1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42167 Mack LR Electric Garbage Truck - 503 pcs - $34.99

Wheel selection here will be interesting. 503 pcs are definetely not enough for the 49.5 tires.... so we have this one with 30 mm tires?

Omg, there's no way my wallet will survive if the rumours hold true. So many must-buy space sets...

Oh, and that garbage truck and harvester could also be interesting.

Edited by howitzer

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42178 Space Wheel Loader LT78 - 435 pcs - $34.99 (German name: Weltraumradlader LT78 - Surface Space Loader LT78)

42179 Planet Earth and Moon in Orbit - 526 pcs - $79.99 (German name: Sonne Erde Mond Modell - Sun Earth Moon Model)

42180 Mars Crew Exploration Rover - 1599 pcs - $149.99 (German name: Mars Exploration Rover)

42181 VTOL Heavy Cargo Spaceship LT81 - 1366 pcs - $99.99 (German name: VTOL Schwerlastraumfrachter LT81 - VTOL Heavy Cargo Spaceship LT81)

I am super excited for these space sets! 42179 will be an incredibly novel departure from the usual technic lineup.

I imagine 42178 ahs 42181 are designed to work together, based on the common "LT" number. Also, neat reference to the founding years of technic...

Really curious about the spaceship. According to price/piece count, it will have no C+, which is a plus for me. If they make this in LBG, blue and trans-yellow I might regain some respect for TLG ;)

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

503 pcs are definetely not enough for the 49.5 tires.

It's still possible to have a truck at that scale, maybe just not with 49.5 mm tires, but with 30 mm rim nonetheless.

Set 8071 has 593 pieces.

8071-1.jpg?201012241200

There's rumors of an space-themed CMF series and a new City space wave. Seems like space is the theme of the year.

Is there any space-related anniversary next year for this amount of space-based sets?

22 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Is there any space-related anniversary next year for this amount of space-based sets?

According to this article the first space-themed LEGO set was released in 1964, so next year will be a nice anniversary. 

Always nice to have such a look ahead! The space sets are good news, but don't look like a continuation of the NASA license.

42163 Heavy Duty Bulldozer - 195 pcs - $10.99

Like those small sets! Will be a slightly bigger brother of the 8259-1 Mini Bulldozer with 165 parts and the Snow Groomer of last year with 178 parts . Nice!

1000x800p.jpg?1657551670.3465028

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's still possible to have a truck at that scale, maybe just not with 49.5 mm tires, but with 30 mm rim nonetheless.

Set 8071 has 593 pieces.

Yes, that scale crossed my mind

Space sets - might bring me back out from the dark... (and into the dark of space...). Will remain skeptical that this is not a City theme list until some images emerge.

18 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42163 Heavy Duty Bulldozer - 195 pcs - $10.99

Only set so far that has me somewhat excited is the tiny bulldozer to put next to my 42055. Not a fan of John Deere so the forage harvester falls a bit flat for me even though I love agricultural machines.
Where is the construction equipment? Something with proper functions and not just a 10€  an 11€ set with a twisty knob...

Glad everyone else seems to be hyped, I'll just wait and see what the August wave brings and hope to not be let down like 2023.

17 hours ago, Jundis said:

Wheel selection here will be interesting. 503 pcs are definetely not enough for the 49.5 tires.... so we have this one with 30 mm tires?

Yeah, the ICE version of Mack LR with 49.5 tires had ~2045 pcs. 4 times bigger...

1 hour ago, Saruzeufel said:

Where is the construction equipment? Something with proper functions and not just a 10€  an 11€ set with a twisty knob...

Glad everyone else seems to be hyped, I'll just wait and see what the August wave brings and hope to not be let down like 2023.

As you say, we only see the Januar+March sets, which are always the smaller ones. Big sets come in June and August.

Comparing this to the last years line-up with 80% cars, this really is a relieve. Only 3 cars so far in a list of 13 sets with 2 unknown ones.

19 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Yeah, the ICE version of Mack LR with 49.5 tires had ~2045 pcs. 4 times bigger...

12 hours ago, 1gor said:

Yes, that scale crossed my mind

That could be possible, although I don't like these tires in this size at all. They either look too rough or too smooth for a normal truck.

LEGO-56898-Opona-43-2-x-14-4539268-1szt30699.png

Edited by Jundis

I dunno…I’m a bit skeptical of the accuracy of this.  That’s a lot of space sets for one year.  It’s a big departure from the typical cars and construction equipment we usually get.  

11 minutes ago, dhc6twinotter said:

I dunno…I’m a bit skeptical of the accuracy of this.  That’s a lot of space sets for one year.  It’s a big departure from the typical cars and construction equipment we usually get.  

The sets' information is publicly listed on a retailer's page, and I don't think they would go so far as fabricating the whole thing.

19 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The sets' information is publicly listed on a retailer's page, and I don't think they would go so far as fabricating the whole thing.

If their information on upcoming sets published earlier years was true, then we could relay on that.

Again another 1:10 scale car with set 42171  - 1642 pcs for $219.99 ... It seems that this series is very popular. Every year a new model for higher price

Pitty that (if there will be no change) Lego decided to nake small Deere Forage Harvester; since original 9700 has 84.6"(aproximately 2150mm) tires at the front and 64.6" (aproximately 1650mm) at the rear it would fit Xerion scale perfectly woth 107mm tires at ftont and 81mm at rear...

42 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Again another 1:10 scale car with set 42171  - 1642 pcs for $219.99 ... It seems that this series is very popular. Every year a new model for higher price

I think it's either a 1:10 car or a 1:5 bike. 

42170 has only 643 (less than NASCAR Camaro) pieces but the price is 80 bucks. It can be a small pneumatic set

Really curious how TLG will make the tellurion compared to the excellent CaDA model that costs only half the price. I highly doubt it will be this accurately designed as JK Brickworks did and most likely not ready for motorization.
C71004W__05.jpgC71004W__07.jpg

The rest of the space themed sets sound very interesting and a welcome addition to the never ending line-up of vehicles we are used to.
Hope the Mars Crew Exploration Rover will be something like the rover from the movie "The Martian" and less like this concept showroom model:
Rover+2+from+The+last+days+on+Mars.jpgnasa-818x461.jpg

On 8/2/2023 at 3:05 PM, Jurss said:

Also NASA license? like 42158

That set is not NASA licensed! In fact the only thing that is on the box is the MARS Perseverance mission identifier logo, which probably only required an approval by JPL/NASA or T. Van Schneider. You can also freely use the name NASA as long as the meatball logo and work mark are not placed together. Since NASA is a federal agency it does not hold the usual copyright protection and will not endorse a commercial product anyway. https://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/Merchandising_Guidelines.html

6 hours ago, R0Sch said:

That set is not NASA licensed!

Thank You for clarification! Really, NASA is just in the name of that set. There is no NASA logo on the box.

But still, it won't be surprise, that all those sets will be made in some collaboration with NASA.