3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I just bought the Nexo Knights Book second hand just to get a much better looking Merlin now. One might even say he is the twin brother of Merlok. :wink:
nex059.png

That is exactly what I meant how Majisto should look like. Well, they could have moved the cord a bit lower, added a little bag to it and they would have had a great Majisto, with just ones printed Part more, Most of the upper body is covered by the beard anyways, so letting that unprinted wouldn´t have been an issue when the details are on the skirt part.

I ordered the Medieval Blacksmith with the Insiders discount and the Galaxy Explorer + some retiring pieces to reach the threshold. Together with the GWPs and double points not a bad deal IMO, since both sets usually don´t get that high discounts anyways.

6 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I just bought the Nexo Knights Book second hand just to get a much better looking Merlin now. One might even say he is the twin brother of Merlok. :wink:

Definitely looks good (though it occurs to me now how quickly I've grown accustomed to the new dress slope piece, that the old one already looks too tall to me).

On 11/17/2023 at 12:25 AM, Yoggington said:

Have you considered using the hat with hair too?

or is that against purist rules :pir-huzzah2:

That is brilliant! Mix up the load of baldy forest men I have! 

On 11/16/2023 at 7:25 PM, Yoggington said:

Have you considered using the hat with hair too?

or is that against purist rules :pir-huzzah2:

Yeah, if I wasn't a purist, it would be easier to remove the printing. The results look great though!

Could someone post a photo of the new torso with the original helmet? I'm curious to see if it matches.

1 hour ago, jodawill said:

Yeah, if I wasn't a purist, it would be easier to remove the printing. The results look great though!

Could someone post a photo of the new torso with the original helmet? I'm curious to see if it matches.

Until i committed the crime against the minifig's hair, which you can see in the aforementioned thread i was a purist too. But the result looks great and i used hair pieces that i had multiples of (Ron's and Luke's :laugh:).

I read the Brickset review tonight while I was waiting for the Black Friday sales to start. I hadn't realized that the shutters are actually functional. That makes it so much worse in my opinion because not only are they out of proportion to the rest of the set, but they're also out of proportion with themselves. When they're open, they're spread way farther apart than they should be because of the gap created by the hinges.

I wasn't planning to get this one, but I did because 10305 went on sale. I'm just going to sell my Majisto set. Hopefully someone else values it more than me (monetarily).

Been absent for over a month, saw that there was a promotion for this set (hadn't seen the discussion, pictures, or details for it yet), bought the $400 or so AUD required to get it, then after that I saw the proper sized images for it.

Now I'm caught up with the discussion, and I can really only say what has been said 1000x already. First thought was "no shield?!?" and it only got worse from there.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:42 AM, Lyichir said:

Definitely looks good (though it occurs to me now how quickly I've grown accustomed to the new dress slope piece, that the old one already looks too tall to me).

It always looked too tall to me

11 hours ago, jodawill said:

I read the Brickset review tonight while I was waiting for the Black Friday sales to start. I hadn't realized that the shutters are actually functional. 

Because of where they are, they actually cannot open much without bumping into the railing. 🫤
BTW, I gave the knight a black greathelm (kept the silver shoulder armour), and it looks much better; I am not sure why LEGO did not do this, as the part is still in-production. 

15 hours ago, Artanis I said:

It always looked too tall to me

There are cases where the height is fine, such as when used for Saruman.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:52 PM, karrit said:

Majisto GWP seems to have run out in the U.S.

I’m hoping I will get one. I added a small Pick a Brick order along with the castle. My GWPs are showing as pending, while my PaB order is in warehouse. I’m not thrilled with what they did with the set, but I would still be upset if I didn’t get one. 

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I suspect it will be back.

I would doubt it will. GWPs usually are offered one or two times with the Majisto set having the first time last week and the second now. The VIP and Black Friday offers the last years were not offered again also as far as I remember ;). You never know though but it would surprise me.

15 minutes ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

I’m hoping I will get one. I added a small Pick a Brick order along with the castle. My GWPs are showing as pending, while my PaB order is in warehouse. I’m not thrilled with what they did with the set, but I would still be upset if I didn’t get one. 

When it showed up when you ordered, you should get it. 

Anyways with the offers the US got it doesn´t surprise me that the GWP is sold out already, along with offers like the Castle or the Galaxy Explorer, while in Europe and Australia they are still avaiable.

I never had the original

but given the differences how would someone make this one work? Like functional windows and doors? LEGO cut a lot of corners with this set but I’m curious since I don’t know if the they sell window shutters at PaB

On 11/25/2023 at 2:17 PM, eldiano said:

I never had the original

but given the differences how would someone make this one work? Like functional windows and doors? LEGO cut a lot of corners with this set but I’m curious since I don’t know if the they sell window shutters at PaB

Check out instagram @peter.g.keith

He did one. 

Sold out online

I was adding some items to the basket on cyber Monday to get the polybags and I simulated an over 250€ purchase and only the winter market was added to the list

35 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

Sold out online

I was adding some items to the basket on cyber Monday to get the polybags and I simulated an over 250€ purchase and only the winter market was added to the list

Don't think it was 'sold out'. It ran from 24th-26th. Today (27th) didn't fall into run.

23 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Don't think it was 'sold out'. It ran from 24th-26th. Today (27th) didn't fall into run.

That is correct. It was advertised as ending on Sunday, and was going to be replaced by the two polybags on the Monday.

My order arrived today, this set looks so underwhelming. Besides the nostalgia trip, (which I get when looking at images and my old stuff anyway,) the only redeeming (but not enough) factor is the existence of the torso print. And plenty of folks have pointed out that it's not really a great one. I'm just glad that it exists 'again' for potential reuse elsewhere. More new old dragon knights would be great, even if the helmet & adornments aren't as cool as the originals. Worst bit (of many): they can print a torso but not a shield? So weird.

At least it was free, and this time I didn't have to buy anything I didn't want, to get to the threshold. But the Blacktron & Forest sets were really good! I guess you can't smash it every time.

4 hours ago, Artanis I said:

My order arrived today, this set looks so underwhelming. Besides the nostalgia trip, (which I get when looking at images and my old stuff anyway,) the only redeeming (but not enough) factor is the existence of the torso print. And plenty of folks have pointed out that it's not really a great one. I'm just glad that it exists 'again' for potential reuse elsewhere. More new old dragon knights would be great, even if the helmet & adornments aren't as cool as the originals. Worst bit (of many): they can print a torso but not a shield? So weird.

At least it was free, and this time I didn't have to buy anything I didn't want, to get to the threshold. But the Blacktron & Forest sets were really good! I guess you can't smash it every time.

I’m more concerned at the fact that lego will milk the old sets with reproductions like these, such as bare minimum prints, questionable builds, I’m just worried about that the next GWP set might be pirate related like a Sabre island or something(keeping it in the same price range if sold at msrp like 29.99).  The Blacktron and Forest sets were too good but we all figured we would get them to at least re use other magicians torso that already exist or other molds, hell even the face looks funny.  We are living in weird times

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

I’m more concerned at the fact that lego will milk the old sets with reproductions like these, such as bare minimum prints, questionable builds, I’m just worried about that the next GWP set might be pirate related like a Sabre island or something(keeping it in the same price range if sold at msrp like 29.99).  The Blacktron and Forest sets were too good but we all figured we would get them to at least re use other magicians torso that already exist or other molds, hell even the face looks funny.  We are living in weird times

I wonder if they saw the feedback from the first round of these nostalgia sets, and focused on people liking the things that remained from the originals - the black trees, metal detectors, trans-yellow canopies - and decided to double down on getting as close as they could to the originals with current elements, resulting in Eldorado Fortress and Majisto's workshop. And in doing so missed that people actually liked the modern interpretations of the classic sets, not something that tries to replicate them exactly. I hope that for any future rounds they have time to reflect on the current feedback and go back to that sweet spot in the middle. (Although, in fairness to the LEGO designers, there will then likely be a chorus of people complaining that they changed the old sets, so it's really hard to win over everyone with nostalgia-based sets).

54 minutes ago, eldiano said:

We are living in weird times

GWP LEGO sets are causing despair among adults, so I would agree. 

Some people get wind of something and start to fantasize, only to be disappointed when the final product is revealed.  I want cool throwback sets like everyone else.  I temper expectations and if I'm underwhelmed, I move on.

5 hours ago, Artanis I said:

I guess you can't smash it every time.

That's a reasonable outlook :pir-huzzah2: