1 hour ago, unclejeffie said:

Also note, that the blacktron gwp has a remake blacktron minifigure that hasnt appeared somewhere else…

In this case they amended on the existing print, didn't create a brand new one.
In a way, that's hopefull. The old dragonknight print, front-and-aft, might be possible.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:18 AM, Follows Closely said:

Fixed that for you!

You know me all too well....

10 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

It has been used in dark bluish grey in the Viking ship creator last year and a pearl dark grey in the new city ship with killer whale this summer 

What you seem to be describing are unprinted versions of the CMF Viking helmet, except that helmet wasn’t used in the Creator Viking ship, the old school horned helmet was. Lastly, it has only ever been made on PDG  

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67037#T=C&C=77

What they’re talking about is what most refer to as the “great helm”. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=89520&idColor=77#T=C&C=77

They’re saying that this latest version is PDG, but close examination seems to show it in black, which is currently available on PaB from 10305 Lion Knights castle. 

11 hours ago, SirBlake said:

What you seem to be describing are unprinted versions of the CMF Viking helmet, except that helmet wasn’t used in the Creator Viking ship, the old school horned helmet was. Lastly, it has only ever been made on PDG  

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=67037#T=C&C=77

What they’re talking about is what most refer to as the “great helm”. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=89520&idColor=77#T=C&C=77

They’re saying that this latest version is PDG, but close examination seems to show it in black, which is currently available on PaB from 10305 Lion Knights castle. 

You're right. It was not in the creator Viking ship but a CMF viking 

On 8/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, GeoBrick said:

In this case they amended on the existing print, didn't create a brand new one.
In a way, that's hopefull. The old dragonknight print, front-and-aft, might be possible.

It's still a totally new printed element from a cost/logistics standpoint, since the old Blacktron torso has been out of production for years, and so the new one required a separate production slot from any other current torso patterns.

In general, many of these mid-size GWP sets seem to be afforded enough new element slots for a few new decorated elements. Besides the Blacktron Cruiser's uniquely printed minifig torso and sticker sheet, here are a few other recent examples:

Also, since a Majisto minifig can be built using the same parts as in 10305, that means that any new decorated elements in the set would likely go towards either the knight minifig and/or Majisto's magic scroll.

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting more news about this set, especially since my first Castle sets as a kid were Dragon Masters sets, and I was especially fond of set 6048 in particular! So it'd be lovely to get one to accompany my Lion Knights' Castle. That said, I'm not picky about whether the knight minifig is a dragon knight or a knight from another faction, since for me Majisto was always the star of the show!

Edited by Aanchir

6 hours ago, Aanchir said:

It's still a totally new printed element from a cost/logistics standpoint, since the old Blacktron torso has been out of production for years, and so the new one required a separate production slot from any other current torso patterns.

In general, many of these mid-size GWP sets seem to be afforded enough new element slots for a few new decorated elements. Besides the Blacktron Cruiser's uniquely printed minifig torso and sticker sheet, here are a few other recent examples:

Also, since a Majisto minifig can be built using the same parts as in 10305, that means that any new decorated elements in the set would likely go towards either the knight minifig and/or Majisto's magic scroll.

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting more news about this set, especially since my first Castle sets as a kid were Dragon Masters sets, and I was especially fond of set 6048 in particular! So it'd be lovely to get one to accompany my Lion Knights' Castle. That said, I'm not picky about whether the knight minifig is a dragon knight or a knight from another faction, since for me Majisto was always the star of the show!

Granted, but that's not different as most new sets that come out, especially outside the City branch. Newly printed torso's are simply part of the appeal of alot of the sets outthere.
Thanks for confirming the pinrted curved slopes in 40581. I wasn't sure yet.

Since a way better Majisto could be purchased through BAM then in 10305, I sincerely hope he won't be an exact copy of the Lion Knights Castle set. I'd be okay with (a) Lion Knight(s) companion(s) in the GWP, but not a bland blue skirted minifig with a curved hat and a beard element.

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The first post in this topic mentions that Majisito will have a printed skirt. “Majisto’s skirt was printed, but I believe that’s all. It also came with a knight of sorts”. Since a dragon knight would likely need a front and back torso print and a shield print (and if we are really optimistic printed legs) I don’t think they have the budget to use that many prints for a GWP especially since they are already printing Majisto. Only hope for a dragon knight is if they reuse it in medieval village.

I wonder, will the set include the wizard's magic glowing wand?

1 hour ago, Anak said:

I wonder, will the set include the wizard's magic glowing wand?

Potentially… the star-shaped wand mold IS still in production, as is the color 329 White Glow. We just haven't seen that mold used in that color yet.

5 hours ago, HotdogBricks said:

The first post in this topic mentions that Majisito will have a printed skirt. “Majisto’s skirt was printed, but I believe that’s all. It also came with a knight of sorts”. Since a dragon knight would likely need a front and back torso print and a shield print (and if we are really optimistic printed legs) I don’t think they have the budget to use that many prints for a GWP especially since they are already printing Majisto. Only hope for a dragon knight is if they reuse it in medieval village. 

Double-sided torso printing doesn't really cost much more than single-sided torso printing — the biggest factor in the cost of a new printed element is the logistical cost of dedicating a production slot to that element, not the amount of ink or amount of surfaces printed (LEGO's printing machines include both "print stations" that apply ink and "rotation stations" that rotate the part around, so each part is printed all in one go).

You have a good point that a new gown print for Majisto could hurt the chances of getting new dragon knight prints as well — unless, perhaps, the gown print itself is designed to be shared with other sets, as in the case of this generic white gown introduced in the Star Wars theme and later reused in both the Harry Potter theme and a non-licensed build-a-mini figure.

I’m going to guess that it’ll come with a Lion knight. 10305 has Majisto aligned with the Lion knights, so I think they’re going to swap them out for the remake. I think we can all agree a Dragon Master knight would be preferred, but that’s what I see as most likely. 

8 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I’m going to guess that it’ll come with a Lion knight. 10305 has Majisto aligned with the Lion knights, so I think they’re going to swap them out for the remake. I think we can all agree a Dragon Master knight would be preferred, but that’s what I see as most likely. 

It is most likely I think...

I would love to see them resurrect the halberd piece since I don't really like builded weapons. Like the one part axe, it has a unique look.

Forest Hideout GWP used Forestmen torso, hat, red plume, shield and the target round tile from the anniversary castle or blacksmith ideas set. Let us hope that this will happen again, and the Dragon knight will be reused from the upcoming medieval village. I would be greatly disappointed if Lego would just throw another Lion knight instead...  

On 8/6/2023 at 7:24 PM, SirBlake said:

Nice prediction you have!

Thanks!

I honestly love the Lion stuff we’ve gotten and there’s definitely room for more, like in the rumored village set. (Since it seems to indicate a reimagining of the Guarded Inn done in the new Lions style)

That said, I don’t think the Majisto set is the best fit, even if it is most likely. 

It would be weird if Majisto randomly switched factions. Here's hoping we get an updated Dragon Master or at least a new torso print. It would be a shame if the figures were the exact same as they were in the castle.

40 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

It would be weird if Majisto randomly switched factions. Here's hoping we get an updated Dragon Master or at least a new torso print. It would be a shame if the figures were the exact same as they were in the castle.

But his inclusion in the 10305 Castle was already weird although It doesn't bothered me.

4 hours ago, Khargeust said:

But his inclusion in the 10305 Castle was already weird although It doesn't bothered me.

I was fine with it because an out-of-place Majisto was better than no Majisto. If he's going to appear in a second set, I'd prefer them to change something about him.

7 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

A double-crossing wizard, maybe?

4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I was fine with it because an out-of-place Majisto was better than no Majisto. If he's going to appear in a second set, I'd prefer them to change something about him.

He definitely needs a print of some kind, even if it’s the BaM torso/skirt piece reused. 

On 8/9/2023 at 1:17 PM, BrickJagger said:

It doesn't really bother me so much since even in the 90s, his "alignment" varied wildly from story to story. To give just a few examples:

• In the Summer 1993 issue of Bricks & Pieces Magazine, Majisto (or rather "Merlin", as he was named in Great Britain) was a benevolent wizard affiliated with the Dragon Knights.

• In this comic from Disney Adventures magazine, he is a villain who independently opposes the Dragon Knights. His foes are identified as "Black Knights" in the comic's text, but all the visuals representing them are clearly based on Dragon Knights/Dragon Masters sets and minifigs.

• In the Timebuster comics from the Austrian LEGO Klick magazine, he is the villainous leader of the Dragon Knights, and is opposed by the heroic King Lionheart and his Royal Knights.

• Conversely, in several of the German audio dramas, Majisto (or rather "Cerlin", as he was named in Germany) is on very friendly terms with King Lionheart of the Royal Knights. Notably, in earlier German promotional comics, the leader of set 6080's Lion Knights was named Prince Lionheart — seemingly implying that the two are related, or even the same character at different stages in life!

• The "Adventures of the LEGO Maniac" comic from the July 1995 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine shows Majisto teaming up with the skeleton and ghost from Royal Knights set 6090 to harass the Royal King and his knights by throwing them into their own dungeon! That said, this comic does not feature the Dragon Knights at all — just Majisto and his dragon.

For my part, I like to imagine that this modern incarnation of Majisto from 10305 operates independently and is freely allowed to come and go wherever he is needed or wherever he can conduct his magical work in peace. After all, much like the land of Tarenta in the German audio dramas, this set's flavor text seems to describe a time of relative peace and stability, interrupted only by bandit raids by outlaw factions, or occasional unrest within the various knight factions. And this upcoming GWP is likely to fit nicely into that framework, since it gives Merlin his own workshop to conduct magical research and business from, rather than forcing him to reside permanently with any of the knight factions.

The same sort of ambiguity and contradictions are present in Fright Knights stories from the 90s. For example, the comics from the European LEGO Klick magazine tend to present Willa and her dragons as enemies of Basil and his knights, whereas stories and comics from the American LEGO Mania Magazine tend to present them them as a unified faction.

The "Adventures of the LEGO Maniac" comic from the January 1997 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine also shows Willa imprisoning the Royal King, and the Fright Knights sets themselves show Basil's knights imprisoning the Royal King's knights and soldiers. But it's hard to say whether that indicates any actual military hostilities between these two factions, or whether the Fright Knights are simply a solitary people with a generally hostile attitude towards intruders.

In the continuity of 10305, I like to imagine that Majisto and Willa maintain a professional and familial rivalry, which may be friendly at times and antagonistic at others, but unlikely to escalate into outright warfare like feuds between rival factions of knights have been known to do in the past.

During the ad with Ed Sheeran posted on Lego's Instagram today he points out Lion Knights Castle as his favourite and then mentions him and his brother had "the tiny wizard set". Could be coincidence or could be marketing.

1 hour ago, TonyFelix said:

During the ad with Ed Sheeran posted on Lego's Instagram today he points out Lion Knights Castle as his favourite and then mentions him and his brother had "the tiny wizard set". Could be coincidence or could be marketing.

Wow, just I saw the video, strange ! It could be an unexpecting happy coincidence. Or something scheduled, but it this case seems so natural.

Edited by Khargeust

The Set is rumoured to be avaiable as GWP from 18th November - so a few days before that date we should get first pictures. Wouldn´t expect them to show up much sooner than that.