Zilmrud

GoH 10 C: The Port of Zamorah

The Port of Zamorah

For hundreds of years, the Aurumium mountain has been mined under Zamorah. Early on, they broke open a rock room and moved the river so that it went through the mountain instead of around the mountain. This was done to facilitate transport to and from Zamorah. Over time, a port with an extension of the city was built in the rock space below the city.
The only way to enter Zamorah is from the river and the elevator that goes up to the city.

52767563632_f87602c3ac_c.jpg

But to be able to take the elevator up to the city, strict security checks and costly fees are required. So a large part of the trade takes place in the port and the city under the mountain.
Only the most well-heeled merchants or those with the right connections make it up to the city.

52768101341_8906a6a89c_c.jpg

On this day, a tribal leader from the bear tribes in the north is visiting. To meet these, Zull af Draschen (Zamorah's ruler) has sent his son down to meet the tribal leader and bring him up to the city via the city elevator.

52768522280_6def4d8ef5_z.jpg

52768516055_f187176aca_z.jpg

Here is som more pictures:

52768101296_a1d242199b_n.jpg

52768101521_619ab6d0e1_n.jpg

52768608888_95a7002993_m.jpg

52768609198_3ab6eab091_m.jpg

Edited by Zilmrud

Wow! This is so stunning! I love how you have the layered levels. Gives the MOC such a sense of depth. The way you built the rock sections at the top really sells the cave vibe. Would love to drool over this in person!

This is most definitely quite something! Great techniques used all around and the colors are perfect! 

This is unbelievable!  The size is epic, and it has loads of great textures and details.  I love the layout with the wall and towers, great use of gold highlights throughout as well!

22 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Wow! This is so stunning! I love how you have the layered levels. Gives the MOC such a sense of depth. The way you built the rock sections at the top really sells the cave vibe. Would love to drool over this in person!

Thanks man! It was built for exhibitions. So the last weekend I will show it for the first time. You are welcome to Sweden to have a look :head_back::thumbup:

I made it i levels so it seems that it it climbing on the wall. If I hade more dbg pieces I would have built the cave higher. But then it would gave been harder to get in to boxes. The whole build is done in 32x32 modules. The top level is 32×16 modules that stand on top of stacks of 8 pab cups :laugh:

9 hours ago, -DoNe- said:

This is most definitely quite something! Great techniques used all around and the colors are perfect! 

Thanks! I tried some differebt techniques for the first time in this build. Like the round tower. I would have had some more Avalonian colours in there. But I'm happy about the result anyways. 

4 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Quite a quest you sought of your imagination. 

I hade this in mind for some while now. I'm quite glad to get it of my head. I'm glad that the time limit for the contest was moved forward. I had a hard time to get the "own time" as a parent to build it.

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is unbelievable!  The size is epic, and it has loads of great textures and details.  I love the layout with the wall and towers, great use of gold highlights throughout as well!

Thanks! It is quite big. It will be awesome on shows. The motorized elevator is a nice thing to occupy the kids with :laugh:

The gold is a part of Zamorahs history so I hade to put some in there. (The aurumium, a hard gold coloured metal mined in the mountain). But it is not to much but enough to be a noticable.

2 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Amazing work! I'll be checking it out more closely soon :wink: .

Great! I will post more close ups on insta. On the next show I will be filming a bit also.

58 minutes ago, Morgoth924 said:

Holy moly, that is amazing! The sheer size, the details, colours, building techniques, the lot!

Thanks! :laugh::thumbup:

What a gorgeous one ! So much details !

Special mention to the pier... and this two towers (a squared one linked with a beautiful curved wall to a round one, this with the crane... lovely ! )

This is amazing.  I love the 3 levels.  All the little shops and vendors are great.  The different textures and colors are nice and give the build a good aesthetic.  The crenellations on the tower with the vine stand out and looks wonderful.  The boat is nicely done, I like the drop down mast.  With all the figs and animals milling around it just makes everything look alive.  There are some really nice figs.  I think it's Zull with Rhineharts helm looks impressive.  The werewolves seem to be plotting something.  Just so much to look at here.  I will have to look at it again on flickr to catch everything I missed at the first look.  

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

What a gorgeous one ! So much details !

