MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Hopefully we get a brand new character with the Visual Dictionary. We're definitely due figures for Saw Gerrera, Shmi Skywalker and Nien Numb. If they want to bring back the Celebration theme I wouldn't say no to a new Padme from TPM's final scene.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:51 PM, Graupensuppe said:

Palpatine had at least ten different outfits in the PT (and Padmé had more than 40). Some more variety would be really great.

I don't think Palpatine had that many. From my recollection the only variants we haven't gotten from the prequels yet are:

- Senator from TPM
- Black Chancellor costume from AOTC and ROTS (aside from the under robe changing from gold to black its the same costume for both films)
- Declaration of the Empire scene
- Senate Duel with Yoda

There's also the Clone Army senate scene in AOTC but that one is also the same costume as the ROTS figure that's coming in the Gunship aside from the colors being tweaked between films.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:56 PM, Old Master said:

I never even thought of that! Hopefully in the coming years we see Prequel sets break beyond their traditional models and feature some niched, more fleshed out scenes/ships/concepts.

It seems just about every corner of the OT has been covered with even the most obscure characters covered in sets, it's time for the Prequels to get that treatment.

There's still a few gaps from the OT left to cover:

- Nien Numb
- Force Ghosts
- Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
- Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian (Medical Frigate)
- Any named Imperial Officers (Ozzel, Needa, Jerjerrod, Tagge etc)
- Additional Cantina patrons
- Jabba's court including the rest of the Max Rebo Band

I definitely agree they need to start fleshing out the cast of the Prequels more beyond just the Clone Troopers.

On 7/4/2023 at 3:59 PM, AD_Bricks said:

Yavin IV, 332nd BP, and Yoda's starfighter still don't seem to be on the Australian LSAH. Harumph. I wanna see what the prices are, particularly with the BP and Yavin, as the US$160-170 sets can be anywhere between AU$250 and 270, and not in order. Like, the AT-AT was 160 and 250, then the Light Cruiser was 160 and 270, then the Justifier was 170 and 260. I wanna know how much money I have to put aside for this thing. And, of course, we all know why the price of the BP is a point of contention. 

New Zealand doesn't have them listed on the website either. They might be holding off the release date for both countries so that the three sets ship alongside the Gunship/Ahsoka wave in September.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

There's still a few gaps from the OT left to cover:

- Nien Numb
- Force Ghosts
- Princess Leia (Bespin Escape)
- Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian (Medical Frigate)
- Any named Imperial Officers (Ozzel, Needa, Jerjerrod, Tagge etc)
- Additional Cantina patrons
- Jabba's court including the rest of the Max Rebo Band

Aw man how could I overlook these. I have wanted Force Ghost figures ever since The Complete Saga came out! 

Great idea with Jabba too, a MBS style of his palace could give us some of the coolest minifigs of all time. 

7 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't think Palpatine had that many. From my recollection the only variants we haven't gotten from the prequels yet are:

- Senator from TPM
- Black Chancellor costume from AOTC and ROTS (aside from the under robe changing from gold to black its the same costume for both films)
- Declaration of the Empire scene
- Senate Duel with Yoda

There's also the Clone Army senate scene in AOTC but that one is also the same costume as the ROTS figure that's coming in the Gunship aside from the colors being tweaked between films.

These are the outfits that are pictured in "Dressing a Galaxy":

g0WjoXM.jpg

Word going around that the T-6 is getting a $10 bump from 70 to 80. 

Kinda sucks, but will have to see this set to believe it.

47 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Whats the source?

That's kinda ridiculous....whats the deal with the increase? Horrible value for how many pieces you get in this.

Edited by Fulcrumfan91

Gunship leaks are out! Blurry but you get a good view of the set and though smaller the color scheme is phenomenal. 

7 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

I'm gonna reserve my judgement for the official reveal, not too impressed yet

Not even remotely worth $140.

Gonna need a lot of convincing to buy this now.

2 hours ago, Old Master said:

Kinda sucks, but will have to see this set to believe it.

Yes, it's true. The price is $79.99 (74.99€).

Gunship looks kinda small in the photos or at least smaller than previous iterations looks a bit off.Color scheme looks great though the grey mixed in there makes the red and white pop more to me.The stripes on the door look super nice.Figs look nice, don’t want to nitpick this but fox does look to have that white stripe under his chest plate.I’m liking what I see more than not at the moment.

Edited by Displayedaction

Yeah, i need to see official photos of this to make a decision. Can't quite tell if it's all dark red or if theres some regular red.

Size is one thing I can't quite grasp right now. The box image looks small but the action shots make it look a bit bigger.

At the minimum, I am BLing the Palpy fig.

Edited by Old Master

21 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

Unsure what you mean, could you please clarify?

I misread your previous comment thinking you meant you were confused as to why you weren't able to buy the sets yet, when rereading it I'm pretty sure you meant the pages for the sets hadn't been put on S&H yet. (Sorry, I've been working 14 hour days this past week)

Gunship.... oof. I'll wait for better images before full judgement, but disregarding the color scheme, this just looks worse-designed than the 2013 model. Blockier and smaller. Not to mention a significantly worse figure selection.

Gunship is far too small for the price and the color should have been darker. although I’m gonna wait till the reveal, I am leaning towards passing and just buying the Palpatine, Padme, and Fox later.

Who knows though, I think they might reuse the Palps or Padme within the next year.

Edited by YourLocalB2

The Gunship looks great, my only major issues are the stud shooters of course and the nose of of the ship looks off to me. It definitely needs more figures though for the price. 

I like the gunship. Always was going to get it don’t think the pictures have put me off at all.

has anyone else noticed past few waves now Lego have remade vehicles but based them off different scenes or locations. 

we had the AtSt but instead of it being an Endor set they base it on Hoth. Then the republic tank introduced the purple clones. The ATTE instead of being AOTC based it was ROTS based. Now the gunship is based on something different. I like this approach because I hope if they do decide to start remaking things that they change them enough to justify it. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

The Gunship looks great, my only major issues are the stud shooters of course and the nose of of the ship looks off to me. It definitely needs more figures though for the price. 

I like it for what it is, but it feels undersized for the price. It's like a MOC given official release, which isn't a bad thing. I hope the interior is better than the 2008 version. No way it'll be as open as 75021.

I really hoped for a standard movie gunship with Bubble cannons... or a really good clone Wars gunship with Rex, so I just habe to do some modifications :/ Well, I would not want that set even if it was for free. So it is irrelevant to me, that it is so overpriced. Glad for everyone who likes it anyways.

I do want Phase II Fox to finally give my two shock troopers some leadership and direction in their aimless lives.

And I really wanted to like this set in principle, but something does look slightly wonky about it from these crappy images. Perhaps better images will do it better justice, and I'm keen to see the actual detail on the Minifigures too.

It's still mind boggling that in every other Licensed theme the designers say "we can only do material that kids actively see in current media", while the Star Wars designers go "here, here's an obscure version of a ship that kids will have never seen and a bunch of figures from a very specific Clone Wars episode". I like it, but weird.

Glad the proper leaks are starting to kick off. 

I'd like to see this again in person, but I don't think I'll end up getting it. It's cool but personally I'd prefer a classic one. As everyone has said it does look kind of stubby as well. 

Palpatine and Padme though? I'll be all over those two. Did we know Sheev had the dress piece? 

I appreciate the niche-ness of the gunship and the fact that it's a bit scaled down, but that's all it has going for itself.

The nose looks weird, previous versions did it better. And maybe it's a consequence of the fact that it's smaller, but lots of things seem off about it. Also, red instead of dark red? All in all it's a hard pass. I'm not THAT interested in those minifigs after all (fingers crossed for them appearing in magazines though).

Now all this wouldn't be so frustrating if I already had a previous version. I hope I won't have to wait for another ten years before the next, regular one appears.

1 hour ago, Wurger49 said:

The Gunship looks small

But it looks accurate...