So the fabled DBG panels exclusive to the Osprey didn't come... Even the #1 and #2 panels dont seem to appear in this set.

This looks great.  I really like all the DBG panels.  There has been a major lack of grey panels in general, so this is very welcome.

59 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Guess this means the ideas brick built version (which looks superior especially considering a lack of technic functions in this set) is dead. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f16d7d47-3ba9-432d-b6f5-8276b81cef0f

While it looks good, i think any brick-built version at 1:10 scale is going to be really heavy. Just look at how heavy the current lineup of Creator Expert models is and they are only 1:17 scale.

I think this will be another fun model to motorize, I'm planning to give it AWD of it has none originally.

I don't like how it looks, maybe it'll look better IRL like some other medium sets do. But if that's actually DBG, some of those parts are going to land in my Sherman, especially those new rounded corner panels that were first shown as GT40 headlights. Btw, is there a studio/ldraw model for that part yet? The part number seems like really, really old part and it can't be true.

3 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

While it looks good, i think any brick-built version at 1:10 scale is going to be really heavy. Just look at how heavy the current lineup of Creator Expert models is and they are only 1:17 scale.

Creator Expert / Icons vehicles are actually between 1:12 and 1:14 most of the time :) 

15 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Я предполагаю, что это продолжение 42039 ?

Rather like the heir to 42125, 42039 had functions, there is more design. Too much difference in these Le Mans.

Edited by Ksen48

On 4/9/2023 at 11:15 AM, KevinMD said:

Guess this means the ideas brick built version (which looks superior especially considering a lack of technic functions in this set) is dead. 

Superior according to whom? I think this looks blocky...and the studs look odd...

This set is rather not for me but really like mixing color dbg with some bright color. This combination should be used more often, it looks equally good with orange (42113), green (42129) and lime (this set). I also like the use of glow in the dark elements as lights, much better solution than using light brick as in 42127 set.

@artemisovsky the model is just following the launch colours of the real car. There would just have been an agreement between Peugeot and TLG as to what to use. So using this combination again in the future is unlikely to happen. 

Saw a YT video with further leaked images. Functions seem limited to the standard HOG steering, suspension, doors, and V6 engine (LBG cylinders, no gearbox). The front bonnet opens to expose suspension detail, and I see a housed differential at the front and standard diff at the rear, so 4WD looks to be implemented. The rear engine cover/clam-shell looks to lift off rather than hinging. All visible markings appear to be stickers rather than prints, including the Peugeot badges and logos. I think it looks amazing, but barring anything extra like a clever door mechanism, probably more of a display piece than a technical marvel. I wish we could get a new and more modern wheel rim at this scale, but I am impressed that we are seeing better ride-height/wheel-size/fender-fit on a model with working suspension (as compared with the Ford GT or earlier Ferrari 488).

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

Looks really good. Functions as expected.

For most users in this forum nice parts pack for DBG panels :)

For somebody really good first and/or display set. it will sell well.

On the one hand, it looks a LOT more finished than the Ferrari 488 and Porsche RSR, but on the other hand I do kind of wish there was a gearbox. At lesast the blue BMW shock won’t be going out of production soon.

On 4/10/2023 at 12:36 AM, Polarlicht said:

I guess this is the follow up to 42039?

I was thinking the same thing.

17 hours ago, Seasider said:

@artemisovsky ... So using this combination again in the future is unlikely to happen. 

There should be another set soon with lots of dbg panels that will recycle remained parts from the canceled Osprey. Same situation with some orange parts.

6 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Saw a YT video with further leaked images.

Saw it too. The engine cover goes off all the way, but while mounted, there are huge gaps, which are most visible from the side view.

There is a new shock absorber for center front suspension 79717c01.png

Can't see the springs in the rear, but there is definitely suspension here.

In my opinion, the bodywork is way worse than the Ford GT. The only additional function may be the turning of the steering wheel, which was absent in the Ford GT.

43 minutes ago, artemisovsky said:

There should be another set soon with lots of dbg panels that will recycle remained parts from the canceled Osprey. Same situation with some orange parts.

Ah, I thought you meant another car in this colour scheme and not just any Technic model.

32 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Saw it too. The engine cover goes off all the way, but while mounted, there are huge gaps, which are most visible from the side view.

There is a new shock absorber for center front suspension 79717c01.png

Can't see the springs in the rear, but there is definitely suspension here.

In my opinion, the bodywork is way worse than the Ford GT. The only additional function may be the turning of the steering wheel, which was absent in the Ford GT.

Good to see those shocks on other models, hopefully it’ll bring the price down a bit. The Peugeot has a mix of push rod on the front and pull rod on the rear. But I’m not expecting TLG will replicate this