Special mention to the pier... and this two towers (a squared one linked with a beautiful curved wall to a round one, this with the crane... lovely ! )

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

This is amazing.  I love the 3 levels.  All the little shops and vendors are great.  The different textures and colors are nice and give the build a good aesthetic.  The crenellations on the tower with the vine stand out and looks wonderful.  The boat is nicely done, I like the drop down mast.  With all the figs and animals milling around it just makes everything look alive.  There are some really nice figs.  I think it's Zull with Rhineharts helm looks impressive.  The werewolves seem to be plotting something.  Just so much to look at here.  I will have to look at it again on flickr to catch everything I missed at the first look.  

Thanks! It is his bodyguard the paladin (i don't know if I have a name for him yet :laugh:

Nice that you saw the werevolves in the background. It's more pics on small scenes on flickr. 

it's alot of small scenes. It will be a nice display pieces on events.

The port looks great! :pir-love:  I like the towers, fortification wall and the different buildings. Everything is very detailed and beautifully built. It is interesting to watch the activities of residents and visitors.

11 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Unbelievable. I am speechless! 

Thanks

10 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Epic moc of impressive size and great detail :wub: I love all the different styles of the buildings!

Thanks. I wanted it to look like different places from around Histroica had their own place to build a house/embassy.

6 hours ago, NOD said:

The port looks great! :pir-love:  I like the towers, fortification wall and the different buildings. Everything is very detailed and beautifully built. It is interesting to watch the activities of residents and visitors.

Thanks alot

This MOC is truly jaw dropping. Amazing work. From the little details like logs on the port walls, to all of the great looking shops. This port has it all, and there's so much going on, as one would expect in such a place. I love the story and the idea of reaching the city by elevator. Great stuff! :knight:

Astonishing, superb scene, with an impressive amount of details!

Holy port! This is astonishing!
Truly massive, yet very polished and detailed work. I'm mindblown. 

The stone covering the tops of the builds is an incredibly nice touch. A tad claustrophobic for a port, but very unique. 
Wonderful and inspiring. Certainly a MOC to be printed on the annals of the Guilds for reference. 

Amazing.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:50 PM, omerai said:

This MOC is truly jaw dropping. Amazing work. From the little details like logs on the port walls, to all of the great looking shops. This port has it all, and there's so much going on, as one would expect in such a place. I love the story and the idea of reaching the city by elevator. Great stuff! :knight:

Im really glad you liked it! Thanks for the great review. 

On 3/27/2023 at 3:40 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

This is one of the most impressive builds I've ever seen for sure! Beautiful design!

Ohh wow! Thanks! I'm glad you liked it

On 3/28/2023 at 12:17 AM, Viper Knight said:

Oh, it was for a contest? Extraordinary dexterity! 

Thanks! Well it was a contest but I hade this build in mind for a long time. The contest made me get my megablocks out and build it :grin:

On 3/28/2023 at 9:26 AM, Bodi said:

Astonishing, superb scene, with an impressive amount of details!

Thanks! It's alot of details and I really think it will a awesome piece on exhibitions/events to show IRL.

13 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Holy port! This is astonishing!
Truly massive, yet very polished and detailed work. I'm mindblown. 

The stone covering the tops of the builds is an incredibly nice touch. A tad claustrophobic for a port, but very unique. 
Wonderful and inspiring. Certainly a MOC to be printed on the annals of the Guilds for reference. 

Amazing.

Thanks alot man! I'm glad you liked it. It quite big and expandable also in all directions. 

If I had more dbg I would have extended it more up and over the build to get that overhang fell to it. Maybe something to do later. 

Impressive build in both its scale and detailing! It has been great to be able to follow this grow into the finished construction, and I love how you are expanding on a detail in one of your very first GoH microbuilds :thumbup:

Such an absolutely stunning work! This is the kind of MOC I would love to experience from the perspective of a minifigure, there are just so many great details to take in. 

On 4/7/2023 at 6:03 PM, Gideon said:

Impressive build in both its scale and detailing! It has been great to be able to follow this grow into the finished construction, and I love how you are expanding on a detail in one of your very first GoH microbuilds :thumbup:

Thanks man! Maybe I will build other parts of Zamorah inspired by my micro build

18 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Such an absolutely stunning work! This is the kind of MOC I would love to experience from the perspective of a minifigure, there are just so many great details to take in. 

Thanks alot. The best response. I want to give that feeling to the observer, like kids on exhibitions. The feeling that you want to be in the MOC.

1 hour ago, Zilmrud said:

Maybe I will build other parts of Zamorah inspired by my micro build

Fingers crossed! :classic: