

Why do so many of you think this is possible?!

Edit: @Mandalorianknight if I caused, albeit accidentally and unwittingly, that Mon Calamari “leak” with my little rebel AT AT joke suggestion, then I’m very sorry about that. Not my intent at all. It was purely a suggestion.

Edited by CloneCommando99